Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by janice, Aug 22, 2009.
It is a company that does cell phone advertising, but it cost
around $2500 to get started!
I wouldn't do it if I were you. For one, I couldn't really find any information on it. Two, I've seen that name a few times on the scams.com forums. Plus, that's an awful lot of money to put at risk if you are unsure about this company!
What do you mean by cell phone advertising though? Like text messages? Because those are rarely effective, just spammy.
"ZoomBroadcast is building a world wide Location-based Bluetooth
advertising network that delivers advertising to consumers via
their Cell phones."
[Post edited - Admin]
Here are the problems I see with ZoomBroadcast.
1. Price $2600 or $3600. The equipment probably actually worth about 5-10% of that.
2. Location, Location, Location. The broadcast range is about 300 ft. If you don't have thousands or tens of thousands of people passing within 300 feet your location every hour no ads are going to get served. Plus I am guessing that the real range is a lot less in real world environments where there are walls.
3. They have to have the bluetooth on. If they don't have a bluetooth in their ear it is probably off to preserve the battery life.
4. I wouldn't count on anybody actually opting in.
5. There is little or no real information on advertiser pricing. I would be very surprised if the real rates paid by advertisers were more than a couple of pennies.
6. No way for advertisers to track served ads. Expect a lot of chargebacks if you actually sold any ads.
7. No Disclosures. This is being marketed as a business opportunity and it is my understanding that any business opportunity costing more than $500 requires a long form disclosure.
8. I don't see any information for advertisers. No rate card or a link to a site to buy advertising. How can they sell advertising for you with out having an easy way for advertisers to buy ads.
9. No information about the people behind the business. There are more scams today than ever before so you have to check out the people behind the business. Thanks to the internet it is pretty easy to find out if the guy behind the business is a felon.
The Proximity Marketing business model is very attractive when one considers how easy it is to promote a product or service in your local area. Certainly having your own equipment is beneficial, however you must have good equipment. Using the right equipment you can not only promote your own offers, but also provide paid advertising services to others. The most versatile system to buy is Mobile rated equipment and the best will cost you less than $1000. We are the manufacturers of the Zero range of proximity marketing systems and we produce high quality systems especially for SOHO. Sorry about the plug, but I just want to point out that you shouldn't be spending thousands of dollars to buy quality proximity marketing equipment. If you would like further information about proximity marketing and how it could benefit you, please don't hesitate to contact me and I would be happy to explain in detail with no obligations whatsoever.
Separate names with a comma.