Am I doing this right?

Discussion in 'Profit Lance' started by fireman5214, May 9, 2009.

1. fireman5214

fireman5214 New Member

I have a question about reading duckbirds post.... I am a member of profit lance and use clickbank.com. I was wondering if I am doing the hoplinks right. I just get a product I want to promote, make the hoplink with my name on it and copy and paste it to my blog or website as a link. When people actually buy the product I get the percentage of the sale of that product listed on clickbank? If what I am doing is correct, why am I not making any profits through the clickbank since February after promoting the products. What other ways can I advertise my products or get onto a search engine.
  2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Have you checked to make sure you are actually getting the clicks? Like for instance, click on your own hoplink for one of the products you are promoting and click thru to the payment page, scroll down to the bottom where it says - affiliate=*** if your nickname is there, then you are okay on that part....

As far as marketing - there are so many ways to market things online... I am personally a fan of SBI which is a program that will help you learn the ins and outs of seo and getting found thru search engines, as you build your website... but I also use free methods such as blogs, squidoo and article writing...

Some products are harder to market than others.... wah stuff seems to be the some of the hardest... [​IMG]
  3. jaesun16

jaesun16 New Member

Try some free traffic exchange site~

It really help you boost traffic but, not much expected sales!

If you really want make sale, Use Google adwords !

It costs money, but same time you can expect many visitors and,

sales!

Good luck to your business~

Happy day~^^[​IMG]
  4. fireman5214

fireman5214 New Member

mountainmom5: Have you checked to make sure you are actually getting the clicks? Like for instance, click on your own hoplink for one of the products you are promoting and click thru to the payment page, scroll down to the bottom where it says - affiliate=*** if your nickname is there, then you are okay on that part....
    Yes they do come up with my clickbank screenname and I am trying to find good products to sell on clickbank but i cant find good electronics or anything like that.
  5. makemoneyonline

makemoneyonline New Member

What do you mean you can't find any good electronics? Can we see one of your blogs so we can help you out?
  6. 040107

040107 Member

It would help if you let tell us what you've been doing so far.[​IMG]
  7. fireman5214

fireman5214 New Member

well mainly what i meant by cant find good electronics is like, Digital cameras, hdtvs etc. All I have found were books to sell. I am have setup a website, unsure if i can post it in the message but here it goes... www.greenmovement.110mb.com and it is basically gonig to be setup with hoplinks for going green and about gonig green, with solar energy wind etc recycling, and organic foods. I am going to try and firgure out how to get it on google, msn, yahoo, ask etc for free im not sure if that is possible. i was thinking of creating a mysace for it as it would come up fast as I just type in any info about me and my myspace pops up. Any ideas?
  8. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

fireman5214: Yes they do come up with my clickbank screenname and I am trying to find good products to sell on clickbank but i cant find good electronics or anything like that.

Have you cheked out shareasale and commission junction? Clickbank has mostly eproducts (ebook stuff) while CJ and shareasale have ALL kinds of stuff...
  9. fireman5214

fireman5214 New Member

no i didnt because i never heard of them, and they were not mentioned with profit lance but i am guesing its ok to use them as well?
  10. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Fireman,

I agree with M5, you can join CJ (Commission Junction - a huge affiliate network with lots of big name advertisers. Several of them have electronic goods.) and Shareasale.

Many companies now have affiliate programs. Clickbank is for digital products - software, ebooks, etc...

I belong to several affiliate programs and I recommend that for most affiliates.

~Newbie Shield~
  11. fireman5214

fireman5214 New Member

ok thanks to both you, mountainmom and newbie shield, i have joined in with commission junction and i was thinking about joining the shareasale but they are not accredited witht he BBB so is that safe or not? I am not sure if i am doing the cj site right as well. i applied to promote products (5 so far) and i got one reply back and I think i just install the link on my website as like i do with clickbank... right?
  12. Newbie Shield

fireman5214: i was thinking about joining the shareasale but they are not accredited witht he BBB so is that safe or not?
    Hi Fireman,

Yes, Shareasale has a good reputation. A BBB endorsement is a plus but not every legit site has one. I wouldn't let the lack of endorsement be a deciding factor unless you spot some fishy looking things on the site or hear bad rumors.

fireman5214: I think i just install the link on my website as like i do with clickbank... right?
    Though there may be some minor differences in the details, all affiliate programs and affiliate links work pretty much the same, yes.

~Newbie Shield~
  13. 040107

040107 Member

Besides, BBB accreditation is hogwash. It's basically a revenue stream
    for the BBB. Just about any business can get accredited by paying a
    fee.
  14. molinatore

molinatore New Member

Hi,..mountainmom5,..just want to ask you about the links you create in blogger,..how do you create those nice links you can click on?
  15. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

I just typed into google electronic affiliate programs and there are tons of them! I have found the sky is the limit to affiliate programs. Its amazing. I am even an affiliate for Match.com. lol.
  16. Newbie Shield

robinincarolina: I have found the sky is the limit to affiliate programs.
    Hi Robin,

Many companies are now offering affiliate programs. It's free marketing for them and commissions for us. Everyone walks away happy [​IMG]

~Newbie Shield~