Andy's plea for help

Discussion in 'ASD - Ad Surf Daily' started by JoeBlow, Aug 6, 2008.

1. JoeBlow

JoeBlow New Member

On last nights call, Andy asked for help from those who have sold items through their websites to email or fax that info.

I thought he wasn't allowed to open emails?

What about all those who did not have real businesses in the ad rotation? I wonder how many of those there are?

Just some thoughts.

2. blessings2you

blessings2you New Member

Right after Andy asked for help from us for testimonials via email or fax, he said right now he can't open any emails, but to wait a couple days to send them in. He said on the call that he can't get on his computer right now.

3. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

He may not be able to open emails, But his Attorney should be able to collect any evidence/data to support their case.

I think he may not remember the email address to tell us to where to send in supporting emails to?

These emails are simply "eyewitness testimonies" that will be used as "evidence" to support ASD's Case that it was truely an advertising business and that advertisers made money through this ASD "Social Marketing Network" Concept.

It needs to Counter the Government's own "Eyewitness testimonies" from their Agents who became "members" to collect Data to discredit ASD.

Quite Frankly, if you read the "Eyewitness testimony" of the Government's TFA agents...the only data they will present would be the ones that Damn ASD...

That's why I believe we are hearing ONLY one side of the story at this time...

Sure Andy may be Completely 100% guilty, but the fair thing to do is to read ASD's Side of the story before giving the Verdict.

I sure don't want a Juror in Trial to Stand Up and say "GUILTY" after hearing the Plaintiff's Presentation and BEFORE hearing the Defendant's Presentation.

It's hard Not to be UNBIASED, but I suppose that's why ASD members probably won't be on the Jury!

4. JoeBlow

JoeBlow New Member

Except that you and I both know that there is a large majority of people who signed up and bought ad packages who did not have a business to advertise. Don't you think the prosecutors will be able to find that number out?

For ASD's sake, there better be more people who had businesses to advertise than not. I don't know if an ASD recruiting website will count for a legitimate business or not.

5. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

JoeBlow: Except that you and I both know that there is a large majority of people who signed up and bought ad packages who did not have a business to advertise. Don't you think the prosecutors will be able to find that number out?

There are plenty of those folks. And there are plenty of folks I'm sure who have real businesses who made money.

I think though the question that will be brought up is an analogy:

Let's say if you paid money to the Newspaper to Advertise some "junk" or just Promote a Website, does that mean the newspaper is Guilty of not running a true advertising business? If you purchase advertising space from a newspaper or a radio spot on the radio and promoted something other than a "profit making business", would that disqualify the radio or newspaper as Illegal or Illegitimate?

I didn't have a business to promote. I didn't sell anything. I promoted a Charity that I go twice a year to do Medical Missions Work with. I joined ASD to promote a Charitable Organization - does that disqualify ASD?

That same argument would be brought up for those who promoted something other than a "profit making business".

Who knows what the real answer is...except the Jury of 12 people!

6. JoeBlow

JoeBlow New Member

But, why in the world would I pay money to advertise nothing in a newspaper? And a newspaper is not promising to pay me money to advertise in their newspaper.

It's not an accurate analogy.

I think it is great that you promoted a charity, and I hope that they charity did benefit from it.[​IMG]

7. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

The Charity had an additional 100 "hits" a day when I started to promote it!

8. llperch

llperch New Member

I didn't see this posted, but Rayda posted this email address to send in results of your website being on the ASD site.

I'm not sure if it works now, but you can give it a try. I sent my results in.

[email protected]

9. WhiteSox

WhiteSox New Member

I think the main issue here is the fact that there isn't any real income stream other than new members. It's the ponzi problem that is bringing it down. All the promises of the "extra" income streams were all lies it seems. We all know that without that it wouldn't work and would be indeed a ponzi. We all chose to believe the hype of all these things happening soon that will bring all this extra money in to support the system. In Miami they had a guy go up and speak showing the millions of dollors that ASD would be getting advertising banners on the ASD site and for affect he started crying at the end to show how caring he was.

Bottom line here is that there never were all these lawyers behind us, compliance guy that obviously wasn't what he said he was, Andy with a checkered past, withdrawing ASD money for personal purchases, probable major amount of missing money if all they found was $53 million, continued lies that they didn't know what what going on when we all knew what was happening yesterday morning.

Not sure but isn't this worthy of major prison time for many if it is proven that they all lied to decieve for major profit? I think most of us feel pretty foolish now riding the Andy that was portrayed and wanted to believe this was a "unique" opportunity and nothing like the other surf programs. Now a lot of us are grasping at anything to try and salvage money and ridicule for being so naive. I guess I'll hold out a 2% chance the case against ASD is all trumped up and ASD will be the most formidable advertising company on the planet. Very hard at this stage to feel anything positive about what is happening.

10. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

$51,000 in Jewelry in One day! I wonder what he purchased?

11. kec

kec New Member

Re: White sox entry:
    I do think that this point is not being empahasized enough. There was a starting point to ASD. The starting point is a man, a man named Andy, a man that had us all believe he was a successful businessman, a man that told members he rec'd an award from the Pres of the USA, a man that has committed a prior fraud felony, a man that let his "Director' and attorney lie on a video that this scheme was on the up and up when it turns out the attorney has a vested interest in asd as a director and has no office or employees after all....

This man ... what was his intention just from what is known as fact thus far?

This man, folks, did not have pure intentions. He has lied repeatedly and this man,-cannot be trusted...

