Adam's Advantage

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by ateamfuntimer, Sep 19, 2007.

1. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

A LEAD IS A LEAD IS A LEAD

How many times in your Coastal career have you heard this. I love the many companies that are out there that supply leads. They are necessary for many of us. To be honest they helped me grow my business in the very beginning. I owe them a debt of gratitude for that. But as time went on I learned a few lessons. First off a lead is a lead is a lead. It's only as good as the person working it. Let's be realistic here. Who doesnt like travel? And who doesnt like it at discount prices. So then this business really has to be looked at as a numbers game. You need as many leads as you can get for your budget.

Now there are so many lead providers out there and you can get inexpensive leads from many of them. I learned another lesson. How do these providers create leads. HMMM. They make capture or squeeze pages. Now alot has been talked about in the forum and this thread as well about where to get a capture page and what to pay for it. It's not really as much about the page itself but rather where you put it. This is a point many miss. I create capture pages myself and actually have a business of doing so. My prices are about half of what it cost to buy say a package of CEM Movie leads. Now to be honest thats a steal. But it doesnt matter how good my page is if you dont put it in the right place. You cant fish in the desert now can you?

As business owners we must begin to think as business owners. So many of us have gotten into this system mentality and have lost ourselves. Now dont get me wrong im all for systems. But im also for cutting my cost. If I can create my own page ( or if you dont know how to create one buy it from someone) and put it in the right places so I can generate my own leads. These leads are the least expensive and better yet they are the most qualified as they were looking for me.

Now before you go buying capture pages and stop buying leads from the providers lets make a few points. It make take some time to learn where to put your capture page and you might not have as many leads on hand right in the beginning until you get a good system running. So I suggest not just changing right away. Integrate it into your plan. This is a suggestion. Keep your same budget that you have for leads and buy less expensive ones leaving you a little money left over. You might even get a greater quantity of leads. Then take some of the money you are saving and buy or create a capture page. Start testing the market. I will assure you alot of the top leaders and income earners have their own capture pages. For example I know most of you have heard of Jay Napier as he post in the forum as a preferred member. Well when I started my research on my own internet marketing for Coastal over 2 years ago every time I did a search I found his name. Well he makes a great living in Coastal. You all have seen him post his about his numbers constantly in the forum. People searching for Coastal find him. How many sales would you make if people were looking for YOU? Think about that.

My suggestion is to look at how you are treating your leads. Are you getting enough to really fill your pipeline. Lets think if you have a closing percentage of 10% and you talk to 100 people that is at least $10000. Now what if you talked to 1000 people? You see my point. I say that you need to see Coastal as a numbers game. Cmon folks we talk about duplication all the time. Treat your leads the same way.

I hope that again this post gives at least one person some help in growing their business. As leaders we all have a bunch to share with each other and I plan on continuing to do my part. I wish you all the best in the days ahead. Let's talk soon.

Adam Frederick
    Marketing Coach
    Coastal Vacations Level III Director
    302 476 2753
  2. jnapier

jnapier New Member

A lead is a Lead is a lead...I agree, but how do you qualify a good lead from a bad one??

That is the question...here's how I do it.

1) Are the phone numbers and info correct for at least 98% of the leads?

2) When you call the lead, can you have a decent conversation with most of them?

I get companies who want me to use them and refer them to my team on a weekly basis. I always ask for samples and I always distribute them between my key members. We then get together and make a decision.

Since I've put in over 19 years into this industry I understand what it takes to be successful...I've saved a fortune by taking a wait n see approach to many thing that come my way.

I love that we can all get together here virtually at the Coastal Water Cooler and share stories of what works and what doesn't work. I took a sales job in telecommunication several years ago and I instantly befriended the top guy in our office. I learned what he did to make it big in our office. I then put them into practice one by one.

Take what you can from this forum, apply it and remember....my business started when I attended my first Coastal Seminar. I look forward to meeting you at the next event in Orlando in March ( dates to be announced soon).

