any free image image programs?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Hosting' started by nickycash, Mar 19, 2008.

1. nickycash

nickycash New Member

Hey, I need to make some banners and such for a website I am working on. I am looking for something not to difficult t figure out but free.(lol if such a program exsist )
  2. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

3. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

I can vouch for this one. One of my x programming instructors recommended that to me while I was working on my first Information Technology degree.

I have some additional freebie links if you follow my sig link (is it okay to post that Vishal? If not just edit it out). Just read a ways down. There are three spread out in all. One is specifically for banners and buttons.

G1 Vishal [​IMG]

~Newbie Shield~
  4. Marktech

Marktech Member

Here's another - try the photo's there are totally free.
  5. zeropoint

zeropoint New Member

Just having checked out "HTML Squidoo Tricks" and "Paint.Net" and "" thanks guys. Very nice!
  6. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Thanks - looks like a pretty useful tool!
  7. Casper

Casper New Member

If you want too find a good range of free image software go too: they have heaps of stuff on their.
  8. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Do you know of any good free software for modifying PSD files
  9. simapr

simapr Member

I like I have struggled trying to get pictures on my lens (page), but this is very easy. If I can do it, anybody can.

Good Luck[​IMG]
  10. lemonseahorse

lemonseahorse New Member

Does anyone have info on putting up a Blog ?
  11. Sonni

Sonni New Member

There is a site called ninjablogsetup, installs wordpress with plug ins free if you sign up under his link with choice of several web host. Worth checking out. Just google ninjablogsetup, his name is Joel.
  12. gradyp

gradyp New Member

I make a lot of my web site images using the open source program GIMP. It is available on multiple platforms, including nearly all versions of MS Windows, Apple Macs, and Linux. The interface takes a little getting used to, but it is a very powerful program. I think it can at least read PSD files and probably can save to them, though I'm not sure.

The "main" GIMP window, which houses the various tools, has some tools to create buttons for web pages, among other things, in the Xtns menu. These can make creating buttons very easy, or you can make them in other ways, if you choose. It's a pretty powerful program. I've used it for a few years to edit photos and make other images for my web pages.

It does have a few flaws, but it is a free program