1. New registrations are temporarily disabled until 10th. Thanks for your co-operation.

Acai Berry Diets and alike

Discussion in 'Diet and Nutrition' started by wazaweb, Oct 22, 2009.

1. wazaweb New Member

Has anyone else had any success or seen any improvement using acai berry products. Or have you tried colon cleansing?

Would love to hear about your experience if you have tried it.

Im promoting a product in my sig of which I have actually tried (feels great) and I have had many people say they really benifited from it.

Your thoughts on it would be great to read.
  2. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Just make sure you are not promoting the acai scam!

The acai berry is a great thing but the scam is NOT.... a friend of mine got her supposedly free trial and then was charged an additional couple hundred bucks before she realized she had not read the fine print... so she had some spendy acai....[IMG]
  3. FreeCashMan Active Member

Is it a scam, if your friend didn't read the fine print?

Regardless the acai berry is a great berry, but all these things these sources using it as a "magic remedy" of sorts often lack substance. In other words, it does what it naturally does, but the berry is being mixed with other things, such as weightloss or colon to give them some flavor. The products themselves are probably, relatively good, but the acai hype has been extemely overrated.

So in your case, cleaning the colon is a good thing but the acai doesn't make it some magic formula, but probably just gives you a better test. Which often isn't a bad thing.

If you want a true "healing" juice then research Frequensea by Forevergreen.
  4. mountainmom5 Gold Member

FreeCashMan: Is it a scam, if your friend didn't read the fine print?
    You have a point but I just think those programs are a scam if the only place they state the fact that there will be automatic shipments within ten days is in the extremely fine print on the checkout page... people think they are getting a free sample but they give their cc to pay the $9.95 shipping and within ten days they are automatically charged for the next shipment which just happens to be like $149.... or at least that is what it was in my friend's case...!

I think if they are for real then details like that will be out in the open.... [IMG]
  5. AshleySullivan New Member

Many people like to blame other people for their lack of due diligence. If the print was there, I doubt it was 'fine'.
  6. TJamMoneyMan Active Member

It's fine print for sure!

The FREE, or ONLY A DOLLAR, is bold print of course!

If they are trying to trick you, it's a scam imho.
    Like cigarettes, despite the disclaimer that they are FORCED to put on the side of the box.
  7. RICH4NURICHE New Member

It's the same tactics the credit card companies use. If it grabs your attention, it's because it is meant to distract you. We do need to use a more thorough look-over of what we get into. Too many don't do that. I agree with some posts, the berry is good, my brazilian friends say there is nothing like the real thing fresh from the forest. Here you will find it mixed with preservatives and other stuff. The only other company that has a good quality acai with pulp and all is zambazon. It's frozen but those temperatures have a negative effect on nutrients. It's still good. My company has it in their products too but not by itself. If your having positive results, stay with it. Testimonials are great to have.
  8. ChristinaM New Member

It's not a scam, it's marketing. What did your friend think it was when she got involved?
  9. Michael Merry New Member

wazaweb: Has anyone else had any success or seen any improvement using acai berry products. Or have you tried colon cleansing? Would love to hear about your experience if you have tried it. Im promoting a product in my sig of which I have actually tried (feels great) and I have had many people say they really benifited from it.
    Acai berry is a healthy food, but little else can be said about it. Unfortunately acai has been promoted, in various forms, as a miracle supplement by profiteers. Marketers of these products make unfounded claims that a?§a?­ and its antioxidant qualities offer a variety of health benefits, none of which is scientifically confirmed. Contrary to these claims, Acai does not have exceptional levels of antioxidants: it has less than Concord grape, blueberry, and black cherry juices, although more than cranberry, orange, and apple juices.
    There is no credible evidence that polyphenols, as dietary antioxidants, have significant benefits for health, nor is there credible evidence that acai promotes weight loss.

How many people are being duped this time, by another health fad?
  10. treevee Member

Acai, Mangosteen, Noni, Goji, etc... are all great superfood fruits that have been in the spotlight for a few years and have made their way in many MLM's and other marketing strategies as of late. There is nothing wrong with them in their natural state. When companies start processing them, there is much nutrients lost. A good method for these to be packaged and sold world-wide is through flash freeze drying (no heat applied) and no chemical preservatives added. Make sure that you read the ingredients to make sure of no chemical additives! (You wouldn't want to be selling a body cleansing product that adds more toxins!)

If the product worked for you that's great! If it pans out not to be a scam, then why not promote it!? Good luck!
  11. ChristinaM New Member

Noni was really popular a few years back but has disappeared from the shelves. Everything seems to come and go...