ACN Inc?

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by youngwby, May 2, 2006.

1. youngwby

youngwby New Member

Hi, My name is Whitney and I am a student at UC Irvine. I'm doing research on ACN inc, the multilevel marketing organization, and I was wondering if there are any former employees out there that would be willing to talk to me. I just really need to get an insiders perspective on what working at ACN was like. I don't really want to make them look like scam artists, but the stories I've been hearing have been pretty bad and I can only report what I know. If you just want to post on the forum, that's fine too, just email me ([email protected]). Again, thank you for participating. I really appreciate anything you guys have to tell me.

-Whitney

2. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

3. kodness

kodness New Member

Hi Whitney I was wondering did you join ACN or decide not to?

4. Zambor

Zambor New Member

somebody gave me the introduction CD today. 1 hour. 58 minutes talking about why joining ACN family. and just 2 minutes speaking about product. In my opinion, there's nothing to sell, just smoke. A other thing that makes me think about. What fucking residual incomes are you going to receive if anyone got ACN??? Calls between ACN customers are free, think about this.... That will radically reduce your incomes... it??s a fucking lie. ACN representant shows you the the piramid structure, you can see the differents levels of it. At every level you receive a percentage of the billing. Every new customer made under your levels is supposed to give more and more incomes to you. But think in something very simple: the system to get customers is with the relational marketing, that means, people you know become your customers. So, in consequence, if everybody you know become ACN customers, and if all of your relatives (friends, family, colleagues, etc) are using ACN, near no billing would be generated, as they all profit of no cost calls. If there??s no cost, there??s no residual incomes as well. No sense so. In my case, living in spain, why should I conect to ACN? no benefit, why? ACN do not have it own network. That mean that you have to use any other network existing to support the ACN??s. You have to pay for this preexisting and needed network. Telefonica in my case. I pay a fixed amount every month, 29,9?‚¬. in this prices, all phonecalls are include, and internet. I just have to pay for outside of spain calls. so, in the case that i would use ACN, I would pay more, why? mandatory 29,9 ?‚¬ ??+ acn call costs, even if there??s not very much. That would mean that I will stop benefiting of my flat rate with telefonica, as i agreed to made phone calls through ACN. So, there??s no question to install it. Just maybe in the case of international costs, but, you know what? In that case it??s better to use what the Acn representative used to call me (lives outside Spain), Skype. yes, she used skype to contact me, not ACN network. So think also on this before joining ACN. Even their representatives uses other systems to contact new people, another reason why you won??t get any incomes from ACN. And for conclusio, think that many customers could stop using acn in the future, that would mean again less incomes, no progressive and geometric progression incomes. SO, A BIG LIE. THE ONLY ONES THAT MAKES BUSINESS ARE THOSE WHO COLECT THE 500?‚¬ FEE + 150?‚¬ PER YEAR. CAUSE YOU DON??T GET ANY PERCENTAGE OF THIS FEE FROM YOUR REPRESENTATIVES UNDER YOU. EVERYTHING GOES FOR TRUMP??S FRIENDS, AND HIM, I DON??T KNOW.....BYE

5. bensd760

bensd760 New Member

I'm a student at UC San Diego. A friend of mine tried to get me involved w/ ACN, but after consulting with my parents before hand, and doing some research afterward, I'm pretty sure it's a scam that takes advantage of the typical "starving student".

6. Bucky

Bucky New Member

ACN is just your typical front loading company. The only way you make money is to recruit, recruit, recruit. You never get any residual income.

If you want to start an MLM business you need to make sure that you make your money off of the product and not just recruiting. The MLM business model works. You just need to find the right product and the right mentor.

Every company in the world is a pyramid scheme, just with MLM, you are in control, not your boss!

7. MktgGold

MktgGold New Member

I'm very familiar whith ACN, I've known many people involved with the program. While ACN is an established and legitimate company, the majority of people don't make any money. It's a traditional style MLM that doesn't provide the training necassary for success and pays miniscule commissions on very inexpensive commodity products. I've had more success with the 1-up and 2-up style compensation plans. You earn a decent commision up front, making it worth your time, plus it creates leveraged income without being multi-level, which is a big turn off to many people. If you like the ACN model, check out their main competitor as well, eStar Network.

8. Bucky

Bucky New Member

I agree that one and two ups are nice, the only problem is making sure you have a mentor who will help you.

I am involved with a two up program too, but I made sure that I was financially tied to my mentor through another program too!