Jay NaPier
    Platinum Director
    Coastal Vacations
  3. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

ADVERTISING IN CLASSIFIEDS

This is a point of contention among many Coastal leaders and has even been a point of debate in the forum in another thread. I wish to give my thoughts on it. Now as you read this entire thread you will see that many have different ideas than I do. Now as a new member , a seasoned member or someone looking at Coastal dont take these differences of opinion the wrong way. For many as you see one successful director say one thing and then another say something different you might get confused. Dont be. Understand this is your business and you can run it the way you see fit. My ideas have worked for me. I would never say my way is better or try and discredit another director. We are all in the same business remember. We all market the same product but remember that we are our own CEO's. We decide what works best for us. My goal is to encourage all of the successful directors to share there thoughts.

For all of my time in Coastal I have shared my ideas and have asked many of the other directors to do the same. Some have but most havent. Just as I have created this thread any director would be smart to create their own thread and express their thoughts and ideas. That is what a leader does. They lead people by example. So listen in as I continue to do what I do best which is to share my thoughts, experiences and opinions on how to make Coastal work for you.

Ok down to the nitty gritty. Im one for throwing out a large net. Back in 2001 I moved to Delaware and became involved in the music industry. No I cant sing or dance or rap ( well I actually can dance) but rather I was in the management area. I managed a few groups and had a very talented artist that actually did some work with a few big name R+B talents from the Philly area. I learned alot in my experience and what I learned the most about was distribution. You see one of the reasons to sign a record contract with a major label is because they have national distribution. That national distribution gets you in front of more people and in business thats a good thing. Think of American Idol. All of the participants that get through the auditions are excellent talents and were excellent talents b4 American Idol but being on the show gives them national attention. I see advertising in the same way.

When you can put out classifieds in whatever outlet it gives you more places to be seen. Many think going to post in a free classified is a waste of resources. I disagree. I will say that maybe the percentages wont be the best but what do you have to lose by posting it there. Remember its free. Lets just say for arguments sake someone see it and wants to buy a package, at the very least thats a $1000 you just made. Thats for a free ad. Pretty good return on investment I think.

I think that your net should be huge. You should place ads in as many forums as you can. This is a numbers game. It always will be. Understand we have something everyone loves at an incredible price. The one thing ive learned from truly wealthy people is they always look for a deal. I used to be a bank manager and could never understand why we used to waive overdraft fee's for the big customers but the little guy always got hit with them. The ones that had money always were looking for a better deal. Then I thought hmmm many thats why they are wealthy. Try this. Think of a car you want and make the money to buy it in cash here in Coastal. Then take that money and go to the dealership and take for arguments sake 20% off the sticker pirce. Tell the salesperson you want the car at you price. When they look at you funny open your bag and show them the cashiers check. I bet they wont let you leave the office.

Now the real issue isnt where you post but what you post. You can be in the right place all the time but have to be prepared to be successful. This is another reason I say you place free ads. Now many of you might be great ad copy writers. If you are then go post asap or better yet share some ad's with us all. But many of us arent. So why not practice on the free stuff. Think of it, when you teach your kids to drive do you take them in your brand new car? Or course not, you teach them on one not as new. Why? So that if they make mistakes it doesnt cost as much. Hello. Do you see the symmetry?

I also suggest not putting all of your eggs in one basket either. When I started in Coastal I was taught to buy leads as my only source of advertising. Now before I got on the CSG Leadership I was exploring other options but got sidetracked with all of my obligations. I think we do our teammates a disservice by not teaching them more than one way of advertising. When we invest in stock we diversify so why dont we follow suit in our Coastal business?

Learn many ways to advertise and include classified ads in it, free or paid. Just dont make one way an obsession. There is a season for everything. Learn to plant seeds in many gardens and your harvest will be abundant.

Whatever you believe in, the universe has a way of making things right so always put out good stuff and that is what will come back to you. In kindergarten the first thing they teach us to do is share. Remember all the kids from all walks of life all get along so lets take that as an example and share ideas so we all win with Coastal.

