Adam's Advantage

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by ateamfuntimer, Sep 19, 2007.

1. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

GOALS

What are you goals? As you all see my goals are lofty. I see the big picture and dream big. My goal includes helping as many people as possible. What does you goal include? Is it all about you or does it include helping as many people succeed as possible? I understand business. Id rather make 20 cents on the dollar with 1000 people than make a dollar just myself. My goals mean that I help others.

Be sure to write your goals down. Is important to have a clear picture of what you want. Writing them down helps materialize them in your mind. I also suggest saying them out loud. I have my mantra I speak everyday. I know im not saying anything that you havent heard before but its being said again as its important.

I suggest setting team goals and talking about them constantly. Team goals are great. You get to work together towards a common goal. It creates a great atmosphere. I love team games and contests.

If you havent set your goals recently then get to it. Call your director. If you are already a director then call your teammates. Have them put it on paper. Let them email it to you. Hold them accountable. If they are serious they will get it done in a timely fashion.

Dream big and you will achieve big. You can have anything that you desire if you make a good plan and stick to it. So start by thinking up what you want then put it on paper and implement the plan. I assure you you will have your hearts desire.

Adam Frederick
    Platinum Coastal Director
    302 476 2753

MONEY IS NEVER THE ISSUE! IF YOU ARE LOOKING AT COASTAL AND ARE WORRIED ABOUT THE START-UP FEE THEN CONTACT ME TO LEARN ABOUT OUR A-TEAM COASTAL VACATIONS APPRENTICE PROGRAM.
  2. jnapier

jnapier New Member

I do a workshop each year around the 1st of the year. It's an extensive workshow where I work directly with my team helping them develop their goals for the year.

What was your new years resolution for 2007? Did you make it? Ya know 2008 will be here before you know it. I don't like new years resolutions....I prefer to work with Goals and put time lines on them too.

I send each of my team members a partnership agreement where I lay out what I'm going to do for them...and also, they are laying out what they are going to do for themselves.

I'm a BIG THINKER! Many of the things that you see today online are things that I initially did and WOW....Look how many are following my lead. I'm honored by this, but I also know that many are just sheep out to pasture. Many don't have a goal and many don't even know what they are doing. They are bumping into many challenges. Some have gone broke trying to do what I do daily.

One thing I'd suggest for your Goals List is to remember to put God First, Family Second, and then fill in the rest. Some of the businesses I owned in the past were very needy. They needed me all the time and at times, I had to decide between the business (which supported my family) and my family. Today...Coastal allows me to balance both and my team members respect me for treating them like family.

Happy Goal Setting...the SKY is the limit!

Jay NaPier
    Platinum Director
    Coastal Mastery Trainer
    Coastal Vacations
  3. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

ARE YOU OPEN TO LEARNING

This forum is one that has so many incredible leaders on it. Each and everyday ive learned more and more about myself, about people and about the Coastal Vacations business. You know how I accomplished this? By being open.

I will be the first to say that im not in agreement with everyone in this forum. Many times I post something then another leader post their own thing after me. Most times what they have to say is not in agreement with what ive written and most times I am totally opposed to their way of thinking. Now its would be easy to go back and forth with others opinions but thats counterproductive. What I do is I look at what is said and see if I can implement it into my business and grow as a person.

For the longest I was against Call Centers. I guess it was a by-product of being in the group I was in. But as I opened my mind I see it as a viable option. In fact im trying to find a group of people to create my own call center. I have opened my mind to other possibilities and see the merits of it.

For years I wasnt focused on internet marketing as I used the lead providers the group I was part of promoted. Now of course using them has worked for many people. But I never thought to do the same thing they did for myself. For years ive seen many successful directors make their own lead capture page. So you know what ive started my own business do that as well. In fact ive made lead capture pages not just for Coastal people but for many industries including other travel companies. All this because I opened my mind and was receptive to learning.

In this forum I go on all the different sub-forums. I learn so much from all that share. The education here is priceless. Ive learned so much about marketing just from reading the many post. In addition ive learned how to network.

My question to you is are you open to learning new things? Or are you apt to just give what you think is right to put yourself in the best light. The hallmark of an insecure person is someone that always has to put themselves in the best light by putting others ideas down. Are you that person? If you are its okay as now you know it. As Dr Phil says you cant change what you dont acknowledge.