This gets the best of both worlds, you have the advantages of the two up program and you are ensured that your mentor will train you to the best of their abilities.

With ACN it really seems that you make most of your money recruiting, so whoever signs you up is not really going to help you very much. They just want their recruiting bonus and are off to find the next person.

There are great ways to make money online, but for the newbie, the most important part is finding someone to show you the ropes, the product is secondary to that in my mind.

9. clendon

clendon New Member

I guess the main reason I prefer the 2Up programs is that they are not MLM's. The concept just doesn't work there. With the 2Up program you get paid a commission right away when you sponsor someone and then receive the the commission for their first two sales - then it is goodbye. They have no further obligation to you after that point.

However, as Bucky says, make sure your sponsor is someone who will work with you and help you get your independant status.

Ron
    The Piedmont Group

10. ACN_Freedom

ACN_Freedom New Member

You guys are all wrong about ACN you keep saying that its free to call acn to acn how are you gonna make any money. Duh, you have to pay for the phone service to begin with in order to make the call to another acn customer. while you are right about the residual income taking a while to kick in thats why there bonus structure is in place to ensure that those that are treating it as a business make money while the residuals build.

11. TopMentor

TopMentor New Member

The ACN MLM is a tough company to have success with. They market everyday products like internet services, digital phone etc.

The problem with this is that it is such a competitive market. Nobody cares who their long distance carrier is... it's all about price.
    That's why the ACN compensation plan pays out such a small percentage (about 20%) of every dollar spent on their services.

ACN is not a scam, but be prepared to get 150-300 or so people in your group just to make a $1000/month income.

Brian

12. ACN_Freedom

ACN_Freedom New Member

ACN is about market leveraging. Yes, the market is competitive but you answered the question for everyone when you said "noone cares who their provider is they just care about price" ACN beats every global service provider there is in price, customer service and features. Thats the beauty of it. We SAVE people money on the telecommunications services they already have with their current providers.

13. markmoney

markmoney New Member

[​IMG] ACN ONLY OFFERS AN OPPORTUNITY TO THOESE WHO ARE CAPABLE OF CARRYING THEMSELFS THRU EACH DAY AND NOT HAVE TO BE BABIED AND BREAST FED JUST TO GET A CHECK! C'MON PEOPLE, ITS NOT THE 499 AND 150 THAT SCARES YOU, ITS THE HARD WORK! IF IT WAS EASY THEN EVERYBODY WOULD BE RICH! IT WAS MADE TO WEED OUT THE FLAKES LIKE ALL OF YOU WHO AFTER QUITTING STIL CRY ABOUT IT! THE SECRECT WAS IN EFFECT BEFOR ACN'S TIME, SO BE NEGATIVE AND THATS ALL YOU'LL GET IF YOU HAVENT ALREADY NOTICED. WELL WHEN I'M BALLIN OUT OF CONTROL AND INVEST INTO MY OWN RECORD COMPANY, I'M SURE YOU'LL BE LISTENING TO MY EVERY WORD AND PLEASE BELIEVE I'LL ALWAYS TAKING IN HATORS AND ALL!!!! WISH YOU ALL THE BEST OF LUCK CUZ YOUR GOING TO NEED IT WITH WORK ETHICS AND ATTITUDES LIKE THAT! WANNA TALK LIKE GROWN UPS? THEN E-MAIL ME AT [email protected] BUT I REALLY DONT CARE FOR THE NEGATIVITY

14. Casper

Casper New Member

Quoting: MktgGoldWhile ACN is an established and legitimate company, the majority of people don't make any money There has been questions raised about ACN's legitimacy here in Australia, The ACCC took them too court because they were seen too be a pyramid like scheme. They were found not guilty of the charges but the ACCC appealed the ruling but lost.

I have even read on another forum that reps in Europe were going to jail because they were holding pyramid scheme like meetings, I was thinking about joining ACN but this news has sent me one clear message & that is too stay away from them.

15. opendomain

opendomain New Member

I was once a member of ACN and it makes perfect sense to me. I stopped only because in arizona/phoenix long distance wasn't really a market I saw worth getting into. HOWEVER I joined because at the time Arizona was to deregulate its utility companys and ACN was poised to tap into that market. I have a friend of the family that lives in California(went to loyola Marymount) was doing well for himself in the animation industry and is now working as a full time ACN rep. The market is definately there in places where 1. you have many area codes and long distance is something everyone has to pay for. I mean if you can't get your family members to sign up for something they are already paying for at the same price then say goodbye to any type of sales job.

i agree the internet and cd not being of any real value you can get AOL for or netzero for the same, but like I said, at least here in the US if you live in a market (California) where they offer utility services you'd almost be crazy not to sign up.

