adsense

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by sam38, May 3, 2009.

1. sam38

sam38 New Member

hi everyone,

I'm sam, a member of the forum but for a while i was away, recently i've started to work on google adsense. I would like to know if anyone here does the same job? If yes, could you please advice me how i can promote my wesite in order to get more traffic and get click on ads? Already i have some visitors but they don't click on any ads. I appreciate if you help me.

B.Regards
  2. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi Sam,

I think you may be slightly confused as to how to use Adsense to make money. You don't really build a site "about" adsense unless you are specifically going to be talking about adsense as your content on the site.

It looks to me like the site you have listed is about several VERY broad categories, and that the content is not unique but articles taken from article directories and listed in duplicate form all over the web.

In order to make money using Adsense, you really need to pick a topic or subject that is much more focused and narrow. Include the subject in your domain name - example: My chocolate candy website is called chocolate-candy-mall.com.

Then write your own pages/articles for the majority of the site. You do that by finding what phrases people are using to search for information about your subject (that's called keyword research) and write articles specifically about each of those phrases.

When you add the page to your site, you include the Adsense ads and the ads will be targeted to your page content.

You will generate plenty of free traffic from the search engines when people search for the phrases you have written unique content about.

It takes a lot of work in the beginning to get a good niche site up and running, but it's worth it in the long run. The more your site grows and your traffic grows, the more you will get clicks on your ads.

There are other specifics and variables involved that you'd need to learn and be aware of, but that's the basics in a nutshell.

Blessings,
    Angie
  3. garygoh

garygoh New Member

sam38: how i can promote my wesite in order to get more traffic and get click on ads?
    Build as many backlinks as you can. Your search engine ranking position will improve and hence more organic traffic.

To build backlinks, write as many articles as you can (based on your keyword phrase), and then submit it to ezinearticles.com
  4. darpon56

darpon56 New Member

Thanks for this information. I appreciate it as well. I'm in the process of writing as many articles as I can. At the moment I have 35 live on Ezine.
  5. The more traffic you get to your site, the more people will click on your adsense ads. It's a numbers game.

Here are a few ways to get more traffic:-

1. Write and submit articles . This will create traffic for years to come. Write quality unique articles, not articles that provide no substance for readers.

2. Submit ads to a high pagerank and high traffic Classified ad site such as USFreeads.

3. View related products on Amazon.com. You can try and take some customers from your competitors here by providing your own url if the product is similar.

4. Review websites in your niche on Alexa to try to take some of their traffic by including a reference back to your site.

5. Comment on other related blogs, but do not spam.

6. If you purchase a product that you actually like, then leave a testimonial. Leave your url in your testimonial and you should receive some traffic.

7. Whenever you send an email to someone, include your website url as a signature.

8. Keep updating content on your websites/blogs... try at least once per week, if not twice.

9. Tag blog posts at social bookmarking sites. Sign up to Onlywire.

10. Add pictures to your blog with appropriate keywords.
  6. mwyawahf

mwyawahf New Member

if you want to make good amount of money with adsense you must

concentrate on aspecific topic and make your self expert in that topic that will make visitors come back to your site

add fresh contents to your site with great information to visitors.

you can derive more traffic to your site by trying the following :
    1. Write and submit articles to the article directories.
    2. Leave comments on other people's blogs with a backlink to your site.
    3. Answer people's questions on Yahoo! Answers - Home.
    4. Post in forums and have a link to your site in your signature.
    5. Write a press release and submit it to PRWeb::The Online Visibility Company
    6. Advertise your website in the appropriate category websites Free Ads. Website
    7. Give an unbiased testimonial on a product/service that you have used in exchange for a
    backlink to your site.
    8. Start a blog and submit it to the 100's of free blog directories.
    9. Manually submit your website to the major search engines.
    10. Optimize each page of your website for a particular keyword or search phrase.

11. Add a link in your email signature to your website. It's a free and easy way to get a little
    more traffic.

thanks
  7. GAB1421

GAB1421 New Member

Adsense is great.
  8. samda

samda Member

Sam, welcome..... Sam07 welcomes another Sam.....
  9. gridellas

gridellas New Member

Social marketing is on the rise so don't forget to include Twitter on that list. You can build relationships on Twitter and get some great traffic as well as backlinks.

If you are familiar with pay per click you can get some fast traffic using this method but you need to know how to use it. PPC is a very powerful tool. It can hurt you just as much as help you. Make sure you are comfortable with it first. [​IMG]
  10. busoppreviews

busoppreviews New Member

I had my adsense account cancelled for "invalid clicks" that had nothing to do with me.

My friend had the same thing happen.

So, all the best, but be prepared to lose everything you have earned through no fault of your own.

Does anyone know a good Adsense alternative ?
  11. happywife

happywife Gold Member

I'm sure that must have been very discouraging. These are some Adsense alternatives you could try...

Infolinks
    Kontera
    Adbrite
    Chitika
    Yahoo Publisher Network

Hope you find something that works for you.

Just remember. Even though you may have lost your adsense, you still have a foundation, so you haven't lost everything. You may even want to consider including more affiliate links and it could turn out to be a blessing in disguise. [​IMG]

All the best,
    Angie
  12. busoppreviews

busoppreviews New Member

Thanks

I have affiliate links as my site is all about affiliate programs.

Thanks for the adsense alternatives. Any suggestions as to which pay the best ?

Do any of them have contextual advertising like Google ?

I can't do Yahoo as it is only US at the minute

Thanks
  13. MakeMuchMoney3

MakeMuchMoney3 New Member

Great advice Happywife ! I have a successful website with around 1500-3000 visiters every day and I use Adense on the website. I make a lot of money from Adsense every month [​IMG] Everyone can do the smae, you only need to promote your website right.
  14. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

I would suggest using a 336 X 280 large rectangle advertisement at the very top of your page, and use two other ad formats within your content to maximize click thoughs.
  15. garygoh

garygoh New Member

getagrip: I would suggest using a 336 X 280 large rectangle advertisement at the very top of your page,
    Good suggestion. What I would like to add is, use default color (i.e. blue) for link text and black color for url. Try not to put more than 1 block of ad if you want to increase your click through rate.

Hope the above helps.
  16. Jean LA

Jean LA New Member

sam38: hi everyone,

I'm sam, a member of the forum but for a while i was away, recently i've started to work on google adsense. I would like to know if anyone here does the same job? If yes, could you please advice me how i can promote my wesite in order to get more traffic and get click on ads? Already i have some visitors but they don't click on any ads. I appreciate if you help me.

B.Regards
    I also am publishing Google adsense and have my payout every month. The main thing that gives me traffic is article marketing. I have read a free ebook: 5dollarformula.com