2 goals that I am achieving!

Discussion in 'Diet and Nutrition' started by jdejvet, Sep 15, 2007.

1. jdejvet

jdejvet New Member

#1 lose weight and get physically fit.
    I have lost 60lbs since the beginning of May 2007. I joined a gym and started dieting (different diets-changed them as the results got slow)

#2 earn money from home and have at least $30,000 comming in a year to help support my family.
    Since August 28th, I believe, I got the Income4Beginners system and have earned my first dollars working with only my PC.

I purposed to reach a substancial income and my goal weight by the time I reach 30 yrs old. I think I am well ahead of that goal with the weight! But I still want it that long term for the income and I still have some extra lbs to take off. I think if it is too early, then I may disappoint myself. Ya know?

Anyone else have these goals or similar? I would love to hear them.

2. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Weight gain is big problem when you work from home, hope to lose some soon

3. broadland

broadland New Member

Double jeopardy
    Weight gain can be a problem for anybody doing sedentary work. Exercise is highly recommended. People tending to gain weight while earning increasing income working from home fall into a trap of using appetite reducing pills such as phentermine. Yes, they will reduce your appetite, but they will also often cause insomnia. This will make you feel you can do more work and earn more money. You are getting into an addiction or habit trap. Watch out.

4. decker2006

decker2006 New Member

I find that when I work from home I am MORE active than when I am at my office job. At home I am moving around - doing laundry, up and down stairs, doing chores, cleaning. At the office, I just sit.

5. broadland

broadland New Member

Quoting: decker2006I find that when I work from home I am MORE active than when I am at my office job. At home I am moving around - doing laundry, up and down stairs, doing chores, cleaning. At the office, I just sit.

How true! Yes, I was ignoring one of the most beautiful aspects of work at home. You are your own boss and can, for example, go out and mow the lawn or water the garden in a short break. Or you can take a longer break and go out shopping.
    Probably the physical exercise of ordinary work but undertaken in the outdoor setting during the day is going to be doubly rewarding in terms of reduction in stress and health benefits.

6. jdejvet

jdejvet New Member

This is so true! I am constantly running! I work best under pressure and between housework, homeschooling 3 children and running after 1 more, and running my business, I am very happy and content (especially when my business is doing well[​IMG])

Excercise is never a challenge! LOL

7. Trojan9

Trojan9 New Member

quote:

I have lost 60lbs since the beginning of May 2007. I joined a gym and started dieting (different diets-changed them as the results got slow)

reply:

congratulations on the weight loss, I know a lot about fitness and I will say this, be careful because you are losing weight at a very rapid pace. To be safe, make sure you focus on bodyfat weight loss rather than scale weight. I assume you are lowering your calories, if you continue to do this you may be surprised that your diet begins to lose its ability to work anymore. I hope this is not the case because the weight you lose can come back very rapidly even after a six month period, it can jump back in a matter of weeks. Nutrition is not tricky, but it is science. There are rules to follow. Many people fall into the yo-yo effect which is very draining emotionally.

keep up the weight loss and money making, but be safe in both, and you will be rewarded with a new you.

gl

8. jdejvet

jdejvet New Member

I appreciate the response! I had alot to lose (about 20lbs water weight that came off within two weeks) My Dad had a heart attach two years ago February, and it scared me. I didn't do anything right away and then it hit me one day that my bmi was VERY HIGH RISK! I have a bad history in my family for hd and diabetes. I am now consuming around 1800 calories (give or take a few) I know this is very healthy for my weight. I am still at risk, so that will tell you how much I weighed to begin with. I know that the heavier you are, the faster you will lose. I have lost about 15lbs in about a month, so it has slowed down alot the less I weighed. I am not concentrating so much on weight as much as I am body fat %. I am around 25% now, but I was up to 40%. I feel great!

9. Trojan9

Trojan9 New Member

Ya 1800 calories is very healthy, its what I eat for my meals to stay lean. My max is 2200 for a day. I alternate Highs and Lows. I too have the same health concerns in my family but the doctor says I'm fine, and have no diabetes, thank god. I see what my mother goes through and it is not pleasant. You are lucky also you are still rather young and weight loss is easier. I still caution you this, heavier people do lose weight faster the first time, thats the key. The next round begins the struggle and everyone eventually gets here and weight loss is harder. The more you lose and gain back and forth the more you will struggle.

That being said, looks like you know what your doing or following a sound plan, and looks like you will reach a healthy bodyfat level very soon. Awesome. Enjoy it and let it filter out into your money making success and other parts of your life. There are few things that feel as wonderful as being in shape. The world is very different when your looking good, at least in my eyes. I wish you luck and good health.