I am not an ACN rep, I know one, but don't have his contact info. My unbiased oppinion is that it is a good company if you meet good people. From the experiances I had with the people they were all pretty upstanding. The coaching was phenominal, i still use some of the sales tactics I learned from them when dealing with people now.

IF you live in an area where there are no utility services offered through ACN, and Long distance isn't much of a market then don't join, if you join in one of these markets then any money you'll make will be made off of signing other people up(Pyramid scheme IMHO) but if the services are there then go for it.

Thus ends my 2 cents.

GetPaidOnACN likes this.
  16. ACN Nam

ACN Nam New Member

Network Marketing is the greatest form of free enterprise for the vast majority. Too bad many people are misinformed about Network Marketing. Most people join the industry as a way to "get rich quick." That's why they fail! Stop complaining about how hard Network Marketing is...being broke is even harder! People I work with make over $500,000 a year and it only costed them ~$500 to get started (about the same as the cost of a (1) college book). Who's the smart one now? Most college grads don't even make $100,000 a year.

Recruiting is the only way any successful business or organization succeeds. Every school, government, sports organization, church and other entities have to recruit. If you have a job, you were recruited whether voluntarily or not. ACN did not become a half a billion dollar company by sitting around complaining. They went out there and marketed for reps and customers.

Talking about scams...learn the facts! Tim Sales wrote an interesting email a few months back showing where people lost money in the year 2001.

Pyramid Schemes (Not Network Marketing) - ~$54 Million
    Lottery - ~$100 Billion
    Gambling - ~$1 Trillion
    Stock Market - ~$9 Trillion - that's $9,000,000,000,000

If you depend on the lottery, gambling, stock market, and a job to give you security...then shut up about Network Marketing already.

GetPaidOnACN likes this.
  17. JDavis

JDavis New Member

I have been in the business for about 4 months now. I was sick with mono for two and a half months took them off, but so far I have had some nice success. I worked the business for about a month and a half only but I made a $500 profit my first month with the bonus incentive for September. I made my $500 fee back + another $500 within 30 days with about 15 hours of work.

I can see how people might get a bad image of the business. Some people will pay the $500 fee, then do nothing, then complain that it doesn't work. I'm not joking, my first person I brought into the business had a girl who paid the $500, next day she called her grandparents asking if they could help her out and try ACN long distance, they said sure, it worked fine for them(they are still using it too).

The day after that she just fell off the face of the earth. I finally got ahold of her a couple weeks later and she said the business doesn't work. She went to one meeting, paid $500, worked at it for 10 minutes, then quit. Do you think people like her should be allowed to even voice their opinions about network marketing? I sure don't.

If you bought some waterskiis, got up on your first try, then quit, that just shows there is something wrong you you, not waterskiing. Don't go saying that waterskiing is horrible and it doesn't work...

Ask me any other questions about ACN, I'll try to answer them with what knowledge I have from the short time I've been involved.

ps. The residual income is there, but it takes a while to build. The T-CABs are there so you can make money while your residual builds up, but in the end, residual income is where it is at. If you don't join a MLM company, try to find another source of residual income because it truly is amazing.

GetPaidOnACN likes this.
  18. JDavis

JDavis New Member

ACN has also improved itself just while I have been there. They have increased the residual payout %'s, made it easier to move through the positions, and also have some really cool new products/services. There is a big one I am reallllllly excited about that is coming out soon but I don't think I'm allowed to say what it is yet (think other areas of communication [​IMG] )

GetPaidOnACN likes this.
  19. parisstreet

parisstreet New Member

Silly, You have to pay a monthly fee to get free moble to moble. This is where you get paid residuals. Plus any overage fees. You missed it. Go to azpoint.com to find out more.

20. ACN INC IS SCAM

ACN INC IS SCAM New Member

Stay away from acn inc. It is a scam!! It works like a pyramid! Once they get your $499 they do not want to know you anymore. Per their agreement you have 10 business days to cancel. Well guess what i am still waiting for my refund since 2007. When you call their main office they tell you you have to get the refund from the rep. Of course rep doesnt answer phone or return calls. Please beware of heath falzarano from ny. He doesnt refund money or take calls once you sign up..He just disapppeared. But its ok cause my lawyer will find him!!!

[Post edited - Admin]