60 day Vista trial over now what??? Can anyone advise please?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by redsadie, May 2, 2009.

1. redsadie

redsadie New Member

Hi guys

I bought a new latop just over two months ago and it had a 60 day Vista Basic trial on there. I like the Vista program as it does what I need and is easy to use, but now my trial is over I can't do anything in Word (well anything Office actually!).

I used to use XP Pro which was good but my old laptop died, hence the new one.

Does anyone know what I can do with my laptop now because as far as I'm concerned it's pretty much useless to me at the moment, ok I can get the internet but I need it for more than this and I can't afford to pay for Vista proper just yet.

I'm not sure if I have my old XP disc at home (I'll have to check) but can I just reload this onto my new laptop if I have got it and if I haven't got it, what then?

Thanks in advance peeps [​IMG]

2. samda

samda Member

Just as simple as this... Uninstall Vista and install XP. Dont format the disk. If you do so your data will be out....

3. redsadie

redsadie New Member

samueldarwin: Just as simple as this... Uninstall Vista and install XP. Dont format the disk. If you do so your data will be out....

Thanks Samuel

I didn't have chance when I got home yesterday (little girls sleepover!) so I'll try that today. It won't scrap everything I have will it? I better do a backup first just incase.

R. x

4. johnjimat

johnjimat New Member

ya uninstall your vista and install XP. for me XP is easy to use.. my father laptop use vista. its hard for me to use his laptop. [​IMG]

5. redsadie

redsadie New Member

johnjimat: ya uninstall your vista and install XP. for me XP is easy to use.. my father laptop use vista. its hard for me to use his laptop.
    Should I back up my laptop first though?

R. x

6. pinkyparrot

pinkyparrot New Member

If I were you, I would backup onto a disk like a dvd or cd.. Don't backup up to your hard drive in case there are complications

7. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

Your laptop didn't come with a OS when you bought it. Or you didn't activate the OS.

If that is the case, back up your harddisk using Ghost. So that later you can view your data and retrieve it back.