Adam Frederick
    Coastal Level III Director
  4. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: ateamfuntimerI think we do our teammates a disservice by not teaching them more than one way of advertising.

Very well said Adam. We has so many options and one of the reasons one size does not fit all is because you have different options in your area than I do in mine.

I suggest 6-12 reaching out methods withing the first 2-6 months depending on the person. The new team member must be proactive and will have options for work well in their area.

Classified advertising is very inexpensive, but you've got to be willing to learn from the process. Personally - I avoid all the biz opp magazines for classified ads as they generally don't pull in who I'm looking for.

Jay NaPier
  5. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

CAN SOCIAL NETWORKS WORK FOR ME

Social networks are the new wave. It seems everyday I get an offer to join one. I think they are a great source to generate leads and then turn those leads into business. You see our industry is one where anyplace there are a group of people we have a good lead source. So what makes these places work for us?

The first thing I see as an advantage of the social networks is the free component. Now many do have options that you can pay for but I havent joined many under that option. Now for many you can go that route but as im part of probably a dozen of them its better I just do what I call a hit and run. See on these forums you have your own page where you can talk about yourself as well as advertise what you do. They also have classifieds as well as blogs and groups you can join and put post and good content. They also have IM features as well. With those private reply options as well as all the other features I can network with just about anyone. With me being part of so many I hit them all make my post of good content and then im off to the next.

Now because our Coastal business can be a compliment to anyones business for advertising you can talk to anyone about it. In addition I bet all of these prospects love to travel. And when they travel of course they want to do so on a discounted rate. These are FREE leads. Yes free leads.

One of the pitfalls of these networks though is you will be approached by a multitude of other businesses that are trying to recruit you. Dont look at this as a bad thing but rather as a way to learn a bunch. What do you learn you ask? First off you get to see various techniques others use to talk to prospects. Next you have a captive audience to promote to and practice on. You cant lose what you dont have is my motto. So try your best with these prospects. I teach my new team members to ask the person to evaluate them. They can get some great tips that way.

Now another pitfall of the social networks is they are social. I cant tell you how many times ive been approached to be someones love interest. I guess it's just my great looks but yes this will happen. There are many automated "bots" that will ask you to be their friend. If you can navigate through them then you are ok. And if you are single hey maybe you might meet someone. The internet is a great place to meet people. Ive met all of you here and I even met my lovely wife courtesy of Yahoo.

Social networks are a great place to add leads to your pipeline and to increase your presence on the web. I use them to met leaders of other organizations as well as put great content on the web. If you write good content people will follow.

I look forward to seeing you all on the networks and if you are looking for a few goods ones to join then get in touch with me and ill suggest a few.

Adam Frederick
  6. goldmills

goldmills New Member

Vishal, a blog will have no advertising on it, just you. That is a better chance for success. Here I can post and google can take me to a competitor. I would post HERE AND in a blog, have double duty.
  7. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: ateamfuntimerOne of the pitfalls of these networks though is you will be approached by a multitude of other businesses that are trying to recruit you.

I'm amazed at how many feel they can market in social networks and make big money. I've been doing social networking for some time now, but you've got to remember.....whos' your target?

As mentioned, a social network has ALOT of folks who are already involved in a business...so you can learn from them and become friends with them as I have with alot of great people, BUT they sell their business and I'm selling mine. When you have alot of people marketing to a few ( which is how I see MySpace and other networks...it's not the best option).

I have over 16,000 hits to my Ryze page www dot ryze dot com/go/JayNaPier .I've been a member since 2003 and I can account for 1 Level 1 membership sales as a result of advertising and being on this system. It's a great system to network, but REMEMBER....It's socal Networking, not Social Sales.

Jay NaPier
    Platinum Director
    Coastal Vacations
  8. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

SOCIAL NETWORKS + FORUMS

Why should you post on a social network or a forum? This has been a question of mine for a long time. When I got started in Coastal Vacations I had a goal of using these free methods to build my business. The reasons were simple. First off they were free. The next reason was it was something I knew all my teammates could afford and duplicate. I also saw many of the big earners in Coastal doing it. Now when I started in Coastal I was given the honor of being asked to the CSG Leadership and with all the obligations my focus turned away from these forums.

