30 Day Challenge - Post Your Experiences Here

Discussion in 'Thirty Day Challenge' started by Newbie Shield, Jun 11, 2009.

1. rocketruiz

rocketruiz New Member

yes, you loose quite a bit of functionality! Trying to remain positive in all of this. One is able to make money through Squidoo and also Hubpages. I have tried though, and still need to add more lenses and content. Having said this, I am still trying to find 'how' exactly' All this is fun, but at the end of the day, there's bills to pay! One finds oneself constantly writing articles, which can be cool, however, you get stumped. I have made it a hobby now and have addressed issues where family adn friends are concerned. Example, both my sisters found out recently that they are prego, so I write or add a pregnanacy related article on my site. i have not sold anything though. When?? oh well. Has anyone tried Six Figure Income? is it a scam?

yes sing, my hair does hurt! pulled back in a bun, creasing up my forhead, worry's got hold of me! I am happy for you Victoria. You deserve it girl! Hopefully you have some one buying from your site soon. i like your layout. I considered it too, but settled for another.

2. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Hi Friends,
    Thank you for the kind replies about my mother.
    She is at home, and healing.

Well, traffic for my phrase is a little slow, I suppose I need to be patient and keep at it.
    August seems to be a slow month anyway.

How about Traffic Bug?
    It is pretty cool.

Hopefully, it will work well over time.
    Cheers!
    Victoria

3. rocketruiz

rocketruiz New Member

oh yeah, it slows down and then picks up the more backlinks you create. tweeking also helps. i have been absent for a week. i have not checked my ratings out yet, however, i asume that they are not as positive as they had been before i left. this is a great space to be cretive though. the only thing is making money will take some time and ofcourse patience. i do realise this. i am happy for the creative outlet, non the less!

4. andyc12

andyc12 New Member

i think this is great the first way to teach someone without getting a hefty bill in the past not too sure on the market samuri softwere but will try it for a short while

is anyone else doing this challenge

andy

5. Singapoor

Singapoor New Member

And now I'm playing catch up a bit here in the forum [​IMG]. Firstly, hello and welcome Andy [​IMG]. To answer your question, I have to raise my hand as someone who's also following along with this year's challenge. I've not used the newest version of Market Samurai (since I got the free version offer from the 2008 challenge and am still using the free version... so I'm locked out of access to the new features). But with these things said, the new features seem really great... super useful, and will no doubt help new affiliate marketers along on their journey with much greater ease in cases than "traditional" approaches. (Wondering if it's even fitting to use the word "traditional" to reference an industry/phenomina that's so young)

Hey Rocket, I know what you mean - writing writing writing seems to be all that I do these days. I took a break for little over a week to attend to family stuff, then I was surprised how overwhelmed I felt getting back into it all. So, not only is it writing writing writing, it's writing that you really should keep on top of or it then becomes harder to get the momentum back. I mean, I just imagine what would happen if I needed to walk away for a month! Well, there are automated systems and such, but still... Anyway, that's why we choose topics for content that's near and dear to our hearts, no [​IMG]? And speaking of which, it's great that you were inspired by your sisters' pregnancies to write about pregnancy and yoga because many people are looking for info on specifically that! Your site is already on it's way to being really very well-rounded. And as a resource site, people will most definitely appreciate that.

Hi Victoria... the good thing about having gotten off to such a great head start with your phrase is that even though the traffic is slow for the term now, it's only a matter of time before it will be much higher. And at the point it's super up there, your site will be the oldest voice, have the most content, and therefore be the most useful overall. There's something to be said for being first [​IMG]. And I think Napoleon Hill made a great point when he said "Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit." Enjoy the path, you're in a good position.

6. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Well, I have caught up, as I had missed over a week.

Mother is fine....the hospital fed her a full breakfast 5 hours before hip replacement surgery. Guess what happened as the doctor was putting her under? She was sick! Straight into her lungs, and the pneumonia left her 1 inch for air! Crazy!I mean, we cannot get our cays neutered or spayed if they have eaten for the past 12 hours!

30DC was so very cool this year, and I will be there next August.

