Amazon Affiliate program

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Lauram, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Lauram

Lauram New Member

Hi there,
    I'm very new to this business and had a question (well, I have many, but one right now!)
    If I wanted to add a link to a book I talk about on my Blog, how do I find out if there is an affiliate program or not...I guess I would be linking to Amazon?? If I link, I may as well try to get paid for it!!
    Hope this makes sense...
    Thanks so much!

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Usually if it is a hard copy then Amazon is the place to link to and if it is in ebook form then you might want to check if it is listed at Clickbank or Linkshare or some place like that.

But you are right! Every penny counts.[​IMG]

3. Lauram

Lauram New Member

Thank you, Mountainmom5, I know I need to do some more research, but, with Amazon, do you need to find books that have an affiliate program, or do you just sign up with Amazon? Like Clickbank?
    And, thank you for the idea for Linkshare...I will have to look into that as well.....
    Oh sooooo much to learn!!! [​IMG]

4. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I know and you will never quit learning! What fun.[​IMG]

With Amazon, yes, you just sign up for an account ( a seller account) and then you will be able to link to whatver you want to on there. Not as high commissions as Clickbank, but still a place to make some money.[​IMG]

5. Lauram

Lauram New Member

Thank you, I've signed up...will see what happens!

6. neonguy528

neonguy528 New Member

I would stick to the main affiliates. Adsense, Amazon, CJ, Shopzilla, Digital River. There could be others I missed.

7. Lauram

Lauram New Member

neonguy528: I would stick to the main affiliates. Adsense, Amazon, CJ, Shopzilla, Digital River. There could be others I missed.
    Thank you, I'll check into those, when I have a few spare minutes....lol!
    So much to check into when you're just starting out, but the experience on this forum is a great resource! Wished I had come across this forum when I first started out....better late, than never!