A little advice, please?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by caroline6391, Jan 19, 2010.

1. caroline6391

caroline6391 New Member

Hello Everyone,

I have been getting into affiliate marketing and have been working my butt off! However, I am a full-time student working three, part-time jobs, and I need to see some money coming in to help out a little.

I'm spending a lot of time getting my online business up and running and getting traffic to my sites; however, I am hurting when it comes to income right now, and I have yet to see a sale. I know they will come eventually, but does anyone have any ideas for some quick (even small) income?

I have tried IMReportCard.com, and this seems successful. Yet I was wondering about data entry (which I know can be dangerous and full of scams) or maybe mystery shopping from home? I have heard about individuals doing this and being successful. Does anyone have any websites in mind that could get me going with something like that?

Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Thanks!

2. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

Affiliate marketing is no quick and easy solution for cash flow for the average person. You very often have to test and market different things to find something that works.

3. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Data entry is a rip off and not what it is made out to be. You might earn a little money mystery shopping, but even then, you have to watch out for scammers. You might want to look into the 30 Day Challenge, which is free, and something you can learn a lot from.

4. kyrash

kyrash New Member

If you considered data entry at some point then you may be better off going with a program like associated content where you are paid directly into your paypal. Forget data entry if you intend to keep the little cash you have. Peace

5. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Affiliate marketing just takes a while.

As you gain experience, it will become easier to build that bridge between the products and services to the crowd.

Be sure to do a scam check before joining any program.
    Victoria

6. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

What kind of products are you promoting as affiliate products?

The reason I ask - is because if you are targeting the work at home folks, you will have a hard haul![​IMG]

Here are a few bits of advice that I picked up from OWM - if you are building a blog or Squidoo lens - each lens or blog needs to stay niche focused.

Don't talk about 'work at home'... dieting... how to fix your wii games... all one one lens or blog.

You won't get much traffic unless you can narrow your niche down to a specific niche within a niche - if you know what I mean.

Like if you are going to blog about growing vegetables ( and yes there are ebooks about gardening on Clickbank) - [​IMG]... you will want to pick a niche within the gardening niche, such as how to raise whopper tomatoes... how to keep bugs off potatoes...

The others are right - just stay focused as most of the other stuff isn't going to be any quicker...and if you start focusing on something else, you will lose momentum on your affiliate stuff.

Good luck!

7. tandre

tandre New Member

Hello,

You might look at paid surveys or freelance work as a way to make some money in lean times. E-lance is a good website to try for the freelance work

8. Yeoch

Yeoch Member

getagrip: You might earn a little money mystery shopping, but even then, you have to watch out for scammers.
    Hi,

Today, I receive an email from FBI alerting subscribers against 'Mystery/Secret Shopping'. Full details at http://www.fbi.gov/cyberinvest/escams.htm

9. Honest Income

Honest Income New Member

With my business I have a tight budget as well, getting your campaign up will take time. Keep pecking away and you will reach your goal. Many sites have been built with very little cash flow at first, depending on a few adwords and affiliate banners for their main revenue. Search for better paying affiliate programs to join and impliment them into your site and promote, promote, promote.
    Good Luck

10. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Caroline,

I am not too sure what you are trying to sell online but I would love to help you out and get you on the right track to succeed.

I have a step by step training that you can follow and if you do, I can assure you with complete confidence that you will be able to make at least $1000 per month in residual income within 1 year.

Send me a PM or email me and I would love to help you out. It will not cost you an arm and a leg. [​IMG]

Tal

11. pcwork

pcwork New Member

You can try freelance writing

12. gowriter

gowriter Member

If you're willing to write content for sites, i.e. get paid $10 an article or more, then check Freelance Home Writer Blog by Willow Sidhe for some good thorough reviews.

I wrote for one of the sites mentioned in her blog, Personal Money Store, and got paid within a week by Pay Pal. The editor is picky, but at least he'll tell you what's wrong with the content.

Another one I wrote for was World Start. Also paid in a week. The editor is nice. You have to email him your idea first, but once you write the article and add pictures you can get up to $75, depending on number of pages, etc.

Check out the blog. Good stuff.

Just do as the editor tells you and fix any probs.

13. timbonderud

timbonderud New Member

caroline6391
    When you are looking for an online job make sure you check into the companies background, a quick google can tell you that, and make absolutley sure they have a physical address, also you must have great training and support available otherwise it is extremly hard to get going. You must also have a passion for what you are doing, this is the difference between success and failure. Take Care.