Now as I was on the CSG Leadership I did reach out to other high income earners to ask them their secrets on how they became successful. Unfortunately some never shared. I did see them on the social networks and the forum though. They are still on those outlets. I look at it this way, if it works for them then I should be doing it as well. The social networks are a great place to meet other business owners. We have talked extensively in this forum about how businesses can use our package as incentives for their programs. How about if they have a $50 a month opportunity and are offering a cruise to whoever joins. Thats a no brainer. I bet their memberships would go up. Not to mention our product is the best on the market and with travel being a 7 trillion dollar industry they probably travel already. Yes it is a social setting but travel is universal. If I got 1000's of hits on my page I would convert them to at least retail sales. In fact in the last few months since ive started doing that I have closed deals. Ive also talked to directors on this forum that have closed deals from here. I know personally of Harold making sales from here and many of the people that I have approached after they stated they are looking at Coastal have told me that Jay has already contacted them. These social networks and forums do work. In addition they come up high on the search engines. Ive tried to figure out SEO myself and it seems like super advanced space technology to me. But I know that Ryze and this forum and post I make here come up high. Thats all I needed to know.

Now the one thing that will happen when you post on the social networks is you will have you people not happy with it. You have to have a thick skin. It seems as you post and give out good content you will have those that will try and distract you and change the focus of the threads you make. It might be they see you as a threat or maybe they are insecure or want what you have. Understand as you post there will be those that will disagree but stick to your guns. Continue to share good content. Never expect anyone to totally agree with you at all. I never do. But what I do is exactly what I started when I got on the CSG Leadership. That is to share for all new people. So they dont have the obstacles I have.

On these networks we wrongly put the emphasis on ourselves and what we have accomplished. Thats all well and good that you make "x" sales a week but what does that do for the prospect. Just because you or I did it doesnt mean they will. I always state I made 10k in our first 7 weeks and thats as an encouragement to new people. When they start one of the first questions is how quickly can I make money? My story talks right to that. Understand whatever director you pick they have a great system in place and to be honest this package sells itself. Lets focus on sharing info so that the new people benefit. If they approach the social networks and forums the correct way they could be a windfall. Remember its free advertising.

I appreciate the fact that so many of you are paying attention to this thread and I will continue to share my thoughts, opinions and experiences about Coastal. This forum has been great to me as well as many other. I have closed deals from people that read this info. Remember there are many that post here but many many more that read it and are looking for those of us willing to share our knowledge. So again I applaud all that share their info and make this forum a success.

In closing if you are talking to someone about Coastal then follow their lead and look over their website , write down your questions and contact them asap so you can get started and make more than 10k in your first 7 weeks.

Adam Frederick
    866 500 3418
  9. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

B2B ADVERTISING

This is one of those subjects that will be sure to create alot of opinions. I do want to point out that the views expressed here are those of the writer and not necessarily those of the other posters in the forum. LOL that sounds like something you hear before a TV show. Im going to go over how I do B2B advertising and it might be different than what you have been taught or what might be the going trend but as your own business owner take what works for you and just apply it.

B2B advertising is a great market. Every business can use our product in some manner but the trick is showing them how it works for them. For myself that means I have to do research. Now research can be done or classified in a variety of ways. Maybe the store owner is a good friend or someone you know in your town , it might be a big wig at a major corporation or might be someone you dont know. No matter who they are there are things you should be aware of. I have stated b4 that if you can sell one thing you can sell anything and I stand by that statement for a few reasons. People buy for two major reasons. They are PAIN or PLEASURE. Pain and pleasure are deep human emotions and as we are all selling to humans if you begin to understand these factors selling will become easy.