You all know me. In the beginning of my time in this forum I was arrogant. I thought my way was the only way. Ive learned to be more tolerant. Or course many dont agree with all I say. Thats life. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. The trick is to be open to all those opinions and to learn something from each of them.

Adam Frederick
    302 476 2753

[Post edited - Admin]
  4. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: ateamfuntimerFor the longest I was against Call Centers. I guess it was a by-product of being in the group I was in. But as I opened my mind I see it as a viable option. In fact im trying to find a group of people to create my own call center. I have opened my mind to other possibilities and see the merits of it.

Great post today Adam! One of the things that makes the world go around is variety. I get calls each day from people who are looking to make their Coastal Vacations business successful. They are not on my team, but I try to assist them as best I can. I see alot of things that I already know don't work, and things that I question the long term effect. I remember the 40,000 leads program that you helped launch with Fun Time.

Did it work?? I've still not gotten a final thumbs up or thumbs down on this. I know that you quit Fun Time, so I'm assuming that you've moved onto bigger and better things as many do.

I started out calling geneaology leads. What a pain that was. Think of getting 500 leads and only 5 are interested. Now, it's not a big deal because you only paid $400, but the time investment was WAY more that it was worth.

Anytime you see the old Add 20-40 people to your business each month...odds are it's one of those training things. Val Smith has a program call Mentors In Motion and I invested in the training. Has it impacted my Coastal Business - no. There are now about 3 different varieties of this same training...in the end. You are simply using a teleconference room to share your opportunity and your team does the work to get folks there.

There's so much that experience can do for you, but everyone's experience is different and we're all on the road in a different place. We started at different time and if your not where you want to be. Stay consistent in your activity and you'll get there.

Jay NaPier

P.S. - No matter if you agree or disagree with what I've posted. I'm always going to share my opinion and I'm always going to be forward and honest with everyone. No hidden agenda here!
  5. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

CHANGE IS GOOD

For many years ive been afraid of change. It's the fear of the unknown. As you become successful doing a certain thing you become tied to that one thing and at times will not embrace change.

Ive taken a new approach to things. Gone are my days when I followed the lead of everyone else. Ive learn to march to the beat of my own drum and it's the best decision ever.

I always thought being part of a group was the best way to go. I had an incredible run with the CSG but in all honestly my time with them held me back. I also had a great run with Fun Time but again that was a roadblock. It's been stated that I launched the program with FTV but to set the record straight I was only part of someone elses dream and am no longer part of that opportunity ( for some reason though they wont take down my website).

See in all those opportunities I was living out others dreams. So many of us do that when we get into Coastal. We become enamored with what I call the glitz and the glamour. Ive been guilty. But now I see the light. Its really about my dream.

Someone I used to work with in Coastal talked about how they have reinvented themselves and their business recently. That should be true for us all. I am always growing. Its the beauty of this opportunity. The way I do business has changed dramatically. Ive done away with my old leads sources. Ive changed the way I train team members. It's all about the rebirth.

The season has changed. Ive been getting ready like the squirrels I watch each day outside my patio door. The game has been reset and its time we all start anew. Now this is not to say that you need to drop all that works im just saying that you need to always improve upon it.

Adam Frederick
    302 476 2753

P.S. - My new attitude becomes me as I shine each and everyday now. Come and ride the wave.
  6. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

OFFLINE MARKETING

So much has been given to online marketing. With good reason. Online marketing is cost effective and gives you a huge audience. I make it my business to do as much online marketing as possible. Whether its classified ads, forums, lead capture, email marketing, link exchanges, traffic exchanges or even social networking. And thats not even all the avenues im involved in. Online marketing is amazing. But lets never forget how effective offline marketing can be.

The simple use of a flyer can change your business around. One of the people I respect greatly in Coastal Vacations ( Harold Simpson) recently posted about a flyer targeting moms. Now im on the process of creating a flyer that im going to circulate in the states in my area so I asked Harold to see the flyer. He sent it right out to me. Now what I like is that he understands the power of offline marketing. Just getting a flyer in front of the right people can mean tens of thousands of dollars to you.

How about giving out your business cards. I see business card bowls in just about every restaurant and store I go in. I even put them at the gas pump. Why not? You never know who will see you them. So why not take the chance.

How about asking for referrals? I do it all the time. I even pay out referral fees for deals I make from referrals. Its good business.

