Advise on builting backlink.

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by recruiter1, Aug 11, 2014.

1. recruiter1

recruiter1 Banned

Can anyone advise me on where I should start building backlinks to my website.

Cheers
    recruiter1

2. PeterMFL

PeterMFL Active Member

Your on the right track adding value to forums and leaving a backlink ;)

Other then that just search Google to find a free list of backlinks or use backlinkwatch to see backlinks your competitors have.

Keep in mind that there's no point building backlinks if you content is not User and SEO friendly

payment proof, recruiter1 and Just2EZ like this.
  3. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Start with your website.
    Provide information people want to share.
    Then share those pages on social networks.
    The most valuable back links come from others.
    Give them something worth sharing.
    Put sharing buttons on your website.
    Then use them yourself first!

payment proof and recruiter1 like this.
  4. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

I personally have my own opinion on this:

This is a total waste of your time. There are so many people who are trying to make this strategy work but fail because there is so many others who are trying to get the same results.

You would be better off if you start looking at PAID ads like pay per click and solo ads. This way you will get faster results.

recruiter1 likes this.
  5. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

Well placed backlinks can produce immediate traffic even if they are no follow. My best advice is keep the backlinks relevant. For example, you don't want to post a link to your motorcycle site on a forum about flower arrangement. From what I've read, spammy, non relevant backlinks can hurt you SEO wise. So if SEO is a goal, be absolutely sure to keep them relevant.

recruiter1 likes this.
  6. Robin Bull

Robin Bull Member

Forums, posting relevant comments on the right types of blogs and articles, writing articles for places that accept them, guest blog posts...those are just a few ideas. You could use directories and do it but that would take a lot of manual work. I've heard software exists, but I am always leery of something I have very little control over. Being penalized by search engines sucks!

7. Robin Bull

Robin Bull Member

Exactly this. I keep my blogs totally moderated to comments...and I delete any comment that isn't relevant. Content truly is key.

payment proof likes this.
  8. yahia

yahia Member

I would start with social media but not for the link juice though. Then article directories as a link bait for the future (those who publish your articles can be approached for guest posting).

That said, I have sites ranking on page one for crazy competitive keywords with hardly any backlinks, just doing a little bet better job in the on site seo than my competition.

9. Johnny Thomas

Johnny Thomas New Member

I have start from business listings then gone trough social media then posted some blog posts and now forums. I have hired some people to work this out for me.

10. Rustler

Rustler New Member

I would make sure you have a thorough understanding of just how competitive your niche is before putting a good deal of time, money, and effort into trying to rank your site organically. 95% of the SEO industry is pure scam. Ranking websites in the money (Page 1 and preferably spots 1-4) is a massive, comprehensive approach in game where the rules are constantly being changed (Think Google Algorithms).

Any niche worth ranking for that will create an ROI will take more than some backlinks to get in the money. I agree with the poster above, go paid search first such as Google adwords or Facebook ads. That way you can test conversion to see if you'll even make any money. Then there's the FREE Grandaddy of them all, YouTube. The most underused marketing tool out there today.