Affiliate Website Help

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Cap1107, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Cap1107

Cap1107 New Member

I have signed up for Clickbank & CJ awhile ago but I have no clue on how to make a web page to promote the products I am trying to sell. I want to use a free web site editor like freewebs.com just to start out and get a feel of how to make a niche site. Are there any sites to help create & walk through building affiliate pages? Thanks

2. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

Maybe you want to try out squidoo or hub pages.
    You don't have to know any html codes to create the pages.

3. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Try doing a Google search for "free web design" or something to that effect. One thing you could also check out is a web design program called "Weebly". I haven't ever built a site with it, but I hear it is pretty easy to use.

4. Tammy Tung

Tammy Tung Guest

Hi Cap1107,

Maybe you should start by blogging the product or service you are about to promote.

I'm a member of a private money making society online and i have been learning a lots of from my mentor which I find it very informative and impressive

5. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Cap,

My advice is to learn about some of the online marketing fundamentals for free at The Thirty Day Challenge here:

www.thirtydaychallenge.com

Then you might experiment with Squidoo. It's free and reasonably easy to learn. You can put your CJ affiliate links on your Squidoo lens.

Just make sure you have your online marketing fundamentals down fairly well before you goof around online or you won't get any where.

Good luck,

~Newbie Shield~

6. Sonni

Sonni New Member

You can also go to youtube there are good tutorial videos on how to build a Weebly, Wordpress, Blogger etc. I use them when I need instruction. I also second the 30 Day Challenge as suggested by NS.
    Sonni

7. Cap1107

Cap1107 New Member

Thank you for the advice, I am really going to attempt this harder than I have before because I have nothing but time on my hands. I have seen all of the bum marketing videos....those seem to make a lot of sense. I have just signed up to the 30 day challenge, It looks interesting.

8. jaesun16

jaesun16 New Member

YOu know, google is the best search engine for any kind of words

You just go to goolge, and type like "free web design tools"

You will see there are many free site offer some good and fancy

design

[​IMG]

9. s12345

s12345 New Member

hey there i think weebly is quite good it shows you how to use all the things!

10. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

PS. These days most accounts - whether free or paid - at least have site builders.

If you can type, you can use a site builder. There's nothing to it at all.

In the mean time I also suggest that you learn some basic HTML and CSS.

Eventually, you'll want to tweak around with website templates and perhaps eventually code your own from "scratch".

~Newbie Shield~

11. WorkOffTheBooks

WorkOffTheBooks New Member

There are free website templates to use. I have found a few. Just seach on Google for "Free Website Templates" In the first couple of listings you will find ones that are actually free. You download the .zip files to your machine and extract all the files. Then you can right click the html file and edit it in note pad. All the places with text you can replace them with your links you want to use.

The best way though is to learn how to use a database and create pages that can be update.

I have a site as well for using these types of affiliate companies and it's not that easy at all to promote them. You HAVE to have a great website name, that is key, and you have to keep up on all the new coupons that are released daily from all these companies. SEO is key here as well because of all the competition out there. It took me about 6 months to get listed on the first page for certain keywords but I still have a long way to go since this is a side project that I do at night.

12. samda

samda Member

For free I recommend you create a squidoo lens. Make like a review lens and promote it. Make sure you make it absolutely with no sales pitch. Just make the review look like that one from an honest customer. Promote it using SEO and you will find the results.

Sam