An article a day... who knew!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by larslarson123, Jan 11, 2009.

1. chrisbag

chrisbag New Member

Hi Lars

Thats my problem too, getting distracted that is

I need to be more in control and keep focused I think
  2. KarlFabian

KarlFabian New Member

That is a good starter goal.
    If it works for you then there is free information out there on how to write more articles in less time and more easily.
    Good Luck and writing substance.
  3. larslarson123

larslarson123 New Member

I'm noticing I don't exactly mind getting distracted sometimes... I don't have the impulse to buy everything that gets me excited, but I do make note of the strategies others are using, especially when I can't waittt to click through and read more; they must be doing something worth studying and using for my own sites.
  4. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Lars,

Nothing wrong with getting distracted when you are learning from it. Key is not to get distracted too often or for too long (subject to individual definition) else your grave stone will say:

"Died of distraction while floating around with a goofy smile while indefinitely lost in distraction land"

~Newbie Shield~
  5. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

My favorite place to get distracted is here - lol. [​IMG]

But my, I am glad I got distracted for a bit tonight - just got done writing and posting another article and wishing I had just a tad bit more time but I think one of my goals for this year is gonna be to try to narrow down what is the most productive for me as far as marketing methods and then come up with a clearly defined goal as to what I need to do every day to get done what I want to every week...

I am getting it narrowed down a bit more but I still get waaay too distracted when I hit the computer at night - which is my 'puter time'...

Like tonight it is almost delicious - the kids are ALL four quieted down and either sleeping or reading, the fire is crackling....and I can actually think thru an entire sentence uninterupted... [​IMG]
  6. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

mountainmom5: Like tonight it is almost delicious - the kids are ALL four quieted down and either sleeping or reading, the fire is crackling....

Wow! I envy you [​IMG] I would definitely like to lead a life like that in woods.
  7. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

So, are you up to par or are you falling behind? Right now you should be at 27 articles. If not, GET BUSY! [​IMG]
  8. time2livelife

time2livelife New Member

Just on the topic of articles, realistically how many can you actually submit to the article directories if you only have one or two sites?
    Or do you mean submit an article a day to different article engines (Goarticles, ezine etc)

Sorry, I'm a bit lost when it comes to this article submission.
    I would gladly write an article a day but I just didn't think you could submit multiple articles about 1 or 2 websites,

Could someone clarify for me please?

Sorry if this seems to be a dumb question.

Time.
  9. LauraLicata

LauraLicata New Member

time2livelife: Just on the topic of articles, realistically how many can you actually submit to the article directories if you only have one or two sites?
    Or do you mean submit an article a day to different article engines (Goarticles, ezine etc)

Sorry, I'm a bit lost when it comes to this article submission.
    I would gladly write an article a day but I just didn't think you could submit multiple articles about 1 or 2 websites,

Could someone clarify for me please?

Sorry if this seems to be a dumb question.

Time.

Hi Time,

The idea is to write multiple articles to submit to ezines to increase your backlinks. That is fine if you have 2 websites because you can only put 2 URLs in your resource box.

The more articles submitted to ezines, the more backlinks and the more traffic eventually.

The best part is that its free unless you use an article submitter and then its a little more than free. Not much more though!

Take care,

Laura
  10. time2livelife

time2livelife New Member

Thanks for the reply.
    I just didn't want to start writing article after article and end up getting kicked off EZines.

I will however resubmit my articles to different directories and see what happens,

Thanks again,

Time.
  11. brandon123

brandon123 New Member

larslarson123: My new year's resolution is to write at least one article a day to promote my websites.

Hey, this is a good strategy. It will definitely build you some quality backlinks and get a lot of traffic to your website. Good luck and stay determined.

Brandon
  12. bdkfreedom

bdkfreedom New Member

Tons of great info for this chat! I just started writing articles this past week and have been getting many more views to my sites! I too believe that writing 1-2 articles a day to targeted audiences about a niche out there, they will come flocking to my sites! PROGRESS!
  13. HobbiesMann

HobbiesMann New Member

Publishing articles on places like EzineArticles can certainly increase your web site traffic. It works for me but I can't seem to find the time to create an article a day.

I have 20 blogs on the go and just getting content on them every day or so keeps me pretty busy.

I am trying to create a few blog posts at a time for each blog so that I can put them in the que to have them posted a couple days a part.

I am hoping that will work better for me. As it is I might get an article published every month or so. Even at that I see an increase in traffic so I am sure that my time would be well spent creating articles to publish.
  14. larslarson123

larslarson123 New Member

I have been submitting to many of the top Google and Alexa rated article directories.

