Advertise on Youtube?

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by hsshopping123, Jan 23, 2008.

1. hsshopping123

hsshopping123 New Member

I am a small business enterprise and have recently got a website for my goods. I would like to attract more and more viewers in my vicinity so as to popularize and sell my products. I am looking for some ideas to enhance the hits on my business site. Can someone help me out please?
    I was told by chance that some is useing youtube to advertise their websites, but I am not sure how it works and does it work or not?
  2. pcwork

pcwork New Member

If your audience is from a country where broadband is easily available, a video about your product may help.
  3. cardwarrior

cardwarrior New Member

I agree with PC...Advertising on YouTube is an excellent free traffic avenue. Make a video about your business (keep it less than 10 minutes) and load it up. Then check your hits the next day. The trick is to increase your CTR...you'll get the traffic, but can you convert it to 10%? 30 CTR? Let me know the answer when you figure it out. But, you will not believe the viral nature of video kid...
  4. sim

sim New Member

what do u sell
  5. hsshopping123

hsshopping123 New Member

Yes thanks for your answers , I am selling fashion bags, silever accessories and the like, so I am planning to advertise with a model on youtube, thank u all[​IMG]
  6. web20mentor

web20mentor New Member

Youtube is not your target market...you just want to use youtubes authority rank with Google to get your videos ranked high in the search engines.

I have helped a few hundred people understand this and it amazes me that some think it's as simple as doing a video and posting it there and BOOM...traffic come screaming your way. It won't.
  7. Marktech

Marktech Member

Most YouTube vids I see don't have links to websites, services or products. I quess my question is will youtube let you link, if so to what, and how does it work. I have a really cute vid of my pom - I would like to submit and was thinking of linking it to a dog care product of some kind - just not sure of the details. I guess I need to do some Googling. Anybody got any links to some free info on this?
  8. CSGWAHM

CSGWAHM New Member

I agree with YouTube not being your target market. It's free so make a video here or there, but don't rely on it too much. The business I have has products that teach you how to reach your target market no matter what you're selling and they don't even mention YouTube. When you're taking the time to set up advertising, you dont' want to feel like you're wasting your time. I would venture into other advertising areas for your product.
  9. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Web 2.0 Mentor,

It's true that YouTube does have tremendous authority rank with Google.

Would you also agree that seoing the YouTube vid description along with tagging it correctly would go a long way in getting high SERPs placement? How about creating a good YouTube user page? You can do quite a bit to get good placement. It wouldn't hurt to stumble it, digg it, etc...either.

[​IMG]

~Newbie Shield~
  10. Breanne

Breanne Guest

I agree with Web2.0mentor that it is important to use videos for promoting yourself. And yes everything from the title to the description and content have a very important effect on the ranks with google or any other search engine.
  11. dmitch31

dmitch31 New Member

YouTube is a good way to "supplement" your website with some additional traffic. But like was mentioned here, it won't FLOOD you with traffic.

Another point to make note of is that you don't have to hire a model or do anything fancy. You could just do a simple 5 minute video of yourself talking about your website, the products you offer, and even showing quite a few product samples. Then you put the link to your site in the description and at the end of the video mention to the viewer that they can click on your link to go look at more merchandise. Also, you should use your video editing software to display your website address at the bottom of the screen in your video. That way if anyone ever plays your video anywhere else on the web, your web address will be a part of the video and you will potentially get traffic from those sources as well.
  12. PMHayes

PMHayes New Member

web20mentor: Youtube is not your target market...you just want to use youtubes authority rank with Google to get your videos ranked high in the search engines.

I have helped a few hundred people understand this and it amazes me that some think it's as simple as doing a video and posting it there and BOOM...traffic come screaming your way. It won't.
    Then what, Danny, in your opinion is the value of using You Tube or My Space? Also, is the web 2.0 diffiulct to learn? I'm somewhat of an old salt, 50+, good at the old fashioned network marketing approach of talking to people one on one. This online marketing stuff is a different animal.
  13. GavinStephenson

GavinStephenson New Member

CLUE Google Bought YOUTUBE.

If your video isnt good enough for google forget it. Youtube is a big gun for the search engine. although you may just want tiny traffic lol I doubt it

CLUE Listen To Your Markets Wants And Needs

Who are you targeting?

CLUE YOUTUBE is only one of the many Video Sites

One of many
  14. samda

samda Member

Create a useful video regarding to your product. At last include your website address there.

Remember that the video must be of use to some one. It should not be a hype about your product.

In this way you will get targetted traffic.
  15. freecashhappens

freecashhappens New Member

Just remember it's not just sell, sell, sell. YouTube is a wonderful way to introduce people to the most powerful tool in your arsenal. YOU!!
    Don't ever forget that. Have you ever bought something from a salesman/saleswoman, just cause you like them? And by the way there are about 40 video sharing sites.
  16. birddog

birddog New Member

I agree. And the better your video ranks in youtube, it has a better chance to end up on the first page of google search.
  17. WOWAustin

WOWAustin New Member

What Newbie Shield is right on. A good description with carefully selected keywords can help a great deal.
  18. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Your main goal is to bring as many visitors to your site as possible on a daily basis. What I would do is to get yourself into some sort of an online marketing courses that will teach you how to drive traffic to your site.

This is very important to your long term success.

In regards to YouTube, when you upload your own videos and they are informative to others, people will be able to click on your link that goes to your site.

You can see how others are doing it by viewing videos that are related to your niche.

Tal
  19. webprit

webprit New Member

Hello,

YouTube is a good way to "supplement" your website with some additional traffic. But like was mentioned here, it won't FLOOD you with traffic.

Thanks You.
  20. paperkool

paperkool New Member

If you're looking for a sudden flood of traffic, do something that will get you on prime time TV or Radio. Maybe "Rob the Paperboy Or High Jack the Milk Man."[​IMG] You know. Seriously, the only other legal way would be to use PPC, but you'll probably lose money that way.

Your right Google is great, but you need great material. If you came out with an out rageous video and manipulated your key words, you will begin to see traffic. The thing is, you need to repeat submitting "hot material." "It's got to be hot consistantly."