Let's take pain first. It is important to recognize the pain in any "selling situation" and address it. It might be the pain of not getting enough customers and losing business to a competitor. It might be the pain of a certain piece of merchandise not selling at the rate it was expected. Your job and research is to find that pain. If you can show the business owner how to alleviate that pain you have a good shot of closing a deal. I say a good shot because even if you address the pain your solution might not be the best option. I think that with our Coastal Package though you can handle most pain situations and have a good option for the client. Let me give you a real world B2B example.

Customer appreciation days are very good ways to get your foot in the door. They are inexpensive for you and will give you a ton of leads as well as prove to the client that this package works and is a good fit for them. You can very easily set one up. Offer say a carnival cruise to the owner. They can use if to run the appreciation day. Ive done this many times and it always works. Let's take a pizza chain. I mention them as most of the managers have incentives tied into how well the store does and most have some authority on their own stores. Offer a special that everyone that orders a large pizza and whatever other product the manager wants to move get entered into a drawing to win the cruise. Create a sign in sheet or some way of keeping track of the people entering. You can make this as easy or as elaborate as you like. The goal is to get names, email addresses and telephone numbers. After the special is over you should have ton's of leads. The store should have also gained a nice buzz about the promotion. Many stores already send out flyers so have them incorporate the promotion in their advertising. Now the manager should be pleased with the extra business and you have a fresh batch of leads to now offer a vacation voucher for looking at your travel package. I usually call them all and say that they didnt win but as a consolation prize we are offering them a choice of a few vacations for just looking at our travel package. Go into your prospecting retail script at that time and get them to your site. As they manager see's the buzz these promotions bring it's easier to show tham how buying a Coastal Package will benefit them. Worst case scenario is you have a ton of leads. Now the pain of competing with their competitors for business has been alleviated and you brought the solution.

How about a situation for pleasure. Employee appreciation day is just as simple Companies spend lots of money on incentives for their employees. Suggest a contest where all the employees work towards hitting a goal for the company. Then offer a few prizes for the best department or team, the best individual player and maybe if the company if big enough the best manager. Again everyone enters the contest and you get all of the info ( always ask the best method to the involved parties) so you can give a consolation prize to all that work towards the goal. When the boss sees the increase in morale and increased productivity they will see the need for the Coastal Package. Again the worst case scenario is free advertising and leads for you.

The key to both of these is to just get in front of businesses. For myself I use my Coastal Incentives site alot. If you dont have a site in your business I suggest figuring out how to get something in place. Whether its outsourcing to a web designer or even making a free one yourself online its a good investment if you want to do B2B. I had a big problem back when I was part of one group and didnt have a site to show business owners. If you like create material to leave behind explaining your program. You can make this as easy or as elaborate as you like. Remember this is your business and their is no WRONG WAY. I just say always come across as professional and sure of your product. When you can give these promotions away for free to a business it goes a long way and you have nothing to lose if you set it up right ( by right I mean so that you can get names and numbers that you now have as retail leads).

B2B is a good place to make a ton of money in Coastal Vacations. Remember businesses and I mean all business can fit into needing our package for three reasons.

Reason 1
    Most companies are looking for new customers. Giving away a chance to win something helps drive traffic to their doors.

Reason 2
    Most companies like to keep their existing customers. Giving back to their customer base keeps them loyal so businesses love to have something to give back.

Reason 3
    Most companies have employees they like to retain. Giving incentives for a job well done increases morale and lowers turnover.

Get out in your community and start doing some B2B if that tickles your fancy. It can translate into an every flowing stream of customers for your business.

Adam Frederick
    Marketing Coach
    866 500 3418
  10. matiasmommy

matiasmommy New Member

Quoting: goldmillsVishal, a blog will have no advertising on it, just you. That is a better chance for success. Here I can post and google can take me to a competitor. I would post HERE AND in a blog, have double duty.

Jeff- I see your point, but I think the point Vishal was trying to make was of the dangers of duplicate content.

I think your idea IS absolutely correct- but were I to both blog and post (hang on, I just started my own onsite blog too!! WOO HOO!) I would be very sure not to c&p content- particularly from a well ranked forum and especially if it were on the forum first (and considered to be "original" to that site).