You caught me getagrip! lol i should be at 32 and sadly i've only written 29.. Nice thing is, when I have a day off it's not hard at all to toss in a second one, so I hope I keep up!

Realistically, I'm not too worried about the rules, but by making myself feel guilty about skipping a day, I crank out about 1000 percent of what I would if I didn't have a goal.
  15. PavelBecker

PavelBecker New Member

Article submission is a very good tool to generate traffic to your website, but it's important to understand that your final goal is to dominate the key word and therefore to get eventually to the first page of Google organically.

First of all, to get to the first page of Google you can much faster (my normal results are 1-2 days) with video submission. (I have to disclose that it would be a long tail key word for the niche with about a half of a million search results, but again, isn't it what we all are trying to achieve?)
    That's why I use article submission only as a "supplemental" tool for my marketing.

But if you want to focus on article submission I think it's imperative that you use a software to actually submit them. How many submissions per day can you accomplish manually? A hundred? Any kind of submission software can make a few thousand submissions instantly. Google is robot, it's sympathy is based on the statistic, not something else, so you can gain it's love only by having a gazillion of submissions with a gazillion of back-links. (It has a soft spot for the video files and pod casts, apparently, so it takes only a few dozens of those to get to the first page.)

Another problem would be a duplicate content issue.
    I think it's proven by now that the same article with the same resource box submitted 100 times is not going to generate 100 back-links for you, for sure not with Google.

For that reason I'm using the software that generates a unique version of each article for each submission, plus the resource box gets altered automatically every time as well. In this case the duplicate content issue is not being triggered and the amount of quality back-links is much higher with the same original article.

You can disregard all this if you just enjoy expressing yourself through your articles, but for me - I am really frightened that this Internet marketing thing will become just another full-time occupation of mine, which I don't need.
    That's why I'm trying to automate everything and delegate as much as possible.
  16. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

It can be pretty easy to write articles once you start and see that it's not difficult. Some will bring more traffic than other, but you want to just keep the flow going some kind of way. One article a day is very nice. But a mixture is good, I would suggest adding video and forum post, with links back to your site, blog, video, what have you.

For the average person to succeed in their online business it takes consistency and dedication. One's retirement account is not built up in a day, don't expect the same with your online business pursuits.

But a guy like me really loves effective free advertising sources to generate free cash online. Who would have thought the internet could manifest such possibilities that it has.
  17. newbiz02

newbiz02 New Member

man, its not easy to write 1 article a day. Thats where outsourcing comes in.
    There is only so much you can know about a certain product.
  18. larslarson123

larslarson123 New Member

I don't have the capabilities for video at this time, but I do try to mix articles and forums every day.

newbiz02: There is only so much you can know about a certain product.
    The thing is, I'm writing about anything and everything that vaguely applies to my website, which is a general work-at-home reviews site. So, I don't need to write about a single product at all; it'll take a long time to run out of things to research.

So, say you make it to the top with video submission. Does anyone know if you make more sales through videos than articles if they get the same exposure? Sometimes I lose patience with videos, maybe just me.
  19. mr127500

mr127500 New Member

good thread folks. here is my system, maybe it will help. always start with the longtailed keyword search. from there write the article on a wordpad and keywords as well. I submit to ezine first and then use an article submitter to get it out to all the others at about 50 sites a day. from there, i take it and throw it into a cue prompter online and make a quick video and then submit it through aa video submitter wihich puts it on all the major sites. and if you want, throw it on your blog or make a squidoo page. this way you have efficively used your research time and will definitly dominate that keyword. hope this helps, i show people how to do all this and it definitly works. contact me if you want to know which sites we use to distribute
  20. PavelBecker

PavelBecker New Member

larslarson123: I don't have the capabilities for video at this time, but I do try to mix articles and forums every day.

Lars,

I'm not sure what you mean, but I've discovered that not everybody realizes that "video" does not necessarily mean an actual video that was shot with a video camera. It can be a slide show as well. That's why I refer to them as "video files" with my guys. What you do is - you make a PowerPoint presentation using either only text frames or text frames and pictures (you can use your own and you can also find them for free on the net, google "royalty free pictures" or "...photos"). Then you save the slide show as JPEG format and it's going to be saved as a bunch of separate slides. After that you go to MovieMaker and put all your pictures into a movie. You can add music or your own voice-over after that and that would be a movie as well, just without any video equipment.

Pavel