There are always new tips and tricks being introduced.....like Posterous. ..how cool!

I think 30DC Plus would be an excellent program for those who have "found" their micro niche.

I am seriously considering creating and selling sites..

Thank you everyone for your kind words about my mom.
    Thank you Singapoor.. hope so!

Cheers!
    Victoria

7. rocketruiz

rocketruiz New Member

Thank you for the voice of encouragement sing.

Still trying to come up with fresh content, daily. It is definately an ongoing journey. I thought that the 'work from home' field would be a restful time. I have to schedule writing around my very busy 16mth old and her activities. [​IMG] Its all good though as I am kept on my toes, constantly.
    Nothing is for free right..
    I have become the tortoise in the race. Slow an steady!
    Trying to get my mind around the fact that this is not a race, though. Everything happens in its own time and space.
    totally cut my hair, been hurting too much! been trying to use my own advice, breath and stop...

i think i may have favorited your squidlens. big up for great advice! do you have a website? do you sell products for dark skin? just curious??

andy the market samurai is awesome! I would get it if i could. however, like sing, i am still using the free form. do not know how long it stays though. Traffic bug .. love it. it is much quicker too, to add new URLs than to mkt sam. good luck with it. I know you are going to love it!

hey victoria, been thinking about flipping sites too. flippa seems awesome, does 'nt it. it is definately somthing to consider. you can make a buck or more. I am getting attached to mine though . I should treat it like the 'burning man' and burn it at the end of creation... sell it! maybe sad though! a penny for a thought, though.
    feeding your mom before surgery.. not cool!! i do not know the specifics , however, with my experience, i know that you are suppose to have an empty belly. .. glad she is doing well!
    lesson learnt. blog about it, sister. spread the word.

hope all goes well with you..

blessings to all

8. Singapoor

Singapoor New Member

VictoriaNTC: Mother is fine....the hospital fed her a full breakfast 5 hours before hip replacement surgery. Guess what happened as the doctor was putting her under? She was sick! Straight into her lungs, and the pneumonia left her 1 inch for air! Crazy!I mean, we cannot get our cays neutered or spayed if they have eaten for the past 12 hours!

30DC was so very cool this year, and I will be there next August.

There are always new tips and tricks being introduced.....like Posterous. ..how cool!

I think 30DC Plus would be an excellent program for those who have "found" their micro niche.
    Wow, it was even more short-sighted than one would expect from medical professionals! Such a big risk, so close to disaster, and for no reason. I hope she's recovering ok from the surgery and will be up and mobile again very soon (if she isn't already).

I think I agree on the 30DC Plus thing. Like with this one other system that regularly pops up here (I think it's the My Online Income System), there's a part two of it.... in the case of programs like that, I think it's great that they offer something to guide you through the next level after you've mastered the basics. And who better to hold your hand through the task of navigating the second part of your journey than the person/team who led you through the first part?

In my case though, I see me holding off on the 30DC Plus, because after understanding the foundation, I saw that I'd like to veer towards a different direction than the 30DC Plus would likely take me. Well, at least that's my position for now [​IMG].

I'd love to hear the opinion of folks who've gone through it though. *wondering if anyone's on who does it*

9. Singapoor

Singapoor New Member

rocketruiz: Thank you for the voice of encouragement sing.

Still trying to come up with fresh content, daily. It is definately an ongoing journey. I thought that the 'work from home' field would be a restful time. I have to schedule writing around my very busy 16mth old and her activities. Its all good though as I am kept on my toes, constantly.
    Nothing is for free right..
    I have become the tortoise in the race. Slow an steady!
    Trying to get my mind around the fact that this is not a race, though. Everything happens in its own time and space.
    totally cut my hair, been hurting too much! been trying to use my own advice, breath and stop...

i think i may have favorited your squidlens. big up for great advice! do you have a website? do you sell products for dark skin? just curious??
    You're welcome Rocket [​IMG]. My favourite part of your post is the part where you said: "Trying to get my mind around the fact that this is not a race, though. Everything happens in its own time and space." It's soooooooooooooooooooo true.

