Advertise on Youtube?

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by hsshopping123, Jan 23, 2008.

1. emma2020

emma2020 New Member

Hi,

Youtube is one of the worlds busiest sites, if not the most, so if you can get yourself on there, it could well lead to more sales.

Do you sell just in your local area or do you sell nationwide/ worldwide?

x
  2. JHandy

JHandy New Member

YouTube is an awesome venue if used appropriately. It like all other sites can place you in front of a lot of people, but how do you get them to listen to you. My suggestion is to devise a strategy by building a list of friends and subscribers. Offer valuable information to them without "selling" them on your products and eventually they will began to know, like, and trust you. Once those relationships are developed then, you may have a chance of converting them to customers.

Long term business is about relationships, not one hit wonders.

Jerry
  3. neonguy528

neonguy528 New Member

My company shoots affordable marketing videos for websites all over Florida. A video is simply the best tool for promoting your products and services. That's the first purpose of having a video. Not only do I add videos on YouTube, but also, Daily Motion, Yahoo, Flickr, Vimeo, Trip Films, Metacafe, Trip Advisor, Nola, and other places. Videos create links, and Google will rank some videos high on a search.

Videos can also be added by other sites, giving a person even more exposure. I have had about 20 websites I know add my videos, and these links will also show up high on Google.

Always add your website link in the description box on YouTube, otherwise traffic won't make it to you. A video is the most important tool for any business website to have, no matter if others disagree with that statement. It's a fact. Good luck.[​IMG]
  4. I make videos with Animoto and upload them to YouTube for all my websites.

Not only does this bring me traffic, but other sites pick up the videos which gives me more backlinks to my websites pushing them up in the rankings.
  5. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

Barb Thornback: Not only does this bring me traffic, but other sites pick up the videos which gives me more backlinks to my websites pushing them up in the rankings.
    I've noticed this happening with some of my videos as well. People using autoblogging. That cool with me.

Having a presence on youtube is part of an overall marketing strategy.
    People retain 70% of what they see and hear, so you want to be engaged in doing some sort of videos in your marketing.
  6. jamess

jamess Member

YouTube can increase your traffic so you should use this product of Google... You can put your link so this is beneficial..
  7. YouTube can be great for traffic. I strongly believe in video marketing but you have to know how to do it correctly. There is some really good advice on here so far that should help and I may be making the same points as others but here it goes... Many people think they can just make a video and then put it on YouTube and then they will get lot's of traffic. Well... this just isn't the case with most videos. I recommend you do your keyword research and keep it consistent with your title, tags, comments, etc... YouTube/Google likes good content and social interaction. Getting your video liked, commented on and shared help as well to get ranked higher. You also need to look at your competition and competitive your niche is to see what impact you will have. Also, try uploading a lot of videos to your YouTube channel in the same niche and show that you have a presence. These are just a few things you can do... The best advice I can give is to find an expert in YouTube video marketing and follow that person. It's possible to drive yourself crazy trying to do everything correctly to get that #1 spot in your niche. :)
  8. Video Marketing is very effective in promoting a website, product or service. It is more interactive than reading articles. Video also gives more traffic to a site especially if you have a high quality video and the best part is when it becomes viral.

When creating a Youtube video, here are some tips:

-Choose Unique tags
    -Make sure that your thumbnail is clear to suggest that your video is of high quality. YouTube normally gives you 3 choices for your video's thumbnail, one of which is normally taken from the exact middle of the video so make sure that the thumbnail have a face or at least a person in it.
    -Commenting, creating responses to videos posted by others