A Big Event

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by pincpassion, Jan 21, 2010.

1. pincpassion

pincpassion New Member

I heard that to make the most of affiliate marketing, I should look for products that are launching or big events coming. Are there any good sites that constantly post events like these? Or, what strategies I can do to quickly find big events.

2. bookguy

bookguy New Member

There are such sites, many of them, but you need to do your homework first to see what it is that you can do effectively. One strategy that you might employ first is to look around you in your everyday activities while offline. This can be what you see on television, hear on the radio, read about in newspapers and magazines, and talk about with people at school, at work, at the gym, etc.

Ask yourself the following questions and take careful note of what the answers are: What is happening around you? What are people talking about? What attracts your interest, and makes you want to find out more about it? What do others around you seem interested in?

This is a quick and unscientific manner of identifying trends, but it is a starting point to begin from in researching what might eventually become "the next big thing." After you do this, armed with this information, it should not be too difficult to look through affiliate marketing product lists such as that of ClickBank to find items that match up with with what markets and audiences that you are interested in addressing.

3. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

I really don't think that you will make large sums of money if a new product is being launched. Unless you really have a large email list of subscribers, I don't see a huge difference is your potential revenue.

TF

4. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Unless you can jump on the product keywords...

Mashable is a great site..

You could subscribe to some upscale IM sites, filter them into Google Reader, Twitter and so on.

I like to follow Ed Dale and Guru Bob from the Thirty Day Challenge.

Just a few ideas....

Victoria

5. fredraley

fredraley New Member

Big "event" "launches" are tactics used by the big promoters to generate excitement about upcoming products. It is an advanced marketing tactic that works if you have the basic infrastructure in place: Squeeze pages, autoresponders, call systems, payment processors, fulfillment houses, customer service setup, etc.

It is not for the newbie or faint of heart.