Any idea how to promote a business and get lots of traffic?

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by ed2010, Jan 9, 2010.

1. ed2010

ed2010 New Member

I just launched a business forum and i need to know how can i get visitors to post?

2. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Hi ed2010,

Looks like you may have gotten the Ready! Aim! Fire! sequence a little out of order.

You went... Ready! Fire! Aim? [​IMG]

But all is not lost.

Since your business is a forum, and Vishal (our forum administrator) knows a thing or two about launching and managing a successful forum, I'm sure you'll be hearing from him soon with some specific guidance.

So, standby! [​IMG]

3. Rando

Rando Guest

You really have to do your homework before you start a business venture. Yes, learn from people who are running a successful forum.
  4. residualcash

residualcash New Member

Posting in other forums.
  5. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

It is probably no different than trying to get traffic to anything else.

Write articles - post in other forums
  6. garygoh

garygoh New Member

Write mountainmom5: It is probably no different than trying to get traffic to anything else.

Write articles - post in other forums

I couldn't agree more with this.
  7. Mark_Worthen

Mark_Worthen New Member

As mountainmom said, use the same traffic generation strategies as you would for any website.

Some specific suggestions:

1) Change your sig file on this forum (and others) to something like, "New Home Business Forum - Ask Questions, Get Answers!" When I see "POST YOUR BUSINESS FOR FREE" I think it's a free classified site, something I have no interest in. A good forum, on the other hand, is something I and other regulars here, would probably check out.

2) Be strict about moderation. Eliminate spam quickly. And expect a lot of spam.

3) As soon as you get some regular posters, ask one or two of the good ones to be moderators. You'll need the help and it's a nice reward for regular participants.

4) Study how Vishal does things here on the Work At Home Forum. I think he's one of the best admins for any forum--you can learn from him.

5) You might consider a more narrow niche for your forum. There are a lot of home business forums already.

All the Best,

8. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

I will visit [​IMG]
  9. potsyn

potsyn Guest

Promote your site with the help of the following:

social bookmarking
    press release
    online groups
    hub page
    social networking
    blog commenting
    engaging on dofollow forums
  10. marketmoney

marketmoney New Member

Promote your site with the help of the following:

(1) Facebook
    (2) Twitter
    (3) Blog
    (4) Forum
    (5) Classifieds
  11. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

It's no different if you are trying to bring in traffic to a regular website.

You can advertise on Google and Yahoo. You can write articles. You can post comments at other forums and have your forum in your signature file. I am not too sure if other forum allow you to post and have your own forum link in your signature.

If you have a list and you should, you can let your subscribers know about your forum.

12. shmeeko69

shmeeko69 Member

I see you don't have any other keywords in your title & you'll have to decide, what wording to use in order to attract new customers to your business.

If you write a few articles & have good keyword backlinks pointing to your business with new keywords in your title, you will eventually push up the rankings & therefore new organic traffic.

Mark [​IMG]
  13. vinnymatrix

vinnymatrix Guest

I use facebook, twitter, classified ads, and I had pens made to drive traffic to my business.
  14. lmiller14

lmiller14 New Member

Classified Ads
    Video (YouTube)

Good luck!
  15. milkaveronica

milkaveronica New Member

backlinks, backlinks and more backlinks and ptc sites.
  16. mattjosh

mattjosh New Member

ed2010: I just launched a business forum and i need to know how can i get visitors to post?

It seems like your forum is being spammed like crazy! You should switch to a different software fast!
  17. carsula

carsula New Member

Hi [​IMG]
    Traffic generation is a huge subject.
    Social websites seem to be the in thing at the moment.
    Article marketing can bring in traffic. Here are some that I use.
    Good Luck [​IMG]
  18. davestez

davestez New Member

Promote it through:

blog commenting
    forum posting
    social media
    socia bookmarking
  19. bobbiehovey

bobbiehovey New Member

As a few other people have posted on here, I will reiterate- do not underestimate the power of social networking! Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, LinkdIn- these are all amazing sites that allow you to connect with people very easily.
  20. sidney

sidney New Member