Advice using clickbank

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by trinitron00, Feb 28, 2009.

1. trinitron00

trinitron00 New Member

Hi, I just have a question regarding clickbank, even though I try to promote only products I believe in I just want to know how liable affiliates are if anything were to happen to clickbank.

Secondly, do you have any concerns that clickbank maybe shutdown one day by the feds because of some of the scammy products it has listed there? I am not asking for legal advice just your opinion on this issue, so pls share any views you might have

Thanks

2. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

Clickbank is just a merchant account. I personally the products will be owned by the product owners. So the product owner should be liable.

I don't think Clickbank will just shutdown one day. It is possible, but there are a lot of people are using clickbank to promote their products and earn money from the clickbank.

Just my personal views

3. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I agree with cherie27 - Clickbank is only a merchant and some of the scammy products may be discontinued but I have a hard time believing that CB will disappear...

But for me,too, that is just my humble penny's worth.[​IMG]

4. 040107

040107 Member

Clickbank will get rid of "scammy" products from their marketplace to
    avoid potential financial and legal problems from their merchant
    account providers and the authorities if they ever need to.

Remember?

First they prohibited any sales copy from using pictures of Clickbank
    checks. Then they got rid of all the "data-entry" courses that were
    really courses that teach you pay-per-click advertising and not true
    "data-entry" jobs.

5. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Trinitron,

ClickBank (CB) is a middleman for merchants, merchant affiliates, and retail customers.

They are a network for digital products.

I don't see any signs of them disappearing in the near future but if they do, someone else would likely take their place rather quickly.

Scam products tend to get banned.

To avoid liability, just put a disclaimer page on your site stating clearly that the products are not manufactured or sold directly by you and that you are simply reviewing them. You do not accept liability, etc...you've seen it before.

I think a lot of the CB products there are in fact scams, but there are some great products there as well. Choose your reviews carefully and remember that your reputation is at stake when ever you recommend something - whether it be a strong recommendation or a soft mention.

Doubt the feds would be able to "shut them down". Perhaps they are asked or forced to drop a product from time to time. I bet they cooperate rather quickly.

It's best to join several affiliate networks and small programs in case one of them goes under. That also gives you a needed wide variety of products to recommend to your visitors.

~Newbie Shield~

6. klrrider

klrrider New Member

One person's scam is another's ham... CB products offer money back guarantees and if you purchase with a credit card you have that insurance also.

Check refund rates... if they are two high avoid the product... New releases have higher refund rates in my experience but usually settle down after the newness wears off.

CB shutting down??? are you kidding?

7. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Considering the current state of worldwide economic afairs, and the established brick and mortar companies that have gone out of business, are liquidating or are facing bankruptcy, it doesn't seem unrealistic to think that the possibility could extend to ClickBank.

As far as we know the company is solvent and the probability of failure for this giant is remote. Still, one never knows, do one! [​IMG]

Common sense would dictate that prudent marketers at least spread their risk among several third-party processors, to minimize any negative fallout, should the unexpected occur.

Hermas

8. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

I think that the majority of products that Clickbank offers are high quality. For example, I just got finished reading a Clickbank ebook on how to save money on your groceries that was excellent. I've also read Burn The Fat Feed The Muscle, which is a Clickbank ebook on weight loss, and it has the most high quality information on weight loss and fitness that I've seen anywhere online.

Personally, I wish Clickbank would get rid if sites like "paid surveys" or "run your car on water" - these are the kinds of products that rip people off.

9. trinitron00

trinitron00 New Member

I also think that cb does have some quality products but it also has a lot of questionable products. Anyway, thank you all for your answers

10. Mak Doodle

Mak Doodle New Member

CB like anything has good and bad products. But CB tends to be a good middle man company and manages the refunds for the consumer. SO I think they are a good business and will be around. I use CB and commision junction to find potential products or services that might fit my needs. Remember the concept of multiple streams of income, always utilize multiple companies if you are building an affiliate marketing business. This way if one ever has issues you are not out of business.

11. jaesun16

jaesun16 New Member

I think clickbank is just one of the best merchant site.

I mean you can find only products just typing it when

Other search engines show you everything plus unneccessary

informations.

How great it is~! You can even buy some of products using your

hoplink from other computer then you get product, and also you get

commssion from your payment!!!

That way you get what you want, you save money, you actually

earn click bank commssions~~ Go to your family member if they

are interested in any click bank products, if it is, let them buy it

with your hoplink, you can also get commssion without promoting

your either your website, or article.

Attracting people is not easy, but you can! [​IMG]

From family to friends and online prospector..

Just I am

Happy now~[​IMG]

12. Dugsey

Dugsey New Member

Has anyone any idea how to get Clickbank to respond to a request for a refund ? I have tried the usual link but after 5 contacts since 28th April have now almost given up. I am not a serial refund seeker, and have bought from clickbank many times over the years.
    Fortunately I paid by credit card, so will get my money back that way. But I will not be relying on Clickbanks 60 day refund policy any more ! Sgame as Clickbank has always been thought of as one of the most reliable of Internet Traders. Are they in trouble ? Anyone know ?

13. nanlar

nanlar New Member

Like the previous posts have stated Clickbank is a very liquid company at this point. But just watching the news can make one skeptical as to what may happen to any company in these unpredictable times.