A Path To Online Success

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Gloria Joseph, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Peace4You New Member

This post is brilliant and it is absolutely true you cannot keep jumping from project to project and expect to be successful in them it takes time and a good sense of where the said project is going
  2. Just2EZ Moderator

magnavox: any mentors available?
    The best advice I've heard is:
    "BE the mentor you wish you had."

LEarn from your own questions and share the answers.
    The answers already exist if you know the questions.
    "Seek and ye shall find."
    LEarning how to "seek" is the key.
    Earning comes with LEarning
    There is a BIG difference between LEarning and "being taught".
    If fact some of us(me) are unteachable.
    I have had dozens of mentors I have LEarned from though.
    Literally LEarned, from promoting their books and tapes. (tapes?)
    Guess that dates me.
  3. KeepGoing New Member

There is so much information around internet marketing - overload comes fast.

I am in my second year (still have a day job) and what has kept me going is the fact I paid for only one thing ($60) and it worked (because it was all about using free resources).

It is only recently, now that I have a slight grasp, that am I moving on to trying some paid services.

Stick with the free resources (like this forum) until you acquire a basic grasp of the fundamentals (seo,keyword analysis).

I find I am considerably less depressed when I get bad results with free stuff, than with paid stuff - lol
  4. katereber New Member

talfighel: When I got started, I knew NOTHING. Took me like 4-5 years to figure things out ( Got a good mentor who I truly respect) and when I followed his advice, I started to do well. it did not happen overnight but because I persisted, I made it.

Anyone here can do it too if you don't quit.
    Great post tal, agree with you, quitting is not the solution.. We have to work hard for it to achieve our goals.. We have to listen, learn and apply what we have learned to other people.. Keep on trying.. [IMG]
  5. Jose Roman New Member

Great thread. I also believe all the info can be overwhelming, it is GREAT advice to tell someone to master a couple of ways then move on. You could be learning for months and never do any monetizing.
  6. katereber New Member

Totally yes, good thing good thread has posted on this site..
    We can learn more to success..
    Great ideas and good advice are around here..

Have a great day! [IMG]
  7. emilyathome New Member

That is a great piece of information. I tried to learn EVERYTHING about the company, the site, the catalog, and even the way they shipped their products and all the sales tax for each state but that only lead me to fry my brain and want to quit. Luckily I have a great mentor and a very supportive husband who help me to take it slow and realize I don't need to know everything to be a success I just need to know how to find it if I get stuck.