How about giving out vacations to promote yourself? I came across the coolest website on one of my traffic exchanges. Some one is giving away vacations to build Coastal. Al talks about doing that all the time.

I see it being just as important to market offline as it is to market online. Your business needs to be well balanced. A past business partner of mine always talked about having a well rounded business. Its a smart idea. It helps you create income from various sources. Not to mention it keeps things fun. You always have something going on.

Now if you arent the type to diversify your business then become that type. Just making phone calls or sending emails just wont cut it. Every successful leader ive met in Coastal does more than one type of marketing. Follow their lead. You wont go wrong.

Adam Frederick
    302 476 2753
  7. DCollier

DCollier Member

Quoting: asebfIf you can't dazzle em brilliance - baffle them with BS?
    Please Bob , this is difficult enough to wade through the BS and the Self promotion to have to read this. espically when the "The Rich Guy" is lurching above with the Ad . We are here for help and want to seperate the bull from the facts. Cut the BS , PLEASE
  8. asebf

asebf New Member

Quoting: DCollierCut the BS , PLEASE

D - Believe me - I am all for that!!!

In my view there is so much smoke and mirrors going on that it is next to impossible to sort out the BS from the facts.
  9. asebf

asebf New Member

Adam - sorry - this is your post you started - I was not wpeaking of you.
  10. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

BALANCE

Do you have balance in your life? Do you balance your Coastal Business wth your family life? It is so easy to get caught up in posting in the threads, advertising , making calls, training teammates and all the personal development that we lose sight of what is important.

I balance my business very easily. Ive learned that there are enough tools for anyone to really automate their business and to have a balanced life. What are those tools you ask? Let me give you what I feel are those tools. First its important to use all of your websites. I have 4 sites from my provider COA Networks. Ive got a movie site I send potential business partners to. I have a retail site for potential customers. I have an incentive site for business owners to look at. I also have a site that explains the business opportunity as well. I use these tools to do all the explaining and telling. After that I send each person a personal email with a few attachments. The first is the Coastal Profile. This is the fine print as I like to call it. Then I send them my article in the HBC magazine. Now each of you dont have your own article but how about setting up your own vacation portfolio or sending them a PDF file of the coastal proof site.

These first set of tools primes the pump. It gives them the background info. The next step depends on the client. If they are a business then follow up and answer their questions. It might mean making a personal appearance at their establishment and providing more info. If they are a possible opportunity partner get them to a live call or on a 3way call. If they are a retail prospect follow up with their questions and get them a package. You have every tool you ever need right in front of you. I also use the two official coastal sites to my advantage. They have a wealth of info.

You see im different that alot of directors. Many are looking for as many members as possible. Ive been down that route. These days im looking for quality. You see I can make sales any time by doing retail. I can do them at my leisure as well. Training people can be a full time job so I pick wisely who I chose to work with. Im looking for true business builders that can see this opportunity and work with the tools provided. Doing so keeps my life balanced. I dont spend hours on the phones answering questions that are readily available on our websites. I teach my teammates to be self sufficient.

Now many will not like this approach but thats the beauty of Coastal. I can run my business the way I like. Does that mean I lose sales? Id have to say yes. But to be honest in the long run I save so much time. Ive had many people that have done nothing with their Coastal business. They have come in not at level one but at the higher levels and have done nothing but really used up my precious time. For that reason I began to automate so much of the way I do things. Its made my life a less cluttered thing and I have the control I desire. Thats why I got started in Coastal. To control my life.

I challenge you all to balance your life and your business. Being well rounded is a theme im very fond of. Do you have that balance? If you dont then you need to reevaluate things. Im always open to a conversation on balance. I will tell you that having a balance will enlighten our life.

Adam Frederick
    302 476 2753
  11. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Great post adam. Yesterday my Dad and I went shopping at the mall and ContactTalk was working away for me. It made over 350 calls while I was buying gifts for the holidays.

Balace is something that MANY don't think about, but as you mentioned it is important. I balance my life with travel, family gatherings, date night, and other activities that I enjoy.

When it comes to being successful with this or ANY business you've got to balance your life. Owning a business is like having another child and it can take up alot of your time. When I was a kid my dad was not around much because he owned pizza franchises. When I 11 I began spending Summers with my Dad at the pizza shop.

Dad was my first mentor and dad taught me alot about owning and business. Some of those things were taught and others I learned by watching. Today, the balace is what allows me to have things like Theme Park Thursday.

