Am new

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by mimi, May 3, 2008.

1. mimi

mimi New Member

I just started at West and was doing my training on DR instead of VM, I think I did that accidentally, so I called my PAL she asked me to resign from DR skill to enable me pick VM, she worked me through it, but at the end I could not pick VM skill or any other skill.
    I call HR, they said I was misled, now I have no skill to train on, am so worried.
    Has this ever happen to anyone
  2. rsoler

rsoler New Member

Mimi,

Did you get the Pal's name if you did you should dispute it further send an email to HR and explain what happened in detail. I mean it doesn't hurt to take it further and voice your situation. If you didn't get the pal's name then it would be I THINK quite difficult to dispute. By the way, yes is true you were mislead there is no way you can pick up a skill after you have dropped a skill. West will send you an invitation to select one/more skills to select. I'm sorry this happened to you that is totally unacceptable. I hope you got the pals name that would really help you.
    RO
  3. mimi

mimi New Member

Thanks RO
    I wish I did, I have two names at the top of my head but I dont want to pick one when am not sure, i hope God will help me through because I waited for 4months to get this job, I will wait for an invitation hopefully I wont wait forever.
  4. vagabond

vagabond New Member

Mimi,
    Did you look at your training? you may still be able to train on DR if your time has not expired, the way I understood it, even if you resign if you still have training time left you can withdraw your resignation and keep training. Its worth a try. You have to double check even if a pal tells you something, some of them will tell you anything.
  5. mimi

mimi New Member

Thanks vagabond
    I will give that a try too.
  6. rsoler

rsoler New Member

vagabond,

How do you withdraw from a resignation? I have been with west for over 1yr and never heard of that?
    RO
  7. rsoler

rsoler New Member

vagabond,

As far as I've been told once you resign from the skill that's it?
    RO
  8. rosielopey

rosielopey New Member

If you put the 2 weeks notice in the resignation for the skill you have the option of taking back the resignation. If you put the effective date as of immediately you can't. I know when I originally resigned from Dr I put in two weeks but they take all your hours away, so after a week I went ahead and cancelled the resignation, then I got fed up so I went ahead and resigned the Dr skill immediately. Now my status is terminated, elegible for rehire what ever that means. I don't want to ever do DR again. Don't get me wrong I don't mind upsells but I did an account that had 8 upsells then two apo's for gift cards, and the person on the other end of the line finally hung up on me and that is when I said I had enough.
    I have started the arise process but also will do the ACD training on the 17th. I forgot, how many days is act training? They have got a couple of huge pledges coming up, might as well make a little money for the time being.
  9. rsoler

rsoler New Member

rosielopey,

I also started the arise I'm doing the skills assessment right now. I WANT several clients I KNOW[​IMG] is going to be costly. but in the long run I'm thinking I will always have hrs to select when having 2or more clients. Let me know how it goes for you with arise?

RO
  10. vagabond

vagabond New Member

RO,
    Although I have never done it, the way it was explained in training was as long as you hadn't reached your last day you were scheduled to work, or as long as your training hadn't expired you could withdraw your resignation.
    Are you still doing pro-flowers?
    Vicky
  11. rsoler

rsoler New Member

Vagabond,

Oh! that's good to know I was never told that...I COULD of kept a skill that i resigned from back then and pals never said anything to me. wow! GUESS we learn something everytime[​IMG] thanks for nfo...and yes i'm still with proflowers the bonuses..TOO bad it only temporarily[​IMG] they are offering are really good how about you? how are you doing with yours? I am also doing the arise admission process. I'm willing to pay whatever it is[​IMG] because i want to buy a few clients so i will always have hrs to work steady.
    RO
  12. rsoler

rsoler New Member

vagabond,

I meant to say the bonuse/pay rate are really good![​IMG]
  13. rsoler

rsoler New Member

I mean bonuses[​IMG] finally got it right![​IMG]
  14. vagabond

vagabond New Member

RO,
    Yes I am still doing proflowers also, it is easy when people know what they want, but I am not too good at finding it when they can't remember where they saw it. I think my ALC is way too high, I had one call that was 22 minutes, of course, he did place three separate orders but I have a feeling they are going to frown on that long of a call. I was looking at all of the trades and I can't figure out what the ones listed with no per minute pay are, what does that mean?
  15. rsoler

rsoler New Member

vagabond,

Yeah, I know I've been getting ALC high too. When People place multi orders it does take long for me to complete the ordr...and I don't know why some intervals show blank either? I don't think they will hold it against us considering, we are new with this skill. I THINK we are doing average for beginners. HEY did you see any hrs at all posted for next week?
    RO
  16. vagabond

vagabond New Member

RO,
    I haven't seen anything at all for next week yet, not even GE so far.
    Just an e-mail saying Thurs and Fri were .25 cents per minute. I wonder what Sunday will be like, probably people complaining cause I would think it would be too late to order.
    Vicky
  17. rsoler

rsoler New Member

Vagabond,

Yeah sunday will probably be complaints[​IMG] but I'll be off![​IMG] I'm a Mom no way I WILL WORK THAT DAY![​IMG] HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! IF YOU ARE A MOM[​IMG]
    RO
  18. vagabond

vagabond New Member

RO,
    I'm a Mom to the dog if that counts, and most days to my husband.
    But I thought about working a small shift on Sunday just to see what it was like, then again I may be sorry I got myself into it once it starts.
    Did you pick up a ton of hours for the week like they are encouraging? From looking at all the trades it looks like a lot of people bit off more than they could chew.
    HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!! HOPE YOU GET A DAY OF REST.
    Vicky
  19. rsoler

rsoler New Member

Vicky,

Thanks yes I will rest on sunday with a corona/lime barbecuing on my backyard[​IMG] after all these hrs working this week. I'm really going to enjoy my corona[​IMG] and i know what you mean i have my doggies/husband and son and believe me my doggies give me more trouble. I'm the only mom they knw have raised them since, they were puppies i love dogs.
    and well, yes i picked up 58hrs from mon-sat ouch but i know the money will be good.
    RO
  20. vagabond

vagabond New Member

RO,
    You need a day off after that many hours. You can kick back Sunday and think about that nice BIG check. Honestly I think I would put up with less from a child than I do the dog, he really has me trained well, that sad little face gets me every time.
    Have a great time Sunday, drink one for me.
    Vicky