An Awesome Free Flash Website Builder

Discussion in 'Web Design and Hosting' started by VictoriaNTC, Jan 6, 2010.

1. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

A friend of mine sent this to me, and I wish to share with you.

Of course, this is not an affiliate link.

www.wix.com

This is a great place to showcase your work!

The tools these days are amazing!
    Have fun and enjoy!
    Victoria

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Does anyone have any experience to share with Wix? Any pros or cons? Am particularly curious on the loading time....

3. sequencehosting

sequencehosting New Member

Although I have never used Wix before I have read many positive reviews about it. You may as well give it a try since it's free.

Jack

4. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

I have not had a chance to play with it yet.

When I do, I will certainly report back[​IMG]

Victoria

5. carterstory

carterstory New Member

I've always advised people to shy away from these types of page builders. Ther are some issues that I have

1. Can't bring your own HTML code
    2. Can't really migrate to another server / host

I had a co worker who does some part time photography say she tried wiwx and it was a total cluster mess.

It's really one of those things to put together for small time shop information, or to toss up some family photos etc

6. bosco

bosco New Member

carterstory: I've always advised people to shy away from these types of page builders. Ther are some issues that I have

1. Can't bring your own HTML code
    2. Can't really migrate to another server / host

I had a co worker who does some part time photography say she tried wiwx and it was a total cluster mess.

It's really one of those things to put together for small time shop information, or to toss up some family photos etc

I could not have said it any better given a year to try. Very succinct, caterstory.

Better to use a free ftp client like the firefox add-on, fireFTP in tandem with a basic free html editor like Kompozer. You can actually publish from Kompozer, but only simple stuff, so that's why you should use it in tandem with an ftp client.

7. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

One should probably never look to build a serious marketing website for longevity with a free website.

Websites, autoresponders, and other essential marketing tools are the keys to a prosperous online marketing. I would not play around with them for long term. Maybe for starters.

8. sarahjj

sarahjj New Member

Online builders are a good place to start. And I know this will annoy, but there are builders out there that make pretty damn good websites. But Wix, no way. I used Wix and it was TERRIBLE! The builder was slow, unreliable which was mirrored by the support service. Plus its not HTML compatible so annoying!! Before I got into CSS I used Cubender. Its SOO much better than Wix, though not as well known. I believe its pretty new. It's a Flash website builder that is also HTML compatible, and it runs more simple and smoother than Wix.