Jay NaPier
  12. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SHARE?

The biggest lesson ive learned in Coastal Vacations is that sharing is where its at. I have learned so much from this forum because so many great leaders have shared their ideas.

Today I want to give a special thanks to Maria Porter. I subscribe to her newsletter and have to say she has many great ideas to share. I love that we have leaders that do things like this.

Today I want to share an idea ive been thinking about. The idea I have is about starting a coop ad with the members of this forum. As so many of us use this forum many we can work together on a project. Now this is as far as I have thought this out so im open for an ideas any of you might have. I know from a teammate I had in another opportunity that they have programs where we could rotate the responses throughout the people participating.

Im open to any ideas that any of you have about this project. You all know how to contact me so im looking forward to your responses.

I think that if we work together we can help some of the newer people get their feet wet in this business.

Adam Frederick
    302 476 2753
  13. asebf

asebf New Member

Quoting: ateamfuntimerThe idea I have is about starting a coop ad with the members of this forum.
    What? Can you expand on this?
  14. linkmetro

linkmetro New Member

Quoting: ateamfuntimerThe idea I have is about starting a coop ad with the members of this forum.
    Adam,

I'm doing it with my group members. But it only works if handled by a third party.

lm
  15. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Well said LM,

I have a co-op program for my team members as well. Right now it's running about 50 cents per lead to participate. Would it work with so much diversity here? I doubt it.

Jay NaPier
  16. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

I think the only reason it wouldnt work is if people dont work it. The ad would be generic about Coastal Vacation. It would talk about the great package and that there is a "system in place" to run the business. As the leads are rotated through the system they would become the next person ups lead and they would be responsible for prospecting the lead in the manner they have been taught by their group leader , organization or director.

As we all promote Coastal Vacations I dont see the issue with cross teams but rather I see the opportunity to create more targeted less expensive leads. So many leaders in here not only buy leads from the lead providers we all know but they advertise on their own and generate leads. I think showing new people from the start how to do this and involving them in something that helps them from the start is good business.

Some leaders might not like the idea of sharing such important secrets. To make "x" amount of sales a week you must have some marketing knowledge and sharing this knowledge for some is not their first option. For me I believe in abundance and think there is enough for us all. For that reason ive never been afraid to share. I think we can help people become profitable from the start as well as offer an alternative to those that are strugglng for any reason.

I think a coop would be amazing. I have been able through my own personal knowledge of advertising and web design been able to create ads and lead capture pages that get me my own "movie leads" for pennies. These leads are targeted and come right to me. They arent sold to 3 - 5 other people. Now of course many of these people have asked for info in a wide range of places on the net so from time to time they have been called by someone else but as I only paid pennies for the lead it doesnt bother me. Much unlike when I used to buy $10 leads.

I know many leaders do this with there teams and that is great that as leaders they have created such a system. What im offering is for everyone to have this option. If you are interested then lets talk.

I know this is an amazing idea. Again my goal is to push Coastal to the next level. Its not about which team you are part of but moe about the bigger picture of Coastal Vacations because when it comes down to it we are all part of the Coastal Team.

Adam Frederick
    302 476 2753

CONTACT ME ASAP FOR COOP ADVERTISING THOUGHTS
  17. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Hey guys I know I havent been on as much lately and I apologize. The holidays has allowed me to refocus on my family a bit more. Thats the reason I got involved in Coastal.

I will say that in the next week im going to start a new series of articles on some business tools we use day to day in Coastal. I have an outline put together but am open to some thoughts and questions on what you guys want training on.

Happy Holiday to you all and see you on the forum.

Adam Frederick
    302 476 2753
  18. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

I hope that all of you have enjoyed the Thanksgiving holiday. I truly enjoyed mine. I took the time to reflect on my entire life. To say it shortly I have been truly blessed. I have so much to be thankful for but I going to focus this post on why im thankful for Coastal Vacations.

Coastal Vacations is an amazing business opportunity that combines one of the worlds greatest industries in the world with a very incredible business plan. The industry is travel. Its a 7 trillion dollar industry growing rapidly each year. The business plan is genius. Allow people to become independent contractors of an amazing travel package and give them the tools to market this business. There are various groups that have created duplicatable systems that allow us to maximize our time and efforts. We have replicated websites, live calls and events as well as you have a personal mentor to train you.