Being on the forum and reading things online has shown me that, at the point we can give up the idea that things NEED to happen in a certain time frame, we will feel better overall AND allow for a refocusing which may lead to a more fruitful progression.

Strangely, it was the 30DC that got to me. What I mean by that is that, when I first went through it, I gave myself such crap for not completing each day in 1 day. I felt hurried, or that something was wrong with the process because it was taking too long. I mean, afterall, they're structured to be completed in a day, no? So what's wrong with ME if I can't manage in a day? What's worse is that I wasn't even a 100% newbie. For instance, they were explaining Wordpress blogs, but I'd known about Wordpress and had utilized the platform a year prior... so imagine, I REALLY felt, I don't know, "slow" at times.

Those thoughts were sooo toxic. It was when I got over thinking that things HAVE to be on a certain timeframe (even if it's a realistic timeframe), that I began to feel better overall, and get further overall. Seeing it as a journey instead of a series of reststop destinations has helped me majorly.

Which leads me to... it's great you cut your hair. Pulling it out isn't a good look girl [​IMG].

Thanks for the rating, I've also replied to your comment. I love that you got something out of it (which is my end goal in writing these things up). It's really a bummer feeling like you write content, then send it out into a black hole [​IMG]. That's why the feedback is lovely... even negative feedback, because I always get something out of having some sort of litmus test. And if folks speak up, I can see what I need to tweak, how to make things more useful, which topics are most interesting, etc.

Speaking of the feedback thing, I'll answer your question about having a site. Yep, I have a site - I just added its address to my lensmaster bio (a step I was going to take once I had a few more lenses up, but hey, why not now?). But it focuses on acne, as opposed to general skin care.

The problem I'm having with my site though is that there's not much feedback. I can see my traffic stats of course, so I see that folks ARE reading (and returning regularly too), but I have no clue what to tweak.... so it makes me feel like it's a hedonistic endeavur. Or, said differently, I feel like I write for myself at the point when folks aren't chiming in on the writeups. I wish I knew what they felt so that I could get a better feel of what else to offer as far as content and format goes. Anyway, that could just be part of the growth process.

No, I don't sell products. One step at a time [​IMG]. Right now, the only thing on there is adwords, and that's doing ok. Actually, there are Amazon suggestions for a few posts as well, but those are ignored [​IMG]. I really want to get more content up and redesign the site in the way I want it before I deepen the offerings though.

10. rocketruiz

rocketruiz New Member

hi all,
    so the challenge has been over for a few now and i am here trying to add as much info as i can by creating backlinks, and submitting articles while the trial period still holds.

then the plug gets pulled. WPD will allow the 2 sites free and the other very helpful tools are all paid. WHY???[​IMG] I know the answer, i just wanted to scream out my frustration. I have spent a month trying out this new 'thang'. I loved the platform. I do not want the curtain to close on my parade.

There has to be other ways to get through this without cost. No, I have not created income during the month. I know that I am possibly not the only one, however, it does get frustrating.

Like any job, you have to work at it for a few to finally reap the benefits.

Could i get the same or similar aid with wordpress?
    is there no other way for me to create traffic to my site?
    i love want i write about and i love that i am spreading good energy.
    I guess, this is just another hurdle, i have to get over and this, too, as part of my journey needs to be 'enjoyed' and appreciated. and also.. 'this too shall pass'.

any comments or similar experience from anyone.. or am i the only one in this predicament? if so.. what am i doing wrong?

11. tandre

tandre New Member

How does this online mentoring program compare with MOIS which is also for newbies like me? Should I go to this next after I finish MOIS?

12. shepherdp

shepherdp New Member

Hi

I spent 7 days on keyword research with Market Samurai so got behind early on. It would be quicker to start it with no niche and then find one using their steps. Searching for keywords in the Personal Development and Wealth Creation market narrows down the options for finding niches that fit the criteria - best to explore all the hot niches and drill down. I'm on day 40 and about half way through. Getting hung up on keywords took away my momentum early on. I'll revisit it soon.

My Wordpress Direct trial expired without me touching it. I already have a couple of sites using standard Wordpress with SEO Plugins.