Advices for email marketing needed

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by R. Martin, Jan 30, 2016.

1. R. Martin

R. Martin New Member

Hi, I've just created recently a job board site. It's growing but I would like to boost it using email marketing, which is something that I've never done before. Currently I have a quality database with about 1000 users and I don't waste the opportunity of contacting them in a wrong way.
    What would you recommend me? Thanks.
  2. KB24

KB24 Active Member

Ask Your members what they want, What problems do they have and come up with a solution for them. If you are getting into e-mail marketing invest in a e-mail provider like aweber or getresponse. There are others but they are the main e-mail providers

Hope this helps.
    drknlvly6781 and payment proof like this.
  3. Martin1977

Martin1977 New Member

If you want build successful online business and to build relationship with your contacts, you will need an autoresponder. Best ones aweber and getresponse.
  4. How do you currently contact your subscribers can you do it through site. Meaning if you get an autoresponder how will you let your users know about this.
  5. Muzzamil

Muzzamil Member

You should learn or read about copywriting. Since you are writing a email, your words need to be good and convincing which can only be done if you are a good writer/copywriter. There are many good books on copywriting but if you don't want to write the emails yourself, you can go to freelancing websites such as,, and You can literally pay $5 to a professional writer on freelancing websites and get good quality emails written. Good Luck!
  6. Evan Mitchell

Evan Mitchell New Member

Hi R Martin

Hope I can help - email marketing is a service which I have a good deal of experience in and run multiple campaigns both for my own email marketing efforts and also for clients.

1) As someone mentioned above, you will need a quality auto-responder to start with (unless you want to send our emails manually...) - I recommend Aweber as its what I use and seems to be up there in any reviews I see.

2)Next (and often overlooked) is to think about why? - are you hoping to drive sales, leads, signups to a particular event/webinar. This will drive the tone and content of the emails you write as part of point 3 below

3) Once you have that set up, you want to spend some time writing out a solid legacy email series - this will take planning. The last thing you want to do is start scatter gunning emails out with no real structure or purpose. You should write a list of what kinds of things you want to say and then put down some draft emails. I recommend you start with 7-10 and have a think about how regularly you want them to go out. Make sure you integrate a call to action in each of these.

4) Think about varying the types of content. You have 1000+ database members so you can be sure that some will respond better to text, some to video, some to freebies (like a free ebook) and others may respond to surveys. I've always found that an engaging mix of content results in the best response/action.

Once all this is set up you are pretty much good to go. Plug your email database into Aweber and you are away!

Hope this is helpful - feel free to DM if you want more advice

Good luck!

Evan - GhostRock Digital