Just my .02!

Great thread! Lots of information here, though like Jay- I can't agree with all the suggestions. But different things work for different people- in all things- including advertising. The point is to figure out what works the best for YOU.

In my experience- advertising is best when you have several different sources. Its true, one should be a smart business person and never have their eggs all in one basket! BUT- it is not a simple nor easy skill to master- so I say- make sure you have some advertising from experts and then do your own thing as well (as Adam correctly suggested). MOST importantly- track your numbers and keep records of what you are doing when. Observe, adjust- track, track, track. Experiment- find out what works best for YOU! In my experience, that is where most advertising campaigns fall down- both in small and large business. Everyone focuses on the art, the copy, where the target market is yada yada- very, very FEW actually track to see if it is effective of not. RESULTS is what we want- not the flashiest ad in the most high exposure spot! By law of numbers the best ad in a high traffic area SHOULD pull the best results- but HERE is the THING- often, that is not at ALL the case. Sometimes you change one word or something equally simple and BOOM- your numbers change dramatically.

Why? because, because, because. Frankly- often we will NEVER know. BUT- the point I am making here is track your numbers and constantly "tweak" because you want to know what works and what doesn't AND how to make it better and better to get better returns on the same efforts. Right? Same time, more results. Most people like that idea- so use your brain to track and pay attention!

Vishal is also absolutely correct- having a blog or a website is both very time consuming and if done WELL- very often expensive. The learning curve in advertising is MUCH steeper then the learning curve in just starting your business- so again- start with an established SYSTEM and follow your directors lead. Its a "no brainer" that you don't really have a business if you don't have customers- and YUP you need some kind of advertising for that.

I'm SO GRATEFUL that in our business we have professional tools and resources. No making a list of 200 of your closest family of friends (aka your circle of influence) here unless you actually like being uncomfortable or unpopular! YUP- I tried some of those "other business opportunities" too before I got started!

Learn all that you can- get accurate information! (easier said then done- even the experts in advertising often contradict and disagree). When you have extra time and money- use that knew knowledge to start experimenting. BUT- always remember to track your numbers! Know both where your ads are AND experiment with different copy.

I wish there was a "magic" tool or book or pill or something that I could just give everyone to figure out the marketing piece. In my best estimation- the best thing you can do is be YOURSELF. At the end of the day- in all things (including Coastal) what you are really, truly bringing to market at the end of the day is YOU!

Jani
  11. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

I am almost all the way through my 5 weeks of Adam's Advantage. This has been a great great time. The discussions have been lively and many directors have stated so many points on this very thread. This was the reason behind starting this. As a LEADER my goal has always been to share my thoughts, opinions and experiences about Coastal Vacations. Many times they wont be what others would do and thats the beauty of this business. Of course as people read this they will have this to say or that to say and try to show their way of doing things. That is great. My goal was to spark conversation and teach new members what ive learned. By no means am I ever saying my way is best but rather this is what works for me.

As a business owner you have to take in the information and then apply what you can use. Maybe you pick up advertising from this director , a script from that director and closing techniques from another. Thats the beauty. We are all different but all have the same goal. Thats to market this great Coastal Package.

I have a CHALLENGE for all of the LEADERS out there. Many of us post alot on here. That means it is a part of your weekly and sometimes daily routine. I challenge you to be like me and have the courage to step out and create a thread. Something that shows what you have to offer to the group. We have so many talented people on here but we all seem to cluster in the same place and piggyback on each other. Now I encourage feedback on my post as it only makes me better but wouldnt we better serve the entire group by putting out our own content.

As many look to see which director to chose, when you become a leader and stand alone with what you believe in, the masses will follow. Look at all of the views on this thread. It up to about 800 or so now. Thats because im willing to lead. So I challenge all the leaders on here to do just that. Lead the discussions. You all know me and my reputation. Im never afraid to stand up and share.