Now the best part is that if you have any marketing skills you are allowed to use them to your best advantage to grow your business. You can make your own websites, generate your own leads, create bonuses for members joining your group as well create systems to improve their sales numbers. Its truly the American dream. A business where the start up is low the commissions are high and it can be automated as well as duplicated.

This is what im truly thankful for. Almost 3 years ago my wife came across this opportunity and it has completely changed our lives. We made over 10k in our first 7 weeks of business and were able to quit our full time jobs and truly spend our days doing what we most enjoy most. That is spending our days together. In addition we have gotten to travel and save over 15k on that travel. BTW most of that travel is "business related" making it even more of a savings. We have had the opportunity to meet the most incredible people. I have been able to live out one of my dreams of becoming a trainer and served on the leadership of one of the CV groups.

I have had the opportunity to talk in front of large groups host live business calls and trainings and my wife and I have personally inspired thousands of people. This is the most amazing part of it. We have been able to let our light shine as a couple and the numerous emails and phone calls we receive each week let us know that God has truly blessed us. We are thankful for so much.

As this holiday season goes on I challenge each of you to make a list of all the things that Coastal Vacations has allowed you to do. Then use that list as you talk to others and share your story. If you are ever down or frustrated then look back at this list to see how Coastal has and will continue to bless you.

God bless each and everyone of you in this joyous season. I look forward to continuing to share my thoughts on CV and all it has to offer.

Adam Frederick
    Platinum Coastal Trainer and Director
    302 476 2753
  19. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

DONT GIVE UP

Lately ive had a few conversations with people that have given up on Coastal Vacations. The reasons behind their giving up are many. I see the major reason as the lack of training. That sounds strange with so many tools out there but it happens. Id like to shed some light on the situation.

Id like to start with saying that many directors have many different ways of doing training. There are so many schools of thought. Some do live trainings in addition to what is already available. The problem I see is finding what is duplicatable. I think it was Jeff Mills that said it in an earlier post but many of us here are very different when it comes to marketing than the average joe. We have a set of skills that is sometimes difficult to teach.

So what do we do to keep people motivated to make Coastal work? I think we have to make the business simple. We have to first get them excited again. So many people get burned out by info overload. So lets re-teach people the system. Get them on a live call or a recorded call. Get them to the websites. Get them to a live event. Its that simple. The system does in my opinion more than 95% of the work. Then have them call you back so you can answer their questions and get them started. Thats the simple truth.

Dont give up on this amazing business. The upside is that the next person you talk to can be worth at the least $1000. Is that worth it to you. People tell me that they dont have leads to call. Well give away a vacation to a local business and have them run a special for their clients. Everyone that does business with them for a period is entered in the drawing to win the vacation. There goes a ton of leads for you. In addition the business owner should see the increase in sales and might want a package for themselves.

The bottom line is to never give up. You are one sale away from changing yor life and the life of the people that you talk to. If you dont believe that to be true then be sure to call me asap to hear how Coastal changed my life.

Adam Frederick
    302 476 2753
  20. DCollier

DCollier Member

Quoting: ateamfuntimerSo what do we do to keep people motivated to make Coastal work? I think we have to make the business simple. We have to first get them excited again. So many people get burned out by info overload.
    Precisely , well put. After joining several months ago and struggling with Coastal its all about misinformation overload.
    Hearing all about the many who are very successful and are thanking Coastal for changing there lives it leaves us left out wondering if the next call will be "The One" to bring a spark of hope in a duplicatable system.
    but as you all might have read in earlier posts about calling my you know what off , one has to wonder.
    The folks at CWB have "The One"
    The folks at CSG have "The better One"
    The folks at WCYS have " The best One"
    The folks at DFI have "The even better One"
    The folks at OCV have " The official One"
    on and on and on
    Lots of Fabulous claims , but found some to be exagerated

These exagerations are the deciptions that have lead most to fail.

The absolute best advise on this forum thus far has been:

Education , Training & getting a duplicatable system .

So who is going to step up to the plate and make there stand on a
    "direction to simplify."

is it this auto dialer or that one , we all know that talking to prospects is the key. So just who do we get the absolute best out of the time we have in the day to acheve this.
    QuickBlaze.com has been suggested .

Whats the next step of improvement without the hype.
    Every new person will ask:
    How can I make a sale and have that sale duplicate? Truely?

and can it really be just a workable system for them on this exciting product " Coastal Vacations."

DCollier
    Platnum investor