1 PR7 Link take your website PR from 0 to 5. Is it true ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by samda, Apr 7, 2009.

1. samda Member

Theory says that getting one PR 7 link from a relevant website with not more than 20 outbound link will boost the linked website to PR 5 from PR 0 [IMG]

Is this true. Has any one achieved it. Please let us know and let's kick start the discussion.

Thanks
    Sam
  2. getagrip Gold Member

I'd highly doubt it. I know that Ezinearticles has a PR of 6, but your PR doesn't automatically jump - at least not that high - when they link into you.
  3. gridellas New Member

That would be great if it was true but it sounds a little extreme. I think a little more would be needed to see a jump like that.
  4. cherie27 New Member

I don't think it's true. Yes. It will help to boost your PR but not that much.
  5. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Sam,

Though less outbound links on a page leading to your site will be more effective, I know that a single link from a PR 7 will not boost your PR from a zero to a 5.

It'll help - especially if it's a follow - but not quite as much as the rumor suggests.

~Newbie Shield~
  6. samda Member

getagrip: I'd highly doubt it. I know that Ezinearticles has a PR of 6, but your PR doesn't automatically jump - at least not that high - when they link into you.
    Ezinearticles is PR6, but the link that you get from the articles doesn't carry that much PR.. So you wouldn't consider in this case...
  7. VictoriaNTC Silver Member

I agree also.

I do not think it would help that much.

Gov and Edu Links are very helpful, and it many be better to have a handful of high PR links as opposed to many PR0 links.

Happy Easter!
    Victoria
  8. rubsync New Member

Its not true .. I did get a PR 7 back link but my PR is still the same.
  9. Absolutely not. I know because I have put over 40 PR6-9 one-way backlinks pointing towards my site and my PR went from PR2 to PR0.
    I think that happened because I signed up with GO2IT.net and then
    had backlink texts that were too diverse and not similar enough to my primary Title that is on my website. GO2IT.net sells monthly links from 10,000 sites but every time I use them my page rank goes down.
    The time before this my page rank went down from PR3 to PR0. I cancelled 6 days ago. I will have to see if making small variations in my title bring my page rank back if I subscribe again.
  10. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Thanks guys - I wondered about this as well and got the answer before I asked. Splendid.[IMG]
  11. francisco81 New Member

I have a page rank 7 link for my site but it isn't that good of one, My PR is still 2 which I am trying to improve.
  12. winlin New Member

samueldarwin: Theory says that getting one PR 7 link from a relevant website with not more than 20 outbound link will boost the linked website to PR 5 from PR 0
    I wish it was that easy. But then everyone could do it, eh?

Where did you come across this theory? I'd like to read that mess. It sounds as if whoever wrote it is quart low... or a quart high depending on what they are drinking.
  13. ThisIsOli New Member

A single direct link from a PR7 site may get you to PR3-4. Google is constantly increasing the percentage buffer on links so it is consistently taking more and more links to reach a higher PR. In either case, PR does not really indicate much anymore, you need to look for quality over PR.
  14. ThisIsOli New Member

Willprospector

Will, it sounds like your site got penalized, while this is not particularly normal, it can happen if you start using black hat techniques.
  15. ThePhoenix New Member

getagrip: I'd highly doubt it. I know that Ezinearticles has a PR of 6, but your PR doesn't automatically jump - at least not that high - when they link into you.
    Keep in mind that the pages you get links from are actually PR0, and will most likely stay that way for awhile. Getting a link from a PR7 page with few other outbound links is sure to increase your PR, but probably would not take a PR0 to a PR5 alone.
  16. frugalfamily New Member

I have some quite high ranking links but I'm just a PR3 so I don't think that can be the case.
  17. kane1976 New Member

If you wish to increase your pagerank massively in the least possible time, then you need one way .edu backlinks. 1 .edu backlink is the equivalent to 20 .com backlinks. Bare in mind though that you need to build the backlinks slowly over the 3 month period, which is how long google takes to do their main pagerank update. Rushing it and getting too many .edu backlinks in a short period of time will without a doubt have negative affects on your seo.
  18. newbiz02 New Member

well i haven't heard about this before but i don't think this is true, and with the way things are now - it is even more untrue.

Something like that will take a long time to achieve if its a brand new domain.