Advertising and Marketing with Videos

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by LaurieK, Feb 20, 2010.

1. LaurieK

LaurieK New Member

I've heard so much about video marketing, and I've dabbled just a bit but only added a few videos to YouTube.

I've tried 2 free video making sites:

- Animoto, where you make videos using your photos.

- Xtranormal, where you can create some interesting animated videos by writing a script and choosing characters... it took a whole day to figure that one out, but it was fun.

Another one I know of but have not used personally is OneTrueMedia, and I believe you also use photos (and maybe short video clips?)

(All the above have free levels, plus you can upgrade for more options, longer video times, etc. I have only done the free stuff.)

Plus I've used videos I've had rights to download and use from the companies I've worked with. I have even somewhat learned to edit them using Windows Movie Maker (which usually comes free on all PCs, pre-installed).

To learn more about how to use Windows Movie Maker, I looked up tutorial videos about it on YouTube! It's amazing what you can find if you know how/what to look for.

Anyway, today I joined TubeMogul.com -- it's a free service that allows you to upload a video to several sites all at the same time.

When you first join, you must register at a bunch of video hosting sites on their list -- that took some time and was tedious, but it will go a lot faster from now on.

The best thing is that literally within an HOUR, my video on two of the sites came up on page 1 of Google for my keyword, and another on page 2!

Granted, my keyword is not well-known yet, but that was exciting anyway. As the brand name gets out, and when people search for it, my videos will come up.

So, I recommend TubeMogul.com for submitting your videos... actually, I've heard it mentioned several times in the last year or so -- but I also have heard about TrafficGeyser, which is very expensive and does the same kind of thing but on a larger, more powerful scale.

However, last week a friend said that until I can afford TrafficGeyser, TubeMogul really does work well.... and now I must say I agree with him!

Here's an important tip... be sure to type in your site URL (that you want to drive traffic to) in the Description area as the very first thing.... be sure to include the http:// part of it, before the www. -- that's what makes it a live, clickable link....

Because, on many sites (YouTube for one) it will automatically make it a clickable link -- which will not only make it easier for people to visit your site by just clicking it, but it will create powerful "backlinks" to your site as well.

~ Laurie

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Thanks Laurie - I will have to go check it out... but not until I get some shut eye - it's been a full day and I need to hit the sack. [​IMG]

3. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Laurie,

Thanks for sharing this great info with the rest of us. Video marketing is a good way to market your site online but it should be a small part of anyone's internet marketing venture.

Tal

4. bburt252

bburt252 New Member

Yes I agree, I have made a pretty decent conversion rate just from youtube and dailymotion.

5. Shelly Allen

Shelly Allen New Member

Great tips Laurie! [​IMG]

6. BruceMiles

BruceMiles New Member

Thanks!

7. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

You hit on an essential item about video marketing that people don't think a lot about when posting their video. The keywords in the title.

Just like with articles you need to use the keywords in your title to try and get the best search engine ranks. So simple yet many will miss this. They will focus on just the tags.

8. advertise

advertise New Member

Everything evolves, and internet marketing has done just that. Now it has become rather popular to do video marketing. And it is effective, but we have to remember that in order to render the best results we have to be creative, catchy, interesting and maybe even flashy with our videos.

9. bosco

bosco New Member

Laurie K,

Thanks for this great resource.

I know I need to get into video ASAP.

Good stuff.

10. ShawnJohn

ShawnJohn New Member

Great tip. Thanks for sharing.

11. gingerva

gingerva Guest

LaurieK: So, I recommend TubeMogul.com for submitting your videos.
    Hey LaurieK, thanks for the info. From what I hear YouTube gets more page views per day than Google - so Video is on the rise and getting more popular every day.

I have heard great things about TubeMogul for video submission- just a note however that I heard YouTube will require manual submission. All the other video sites are cool with TubeMogul.

Great post - Make it a great day!

Ginger Hogue

12. brian early

brian early New Member

You really have to be careful with automatic submission tools to YouTube. They will shut your account down in a HEARTBEAT! My business partner had her account SHUT down.

The truly best way to promote your business on YouTube is to provide value and not promote your company. People want to be attracted to leaders.

The tools such as Traffic Geyser are good tools, but YouTube is on top of it and will slap you down.

You can get back on. However, you have to get a new ISP# and new e-mail address.

Use these tools at your own risk. Do what works best and provide true value.