10 ways to promote your website

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by sarpras, May 3, 2006.

1. robertgallagher

robertgallagher New Member

you forget about Group posting and Social Book marking and SMO (Social Media Optimizations)

though thanks for sharing.
  2. awesomeincome

awesomeincome New Member

I use many methods as mention here as well. I even joined safelists but Article Marketing works best for me[​IMG]
  3. Meshmore

Meshmore New Member

My biggest undoing to traffic generation has been trying to be good in all traffic generation sources.

And my marketing was haphazard - I was trying to do it all at once.

I have since decided to stick to one traffic source till I see results. Once I have seen results I move to the next traffic source.

So this is methodical - and you won't be all over the show because you're running after the latest fad of traffic generation.

As one marketer put it, even when you're learning languages - you don't learn French, Spanish and Italian at the same time. You single one - once you're done with it - that is when you can move to learning another one.

So as an example, my day may go like this;

1. Write 5 articles for my site promotion
    2. Make 10 forum postings
    3. Make 1 blog post

Once you have a system - just stick to it - till you see some results
  4. Sonni

Sonni New Member

Great tip meshmore, having a system is awesome and it works if you stick with it, however, it requires discipline to stay focused. I like the way you only listed 3 things to start with so that it doesn't get overwhelming. So many newbies get overwhelmed and quit, if they use a simple system to start and continued to add on a little at a time they will succeed. This is a great thread keep it going.
    Sonni
  5. tmv

tmv New Member

I'm going against conventional thinking here:

OFFLINE marketing works!

The most powerful statement is "make money from home"!

-place bandit/road signs with this phrase and a simple easy to remember site

-place a sign on your car and go get into a traffic jam(don't laugh it works)

-Taxi cabs! they sell advertising, they DRIVE EVERYWHERE!

-for a even bolder move go to some of these big "make money" type seminars. pass out your cards or place on the driver side windows

-try your local "penny saver" classifieds with using the phrase up above.

-place door hangers(works as long as your product has a good price point)

The original post and ideas are great for building medium and long term traffic. Remember most people who go "online" get so bombarded and confused and become paralyzed and do nothing.

The methods above work instantly and have been proven to work.

Old ways are not bad ways. Just everyone has jumped on things that seem easier, but not always!
  6. fixaprob

fixaprob New Member

Good points thanks for sharing it. but one most important thing is that these points show their good response when you will implement it with a right way and proper knowledge.
  7. Taty2010

Taty2010 New Member

Make youtube videos and post them as video responses.