The law of attraction is well known to many of us. Well you know what I attract these days is information. The reason I do is that I share it so willingly. I get emails all the time with tips and strategies because I was willing to share.

WHAT ARE YOU ALL WILLING TO SHARE?

The final week of my posting on my outline in Adam's Advantage will begin on Monday. I look forward to seeing you all then.

Adam Frederick
    LEADER
    866 500 3418
  12. matiasmommy

matiasmommy New Member

Hi Adam!

Right now, as it happens I am working on a major project that will be a free 16 week teleclass starting in the New Year.

I'm right now doing research and putting it all together- but I would certainly welcome anyone on this forum and at work-at-home in general to come!

It will be actually based on original works that grandfathered (so to speak) the current personal development field- so my intention there is to really provide people with a thought provoking lecture and discussion series that will help them get off to a great start and INSPIRED for the New Year!

So, its really applicable to people not only in the coastal business, or even any business- its meant to benefit anyone that has an interest in improving themselves in 2008!

You know- 2008: look, feel and BE GREAT!

Its a huge project- I'm sure you can imagine the tons of information I am distilling!

I just set up my on-site blog- and I am going to post about that series soon! I will certainly be welcoming my blog subscribers to it via email (wow- up for less then 24 hours with just one post and I'm already getting some wonderful emails from people! I love it!!! I can't believe I waited so long- really guys- if you have a creative and quirky side- get one started! They are indeed hard to promote, but very rewarding!), but if anyone out here is interested- just let me know and provide me with your email info so I can let you know the dates and call in details as well as provide you with the support materials. I am aiming to be done all the set up and groundwork by December 1st.

As for topics around here--- hmm, I will have to give a think and figure out what of value I can contribute that is truly original and not been discussed to death already!

Jani
  13. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: matiasmommyits really applicable to people not only in the coastal business, or even any business- its meant to benefit anyone that has an interest in improving themselves in 2008!

Awsome, Congrats Jani...Two years ago I started doing a first of year training with my team. A goals training designed to really break down their goals.

I'm working on a project a the moment that will take my 19 years of experience and make it into a training product that will allow my team members to benefit from more of the expirence I have. I've just completed a recording studio in my home.

Jay NaPier
  14. matiasmommy

matiasmommy New Member

Quoting: jnapierI'm working on a project a the moment that will take my 19 years of experience and make it into a training product that will allow my team members to benefit from more of the expirence I have. I've just completed a recording studio in my home.

A recording studio? How cool is THAT!! lol- not one of my desires, mind you- I'm just totally excited about the recent turning of my "mudroom" in to a "tackroom"- so that my saddle will be warm in february before I put it on my horse! He won't get a cold back and I won't have a cold tush. Different strokes for different folks, you know! I'll bet your young daughter will think of many fun and creative uses in the next few years for that space though!

You know- its great to see that we all have experiences and different backgrounds to contribute to CV. That is truly the beauty of it- anyone, regardless of background, knowledge or experience CAN be successful! Would you not consider making that product available to all members?

Cheers

Jani
  15. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: matiasmommyWould you not consider making that product available to all members?

It really goes against my belief that there are way too many Coastal people selling stuff to Coastal people. I've been interviewed twice on the Monday Night calls and there are some new things coming our way in the future.

Jay NaPier
  16. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

This is the last week in my 5 week installment mini training. It has been a great run. There have been so many of you that have supported this thread with your viewing and I truly appreciate it. Of course there are many differences of opinions on how to do things. That will happen in any discussion. So stayed tuned as we close this week out with more great tips and strategies. Remember that these are my thoughts , opinions and experiences. Agree or disagree is up to you but if they help im glad I was able to share.

OUTSOURCING

What is outsourcing? The American Heritage Dictionary defines it this way.
    1- To send out (work, for example) to an outside provider or manufacturer in order to cut costs

That about sums it up. Well what jobs or tasks do we have in Coastal that can be outsourced?

