Amazon.com Affiliate Program for your website?

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by johbasetow, Apr 28, 2008.

1. johbasetow

johbasetow New Member

Has anyone else tried this on any of their websites? I tried it for a little while but didn't seem to be getting any clicks and they have to actually buy an item to earn money, I guess it depends on what your site is about and demographic audience.

2. Casper

Casper New Member

I have a store front which is linked too Amazon but I have been having a issue in relation too there shipping policy, I posted a thread about this in the general advice section of this forum & I have posted in other forums too try & get a solution. I have absolutely no issue with the company who provided me with this business opportunity as they did a really good job with my website (Check My Sig).

They have also provided me the support when I needed it, Amazon really stuffed my marketing campaign as I live in a small rural area. So now I certainly can't say that they will ship all kinds of products across the glob because they won't.

If I was too say that they do ship everything across the world it would not only be misleading but unethical which I'm not going too do.

3. pcwork

pcwork New Member

I have tried it, not much luck. Clickbank is better

4. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

One of the problems with the Amazon affiliate program is that they only have a one day tracking cookie...

5. Casper

Casper New Member

getagrip: One of the problems with the Amazon affiliate program is that they only have a one day tracking cookie... I consider that too be issue as well but the thing I hate about Amazon is their shipping policy too international destinations, I had a business through eBiz-u but I had too cancel my account because I would not have been able too make a profit here in Australia. I was not only using free advertising on the net but I would have used local media in my area too promote the business.

I live in a remote area of Australia & that would have been my main marketing campaign, I was going too use the fact that people didn't have too travel for hours too a major regional centre just too get a particular product when they could have bought it online from my site. I even tried too find a alternative too Amazon without any success so in the end I had too cancel because I would have lost sales.

6. angel

angel New Member

Not even 1 sale. So I gave up!
    Clickbank is way easier to 'handle'.

7. jasonbow

jasonbow New Member

Clickbank by far the better affiliate program. I have just built clickbank into my sales page. It blends in well with my other 5 residual paying programs.