10. broadland

broadland New Member

Quoting: Trojan9be careful because you are losing weight at a very rapid pace.
    Weight loss of 2 lbs a week is considered good, easily acheivable and safe. For people with gross obesity i.e. BMI of over 35, 4 lbs a week is not risky. People with Type II diabetes may also lose weight a bit faster than 2lb/week. If you are losing weight at a fast pace, it is good to take some nutritional/vitamin supplements. Some people recommend Vitamin B/C and others say multivitamin. There is not need to overdo this dietary supplement

11. halptw

halptw New Member

I used to work for GNC, and love to talk nutrition. Your diet is about 85% of your success/failure. As much as I enjoyed talking supplements, I hated retail and it paid very low. Now I have the best of both worlds, working at home and talking nutrition (I'm also a personal trainer). If you're interested in nutrition, there are many network marketing possibilities out there. I'm happy with mine, as I've tried the products and enjoy their benefits/results. My clients like the weight loss results and the referrals are outstanding.
    Keep up the good work on your weight loss. Don't use any crash diets, and choose weightlifting in a circuit fashion over cardio for best results.

12. concetta

concetta New Member

Hi Jennifer,
    Congratulations on the weight loss and the success with your new business. I have sent you a PM with some info that I think you will be very interested in.

Keep up the good work!

Coni

13. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Quoting: jdejvet#1 lose weight and get physically fit.

#2 earn money from home and have at least $30,000 comming in a year to help support my family.
    Since August 28th, I believe, I got the Income4Beginners system and have earned my first dollars working with only my PC.

I purposed to reach a substancial income and my goal weight by the time I reach 30 yrs old. I think I am well ahead of that goal with the weight! But I still want it that long term for the income and I still have some extra lbs to take off. I think if it is too early, then I may disappoint myself. Ya know?

Anyone else have these goals or similar? I would love to hear them.

Hi Jen,

I just stopped in to congradulate you on the weight loss and on the biz success. It sounds like you really know what you are doing on each account. I wish you continued success.

Newbie Shield

14. southbank63

southbank63 New Member

Congratulations jdejvet!

I bought I4B from you... so maybe I can take some of the credit for your online success..[​IMG] Ok.. maybe not.. [​IMG] LOL

Congratulations on starting to achieve both your goals.. you sound like a nice person and you deserve it.. ( see I'm not such a pessimist..see 'Are we all liars?'...if you dont get what i mean [​IMG] )

My goals are to understand what Im doing... this stuff does fascinate me as an intellectual gym session if you like.. cos it is making my brain work.. tho it appears to be on a 'go slow' today! There is so much depth to marketing.. i have to admit i started just to 'have a play about' but i quite like it [​IMG] It's adictive!

Physical goals... ? I'm a bit older than you and so I'd just like my knees to still work! [​IMG]

Here's to your continued success x

15. aplina

aplina New Member

walking or running can help with weight lose

16. broadland

broadland New Member

The bigger problem with weight reduction is keeping to the goal weight. I have dealt with a lot of people, who with the greatest of determination and with relative ease lost the weight, only to regain a part if not all of it within 6-12 months.
    While I am not endorsing the ensuing statement, I would like to see a discussion on it.
    If, after the age of 45, you are under 80KG and if you can stay within 15 pounds (+ or - 7 KG) of what you are, you will be relatively more healthy.
    In other words, it is more important to maintain a constant weight.

17. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Quoting: pcworkWeight gain is big problem when you work from home, hope to lose some soon

I have actually lost weight since I started working from home as I am MORE active..I now have a goal every day when I get up.I have always been a multi-tasker and kept myself busy but now I have dreams again and it keeps me so motivated that sometimes I forget to eat - LOL!

One of my goals had been to bring my husband home from his 70+ hour a week job and we did that 6 months after I got started now we are working on more long term goals...

(like training my hubby-dear to do laundry and do the cooking - lol)[​IMG]

Much success to all!
    Viola

18. mycats

mycats New Member

I started to gain weight when the weather turned cool. I was doing good during the summer but now I realized that I was spending way too much time in front of my computer.

Now I make sure that I am taking time away from the computer and get myself moving by doing things.

19. concetta

concetta New Member

I am SO glad to hear such a lively discussion on nutrition and healthy weight loss. While exercise is crucial it really is necessary to make good dietary choices in order to maintain a healthy weight. I have been lucky enough to find a business that allows me to work from home, make excellent money AND keep fit and healthy so that has been awesome. The fringe benefit is that I also get to share in peoples stories and successes which has been and unexpected gift!

Here's to a happy and healthy New Year to everyone!

Coni

20. Brooke

Brooke New Member

YOU GO jdejvet!!!! You sound like your on a mission and sometimes thats all you need. I had to lose after my son was born and one day I saw the movie "SUPER SIZE ME" (no I am not an affiliate-lol). Not only was I grossed out by fast food but I went food shopping and bought everything organic. I have tried to eat organic foods ever since.

Theres a lot to be said about the chemicals and crazy ingredients we put into our bodies. Read the nutrition facts on everything you eat and you'll start to be very picky. Even "whole grain" bread has tons of corn syrup and high fructose..... I could go on forever on this topic!!