1- Calls
    2- Internet Marketing stuff
    3- Auto-Responders
    4- Advertising
    5- Websites

There are a bunch of others that I could list but this week I will talk at leangth at some of the things you can outsource and the pro's and cons of doing so.

Adam Frederick

P.S.- Yeah I know it was short but believe you me the rest of the week will be juicy.
  17. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Funny you should mention Outsourcing on the day that Jeff Mills announces that he'll be InSourcing more of his business.

Well, here's what I outsource in order of importance:

1) Accounting/ Taxes
    2) Autoresponders and the like - I use official tools
    3) Advertising

I do most of my business myself. This is a simple business and WAY too many want to make things tough by doing "busy work". I remember the day a coach I'd hired suggested I hire an assistance. I thought...WHY?? I've got all the time I want and could use a few more things to do.

Either way.....I believe we do what we do best and outsource the rest....but know that our outsourcing option might not be the best option.

Jay NaPier
    Platinum Director
    Coastal Vacations
  18. matiasmommy

matiasmommy New Member

Quoting: jnapierIt really goes against my belief that there are way too many Coastal people selling stuff to Coastal people.

I agree- you don't have to charge for it necessarily if you feel that way though. Thats one of the beautys of running your own business- you can do (mostly) WHATEVER you want!

Accountants- absolutey- NEVER try to do your own taxes. Unless, of course you happen to be a tax accountant. A good accountant is worth their weight in GOLD. I can't tell you how much I saved on my taxes this past year!

But- you are right, outsourcing can have pitfalls and not always be the very best thing for your business if the "outsourcer" is not doing the job up to YOUR standards- it is important as a business owner to at least have a general working knowledge of the areas that you are outsourcing. Just so you know if the agent/cy you have hired is actually DOING the job you hired them for and doing it well!

Cheers all!

Jani
  19. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

OUTSOURCING

This is a very tricky subject. It is important to really think through what you want to outsource as you are giving "control" of a part of your business to someone other than yourself. Now as we look at what we should outsource there are in my thoughts several obvious choices. In the next days starting today im going to go into detail about about what they are and how to outsource them.

The first thing I outsource is the explaining of our product. Let me explain that so everyone understands what I mean fully. Imagine if you went to a car dealer and the salesman explained every nuance of the car you were buying. First off they would be hard pressed to do so and would probably have trouble remembering everything. They would probably make a bunch of mistakes as well. Secondly alot of what they were saying wouldnt make sense to you and you wouldnt be interested. So why do so many do exactly that as they try to explain this business to new prospects.

Now im not saying you just send someone to your website and leave it there. Of course not. Does the car salesman just leave you to look at a car and figure it all out yourself? Of course not. We have to be guides that have a knowledge of our product but must use the websites ( our partner in outsourcing ) as the experts. This is a case where the control is given to the right entity. They are more than equipped to handle this. Every group ive come across in Coastal does at the worse an adequate job of having a website that explains this business. To put the icing on the cake we also have live calls that have proven leaders in this industry there to go over the product. Use this tool. Outsource to this resource. As a new person this can be one of your biggest assets.

Imagine being new , like you bought your package today, and trying to tell someone about the income you can make in this business. You dont have the credibility. But guess what a 7 figure earner does and they are an expert in this field. I have made it my business to understand enough about this package to wet someones appetite enough to get them to a call or to my website. Now as time has went on ive learned much more but as a new person if you can grasp that principal you truly can excel.

You see there is a need to outsource things. If you want one of the sme things I want from Coastal which is time freedom it is important you learn what you can outsource and find the right resources to do so.

Stay tuned as I go further into what other things you can resource and how I have incorporated them into my business. I look forward to sharing the reasons I do them and why.

Adam Frederick
    Coastal Level III Director and Leader
  20. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: matiasmommyI agree- you don't have to charge for it necessarily if you feel that way though. Thats one of the beautys of running your own business- you can do (mostly) WHATEVER you want!

I work with the official system and have helped in what will be coming our way from the Board of Directors. Those who plug in will be getting this information.

Jay NaPier