Advertising

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by ernestwest, Jul 3, 2010.

1. ernestwest

ernestwest New Member

I am currently involved with an affiliate marketing program,however,
    I don't have a website.What are the best ways to advertise wthout
    a website?I am basically a newbie to internet marketing and need
    all the advice and support I can get.
  2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I would set a simple blog or SOMETHING! You need your own real estate if you are into affiliate marketing.[​IMG]

Don't sweat it - for starters go to a free place like webs, weebly, or blogger and set up a simple site. That way you can link to all kinds of stuff from your own site and it is much easier to get accepted with companies to market their products once you have a site of your own.

When I first started out, all I used was simple Squidoo lenses - those are STILL a great way to go.[​IMG]

Good luck.
  3. kenwrites

kenwrites New Member

Weebly and Blogger are excellent choices. Squidoo as well.

If you are using your own domain redirecting to the affiliate site, write articles in your niche. Submit them to Ezine Articles, GoArticles and Articlebase. Create a resource box with the domain link.
  4. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

You can get a domain name and set up redirects. Make sure you mask the redirect. I won't get any simpler than that.
  5. TopHits4U

TopHits4U New Member

You can advertise your affiliate links directly in Traffic Exchanges for starters. There are many free splash page makers available too like AdKreator or SimpleSplash.
  6. annalaurab

annalaurab Member

If you have an autoresponder you can set up messages and give people the email address for them to send an email to and subscribe. That way you can build a list without a website but really like the others said, you need some kind of a site or blog to really go anywhere.
  7. lsj99

lsj99 New Member

I am trying Weebly. I like their site/program. It's very easy and free!
  8. Margo Tuul

Margo Tuul New Member

ye, i find Weebly bit better than Squidoo. Squidoo has some stupid rules and do and don't-s. For example you are not allowed to write anything about network marketing.Some affiliate programs are also NO.
  9. j11_cook

j11_cook New Member

mountainmom5: I would set a simple blog or SOMETHING! You need your own real estate if you are into affiliate marketing.

Don't sweat it - for starters go to a free place like webs, weebly, or blogger and set up a simple site. That way you can link to all kinds of stuff from your own site and it is much easier to get accepted with companies to market their products once you have a site of your own.
    I agree about needing to set up a blog site. I personally like using Blogger, because it seems to be easier to navigate. However, there is also wordpress, which is another great site to set up a blog.

I also love using E-zine Articles to submit my articles. The only draw back to this is it sometimes takes a week to get your articles approved to be published in the beginning. I like Squidoo as well. Your articles are immediately published with them, they give you stats just like E-zine, and can be customized to your liking. Squidoo and E-zine both place high in the rankings on google.
  10. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

I really think that you should get your own domain name and have some sort of an opt in list so that everyone who comes to your site have the opportunity to opt in to it.

That way you can follow up with them because:

The fortune is in the follow up.

Tal
  11. lmiller14

lmiller14 New Member

Try creating a blog. This can be your main website that you send people to. On your blog, you can post valuable content and advertise your affiliate links.

To get traffic to your blog, make sure you have great keywords and write articles, that lead people back to your blog. You can also network with people on facebook and twitter and do videos. It's a giant circle. Whatever content you get out there, make sure it brings people back to your blog.

Good luck!
    - Lark
  12. Ydris

Ydris New Member

You can create a website for free at WIX.com or as some have said you can simply use a blog.

Ydris
  13. jazbo

jazbo New Member

Set up a free blog, then use free banner/text ad exchanges, they can help you get a dribble of targeted traffic.

try cahoola.com for some free text ads.
  14. ThePhoenix

ThePhoenix New Member

It would certainly be preferable to get your own website, and it's really not that difficult or expensive nowadays.

Alternatively, you can make pages on Squidoo and HubPages and optimize them. While these are not unique domains, the advantage is you get to benefit from the search engine power of the site as a whole, which is pretty nice.
  15. gowriter

gowriter Member

Be careful with Squidoo. There's not a problem promoting Amazon products or other tangible goods, but Squidoo recently cut off people from promoting Affiliate Programs. A couple of years back they cut off MLMs.

If you've got advertising money, and you don't have a website, then the best way to make money with affiliate marketing is by promoting CPA offers. You can use and test the landing pages of the companies whose offers you promote.

Now, one way or another, you're going to need some type of website, blog -- some type of content platform, even if it's free. CPA networks will want to look at your website.

So my recommendation would be to start a free blogger blog about making money online. Make it look tidy. Put a few posts in there to show that you're serious about making money online.

And when you sign up for CPA networks, tell them you're interested in promoting zip/email submit (Walmart gift cards, Earn a free iPad type of stuff) offers using search PPC, social PPC and PPV/CPV.

Most CPA networks cover these categories. If they ask you what's your vertical (your niche market), say email/zip submits. Those are the most common in CPA networks.