10 ways to promote your website

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by sarpras, May 3, 2006.

1. ejoka

ejoka New Member

Here are some of the ways to drive traffic to your site:
    1.Using free classified ad sites
    go to google and search for the term

2.Use link refferal programs like www.freelink.com

3.Make a press release of your site

4.Try using autosurf sites too
    go to google and type autosurf sites

5.create a free blog on your chosen niche

6.Post to different newsgroups,if you don't know any,just google:newsgroups

7.Join different forums regarding your sites niche

8.You could also comment on different blogs.

9.Article marketing is one of the best ways,not only does it send you traffic to your site,it also earns you residual income.Write articles and submit them to article directories.

Hope this helps
  2. narbundi

narbundi New Member

Nobody has mentined making videos. Posting simply home made videos to You Tube, Meta Cafe, Viddler etc is a great way to attract the attention of your target market and give them a reason to visit your site.

If you are hoping to make money from your web site then simply getting a lot of hits doesn't really help and if you are not careful this is what happens with ppc advertising. Having a lot of hits is not the same as achieving a high number of conversions ie the number of visitors who go on to buy something.
  3. paidsurveys

paidsurveys New Member

Nice post. Another great way to promote your website is by using social networks. Beware do not spam any one while promoting your site!
  4. Salome25

Salome25 New Member

I am so new to all of this type of business. i have just started a blog with my daughters help, so these above suggestions are good for me. I will see if I can do most of them. I feel fairly nervous and inadequate to begin with, thanks for postings suggestions to help me with a beginning business. Tried the www.freelink.com, does not exist any more I guess.
  5. ejoka

ejoka New Member

hi,
    i am from tanzania,and i wish to know if there are really data entry works online,and if so do they hire and pay international workers?
    thanks,
  6. Jenny

Jenny New Member

Article and directory submission is the best to promote your website and some posting on relevant topics too [​IMG]
  7. bbeard

bbeard New Member

Your comments are well taken. I am a newbie and I appreciate the information that you all are putting out there for us. This information is very helpful. Thanks.
  8. knslms

knslms New Member

Don't look for more ways, these 10 will keep you busy enough. Master what you already know and then look for different ways. Its important that you don't pick and choose the methods that you want to do, master them all and then look for more ways.
  9. EmilyJames

EmilyJames New Member

The most powerful way to promote is word of mouth (referrals).
  10. candi

candi New Member

Those are all good ways to spread the company name around, and word of mouth is by far the quickest I have seen. I drop biz cards from time to time at local shops and food places, works great.
  11. protoscopic

protoscopic New Member

Be very careful about link referral programs and paid links as well as reciprocal links. All of these have the potential risk of hurting your Google Pagerank, which could do more harm than good. While it's nice to get some inbound links, organic search traffic is a vital long term goal and you don't want to do anything to jeopardize that.
  12. z2ac2k

z2ac2k New Member

I would love to hear some suggestions on

2. Press releases
    3. Email to VIPs

Thanks
  13. Bigrich

Bigrich New Member

I had really never blogged till recently and now I get alot of emails and traffic to my site so maybe that is helping...
  14. maakd

maakd New Member

There are other unique ways to promote site.

-Create Rubber stamp and and use this any letter
    to send.

-Put your URL at your carrying bag.

-Go to department store and stick your url with short description.
    people can look there.

-Make street Seminar FREE of Charge - Just create unique sound
    and gather people then tell them about your business.

- Put Your URL cloth to your pets.

-Create Your Post card with your URL.

You may add further.

Thanks
  15. RogueDomains

RogueDomains New Member

Word of mouth is one of the most powerful vehicles to build or break down a company's reputation and standing. In the internet age, word of mouth has grown up. It's grown from telling a neighbor or co-worker what a good or bad experience you had with a company ( and thus why s/he should or shouldn't ever do business with said company) to blog/forum postings that have the potential to reach infinitely more people.

However, this thread's topic is how to promote your website, ie, how you can AFFECT a growth in traffic to your site. Word of mouth only occurs after good or bad experiences.

To drive traffic to your site, the first step is having a good domain name, preferably with keywords related to your business, which will result in natural type-in traffic (direct navigation). Premium names can also be purchased from an aftermarket site or via negotiation with the current domain owner.

After the name is registered or acquired and the site is built, you will want to optimize it for the search engines using proper keywords and metatags, regularly updating content (keeping pages fresh), establishing backlinks, etc, and then submitting it to the search engines to be crawled and indexed.

After this is complete, the aforementioned strategies come into play- article submission, press releases, blog creation and forum postings, business cards, print/radio/screenvision/adsense advertisments, etc.
  16. awesomeincome

awesomeincome New Member

This is a nice post, being a newbie, I've a learned a lot.[​IMG]
  17. Seth

Seth New Member

also add Social Network Marketing and Video Marketing :- )
  18. 2500PerDaycom

2500PerDaycom New Member

Offline marketing is highly effective when it comes to....

Magazine Display Ads
    Postcards/Dropcards
    Newspapers
    TV Media Displays
  19. David

David New Member

One of the methods listed is directory submission
    I have become discouraged with directory submissions. I hear from the gurus that reciprocal links with free directories is useless for page rank yet it seems that 99% of free directories demand a reciprocal link.
    What is the consensus here?

David
  20. Seth

Seth New Member

reciprocal links

Some webmasters usually do not link back thus enjoying the benefits of an inbound links. Moreover the links are buried to your link page which takes five to ten clicks to view the page. Your anchor text points to another landing page instead of directly pointing to yours when it is placed by the webmasters in their page. This leaves your anchor text with no relevance or worth. Webmasters deceive you by placing your link on their page but leave you with no way & space to navigate back to your site from theirs.