The ASd concept may be awesome, and I truly wanted my 2k investment to flourish and I wanted this to be real too!!!

But dishonesty started a dishonest business...so maybe one day a similiar business can be started by someone who can actually manage it correctly and prevent all the problems asd has been plagued with...and never should have been.

Thats my 2 cents.

12. alasycia

alasycia New Member

The ASd concept may be awesome, and I truly wanted my 2k investment to flourish and I wanted this to be real too!!!

So all of a sudden you have made investments??

Iggy is 100% right. Advertising is just that - whether you advertise for profit for your business, or to make your charity known or your opinion etc - anything else. Newspapers accept advertising - they do not tell people they have to advertise for profit. Get realistic. Go and read a newspaper at Christmas time or election time.

Apart from my business advertising, I advertise a charity on the Spanish National Internet - to publicise a fair - is that wrong or unacceptable too? The AG knocks some of the "internet businesses" on the Site - so now selling "jungle juice" is not a business either. HYIPs are known on and offline. So they dont count if they are advertised online? Only in the papers?

And as they want the money off ASD for money laundering - this has to be a bad joke.

13. vikingfan

vikingfan New Member

I think a strong defense could be made about the advertising on ASD. I think a lot of people truly signed up to get exposure for their website and of course the rebates. I do know a lot of people that sold some product on ASD. I don't think the government should decide whether it's a good form of advertising or not. That is not their place.

In this case it is not worth arguing in the court of law because ASD was not run properly and Andy lied and deceived members about his past. I think his past is actually what got the feds involved in the first place. They knew he was up to no good and put a stop to it. I doubt ASD would be shut down right now if the red flags didn't come up with Andy.

14. nkelly

nkelly New Member

iggyigette: I didn't have a business to promote. I didn't sell anything. I promoted a Charity that I go twice a year to do Medical Missions Work with. I joined ASD to promote a Charitable Organization - does that disqualify ASD?

That same argument would be brought up for those who promoted something other than a "profit making business".

Who knows what the real answer is...except the Jury of 12 people!
    WhiteSox: I think the main issue here is the fact that there isn't any real income stream other than new members. It's the ponzi problem that is bringing it down. All the promises of the "extra" income streams were all lies it seems. We all know that without that it wouldn't work and would be indeed a ponzi. We all chose to believe the hype of all these things happening soon that will bring all this extra money in to support the system. In Miami they had a guy go up and speak showing the millions of dollors that ASD would be getting advertising banners on the ASD site and for affect he started crying at the end to show how caring he was.
    vikingfan: I think a strong defense could be made about the advertising on ASD. I think a lot of people truly signed up to get exposure for their website and of course the rebates. I do know a lot of people that sold some product on ASD. I don't think the government should decide whether it's a good form of advertising or not. That is not their place.

I saw a great increase in traffic to my web site and I even wrote a testimonial to ASD to that effect. Nobody can make you use what you buy! They sold ad packages. No dispute there. They also paid you back more than you paid them.. from the proceeds of new ad pack sales ONLY...therein lies the problem! P O N Z I.

15. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

nkelly: .. from the proceeds of new ad pack sales ONLY...therein lies the problem! P O N Z I.

Yes I am waiting to see how ASD answer this Complaint.

They may refer to the "Legality Statement" that the Rebates are not "Guaranteed" and serves as a function of a "Loss Leader" program.

Who knows...will be interesting to see their argument

16. ptaylor

ptaylor New Member

I agree that the advertising isn't the main problem. It's the fact that we all bought ad packages and expected to get back 125% in rebates. Along with all of the matching funds that asd was supposedly giving out. It really doesn't make sense when you think about it.

I just can't believe that Andy really thought that he would get away with this. Did he think nobody would ever notice? or check up on facts?

17. teydean

teydean New Member

ptaylor: I just can't believe that Andy really thought that he would get away with this. Did he think nobody would ever notice? or check up on facts?

Are we ruling out the possibility that Andy actually believed what he was doing was legal?

18. nkelly

nkelly New Member

teydean: Are we ruling out the possibility that Andy actually believed what he was doing was legal?
    I like to think that Andy really thought he had a good loophole.

19. antwan

antwan New Member

I'm sure in Andy's mind he justified what he was doing was legal. Who knows what he was thinking when he started this but one thing is certain, his background and past was covered with lies.....obviously for good reasons on his part. Believe me, I Googled, researched, looked and looked for any improprieties on this guy and nothing came up. Rest assured, if I would have discovered his fraud and conviction charges in Alabama, there's no way I would have joined this company. The story they concocted and shared with everyone cannot even be confirmed. The guy has always been a conman.

20. kec

kec New Member

KEC wrote:

alasycia:
    So all of a sudden you have made investments??

Iggy is 100% right. Advertising is just that - whether you advertise for profit for your business, or to make your charity known or your opinion etc - anything else. Newspapers accept advertising - they do not tell people they have to advertise for profit. Get realistic. Go and read a newspaper at Christmas time or election time.

Apart from my business advertising, I advertise a charity on the Spanish National Internet - to publicise a fair - is that wrong or unacceptable too? The AG knocks some of the "internet businesses" on the Site - so now selling "jungle juice" is not a business either. HYIPs are known on and offline. So they dont count if they are advertised online? Only in the papers?

And as they want the money off ASD for money laundering - this has to be a bad joke.

I am not following what you mean about what I wrote. Any money I put in towards ads of any type is an investment to me. So I dont think I am disagreeing with you...not sure what your message is.