any west at home agents here?

Discussion in 'Work at Home Moms' started by TrudyS, Sep 16, 2007.

1. sastone

sastone New Member

I received a nice thank you email from WAH six weeks ago. Still waiting for the phone interview. Does it normlally take this long?
    My niece lives in MI, she told me about WAH, started working for them in two weeks.

2. cryst11

cryst11 New Member

I currently work for west npw and on the virgin mobile skill and i am bit confused why west started a new 1.00/ contact pay on the spectrum website? i assume so that we can move from call to call alot faster?

3. tucker6

tucker6 New Member

Hi Cryst11!

I just finished the training for Virgin Mobile and I'm waiting for my logon IDs. I'm not sure how long that will take, but I was told 3-5 days. I am really nervous because I have never done call center work before. Would you say that it's hard?

4. mdburges

mdburges New Member

Is Convergys and Service 800 good companies to work for? I am currently employed with West at Home under Virgin Mobile but I want to find another legit at home job. Thanks[​IMG]

5. gabby86

gabby86 New Member

I've been working for west for almost a year on virgin mobile I love the flexiabilty in scheduling but don't like the change to pay per contact I refuse to lower cx service just to make a buck other than that I've been very happy with west just hoping they change back to the per min vs the per contact

6. crimmys

crimmys New Member

Did anyone else get the email from the "mystery lady" about striking on virgin mobile because of the pay rate change to per call? Although I have several friends who work for West and it seems all the pay rates have dropped on west! I think a strike would be good! Wake West up to let them know it's not right to give us lower pay.

7. cebuanamom

cebuanamom New Member

hello I have a question, I applied @ west and I got an email for acceptance letter and I didn't fill it up yet since the letter provided was unreadable for me. I e-mailed the human resource and told them about it. Anyway my question is that, if I will open up an another phone line, do I have to have long distance with it? I understand that they will reroute the call to my phone , I am wondering what kind of phone should I get sine I am worried about the company will start charging for long distance? will i get billed for the calls with all that rerouting? and also, what kind of headset do you use and recommend?

8. Spicymomma72

Spicymomma72 New Member

Hi!! Congrats on your new position!! West was my very first work at home job. I was soo excited and it was the one position that introduced me to the work at home world. I later left because of a feeling of things being unorganized. Few years later I returned as an employee. It's been great and very flexible. Welcome and make the best of working from home and spending time with family. It's priceless!

Andrea

9. mjmtmd

mjmtmd New Member

I just got my acceptance letter but haven't done anything with it yet. Is West only doing "call center" type jobs right now? I don't really want to have to do that type of work. Does anyone know about data entry type jobs?

10. djdeqFL

djdeqFL New Member

I started working for West about 3 weeks ago. It's definitely not a job where you'll get rich. The first 1/2 hour was very scary but I quickly got used to it. Now I'm working 30 hours a week. What I love about it is the flexible schedule. What other job allows you to add/subtract from your schedule within the same day!

11. Scarlett2761

Scarlett2761 New Member

I'm considering West right now. Any updates lately re: this company - pros and cons? Thanks!

12. Pauletta

Pauletta New Member

I'm considering West At Home -- the pay scale/job decription as offerered by West sounds as if positions are available that don't necessarily require selling, just customer service. These postings make it sound as if commissions, bonuses, etc. are a big deal in earnings here. A guarantee of minimum wage only is frightening -- they're making a FORTUNE off agents at that or 8-9/hour; they pay no overhead, benefits, etc. How exactly do they pay and how much pay can you expect (especially in the good times - what's the most per hour possible?)
    Thank you,
    Pauletta

13. trpennington

trpennington New Member

I am starting with West today. Webinars and training for Comcast. I'm at trpennington with yahoo im if anyone wants to chat about West.

14. KMSMITH14

KMSMITH14 New Member

I would like to chat. I just finished submitting my background check. What are they looking for? Im not a criminal but my credit is not so good.

15. h3arditallb4

h3arditallb4 New Member

I submitted my payment for the background check last night. If you've done it, how long does it take to come back? They've assigned me to hsn...

16. KMSMITH14

KMSMITH14 New Member

does anyone know what they look for on the background? Is it your credit or criminal history? Im no criminal but my credit is not that great.

17. LAKIESHA1186

LAKIESHA1186 New Member

I AM GOING TO APPLY FOR WEST AT HOME, BUT ALSO WAS INTRESTED IN CALLCENTEROPTIONS.COM. I REALLY CANT AFFORD TO GET PAID PER MINUTE, SO DOES WEST AT HOME HAVE ANY JOBS THAT PAY HOURLY WHEN YOU GO ON TO PICK YOUR SHIFT, AND IS IT EASY TO GET OVERTIME OR DO YOU HAVE TO STOP AT 40HOURS? I AM HIGHLY INTRESTED BUT BEFORE I LEAVE MY JOB OF 2 YEARS, I WANT TO MAKE SURE THIS ISNT GOING TO BACKFIRE...PLEASE HELP...

18. winstonblu2

winstonblu2 New Member

West does have pay by hour call groups but they don't have set schedules. You are forced to sign up for shifts as they are posted. It's supposed to be two weeks out but you'll find shifts that are high volume or hard to fill are posted first then filler days. I prefer mon-fri 8-4. shift postings are ample on mondays then scarce till the weekend(hi-volume). I almost never meet the 20hr/wk minimum due to scarcity of hours. You can get OT but you would literally have to be available 24/7 and glued to your computer to grab every 30min increment posted. Winstonblu2

19. TChildress512

TChildress512 New Member

so many questions... i haev read all of your questions and answers but this is what i am wondering??? DO you get a regualr paycheck and do they take taxes out or do you get a 1099 at the end of the year to file your taxes? Also is there a set pay or is it all by the minute?? thanks

20. AlanWake

AlanWake New Member

Hey everyone. New guy here, recently jumped on the WAH boat. Waiting for my background check to come back. They hired me for the HSN skill. Anybody have any tips for this particular skill?