Anybody heard about Your Travel Biz opp?

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by Raequan2025, Apr 19, 2006.

1. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

YTB is a legit business.

For those in states that have laws ,
    IF any business opportunity costs more than $500 to join you have to post a huge bond
    you won't have to worry about joining or promoting YTB AND you get TWO websites one with an opportunity presentation and another a travel engine that folks can use to book travel working for YOU 24 hours a day!

The training kit is invaluable, as is the support, they have a vested interest in YOUR success as do we when you join our TravelTeam!

Good Luck and Happy travels!
  2. erictheheaven

erictheheaven New Member

May I ask for the full detail of what's inside the training kit?

What does it teach you and what have you learned so far from the training kit?
  3. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Hi erictheheaven inside the training kit you will receive details on running your business,there is marketing information, trade information, promoting your business, prospecting, getting leads,
    $6,000 Guarantee information. And so much more.

I would be happy to talk with you go to my site for more info.
    What is your level of marketing knowledge?
    What income are you wanting to earn?

The group I am with hold meetings for us to bring prospects and get all their ques answered. There are calls that will give you an overview of the business go to my website.
  4. dd91265

dd91265 New Member

Hi, I have signed to work with YTB and love both sides The travel agent price is remarkable. Today I had a friend that had booked a cruise before we spoke and chose the cheapest inside cabin for a 7 day exotic western carribbean cruise for a good rate $599.00 I however can go on the same exact cruise and stay in the outside balcony suite first class for 499.00 The outside suite goes for from 1395. to 1595.. The upgrades are incredible and clients booking on our site say wow that was easy. I did not see that anyone knows we are a publicly traded stock company and our stock is doing pretty well for a 6 year old company. This should clear up the false rumor of a pyramid scheme. To be listed and traded the scc checks you out pretty thoroughly don't you think. The lady who signed in for her sister sounds very sad, do yourself and your sister a favor and drop off. If your interest every regains when you become more knowledgable of the way it works you may regain interest. You see we work with all the companies you listed so there must be some misunderstanding of using the new site. I open all my presentations if it does not make sense please do not join, I wouldn't. I don't care how much money anyone else was making. I would still book travel with my sister and we more than often get the best price you can do a search just like the others and choose whats best for you. The money your sister gets for her active atms is 4% do the math thats 2.00. This is part of the residual to infinity. That doie not sound like much now but I personally do know some of the people who have been with the company4 years and have grown their business to 20,000. Now do the math. I have been to the headquarters and sat with many people who ask alot harder questions than I could think of. They have filed a Bill of Rights to protect our residual incomes, and they are the only company I know to offer guaranteed health and a 100,000 life insurance policy at directors level. Yes there is work involved but 1 vacation pays your 449.00 fee that you never pay again. And I think it would be worth the 49.95 fee every month if it didn't have a way to fall off. Can you imagine having to track and pay all the suppliers and get all the iteneries and tickets to people and virturally track the website 24/7. I would call this stamps and envelopes. I cannot think of 1 secretary that would even work for 1/2 day for this and we have teams to cover every aspect including your travel customers, your representative and in house legal counsel. I'm very sad to see the BBB did not do a very thorough investigation. I could go on and on but it just gets better. PLease once again it is of highest interest if it is not for you or you cannot understand it do not get involved. We have so many outstanding awards and building new partnerships all the time. Go back to the person who showed you the business and talk with someone in their upline and I think you to will be impressed. Noone can tell you about an opportunity like YTB because there has never been anything like this. If the person that tried to disuade you has every I don't have enough money to---- fill in the blank ,do yourself a favor and run because you might just get what they got no enough. thanks
  5. mrmagic347

mrmagic347 New Member

is this a pyramid scheme? you mention "upline" in your detailed response. i am interested, but i do not want to become involved in a pyramid scheme....
    if i decide to join, can i join on my own without having an "upline"? if i understand it correctly, those that would be above me make 50% of all sales..
  6. CSGWAHM

CSGWAHM New Member

I researched YTB when I was looking for a business in the travel industry, but decided to go with another travel business that looked the best to me all around, plus it has a very low start up cost, so it would be feasible for just about anyone to start. YTB looked like a good, solid company with a nice comp plan, but the company I went with appealled to me more. It's basically to each his own.

Mrmagic......No, it is not a pyramid scheme and no you cannot join without having an upline.

Best of luck to you,
    Dana
  7. Somnambulist

Somnambulist New Member

Of course it's a pyramid scheme. Why ELSE would there be an upline? Why else would you be spending so much effort recruiting instead of selling a product? Why else would you be coming in and buying a ready-made "business" to slap your name on?

if you want to have a legit business, register a business. These pyramid schemes are just businesses that belong to Joe X and Joe X gets you to advertise for him so he can make lots of money by promising you a high income. that's why the person above specifically asked, "How much money are you interested in earning?" That's textbook pyramid language and they're TAUGHT to speak like that.

I had a friend in Amway and know the tactics. I was in Mary Kay for a month and learned how they choose their words carefully to get people interested. It's about pumping you up, motivating you, making you think you can have "your own business!" for peanuts.

REAL businesses take work and study and planning. You can't have a real business and call all the shots unless you are willing to start it yourself. Working UNDER another company who gives you a website is NOT having your own business. You're just a brick in the pyramid, and your "upline" will badger you to sell/buy more and recruit more and they will probably try and threaten you and make you feel guilty and awful if you're not as successful as the brochures say.

like with mary Kay, they attack and shun anyone who doesn't buy the 600 buck package of products or more...and they attack you if you wantto leave, saying that you didn't put enough effort into it!

Stay away from these things. If you want to be a travel agent, learn to be one and either work for a legit company and get benefits or start your own agency.
  8. iworkinmyboxers

iworkinmyboxers New Member

You know when I listen to comments like this that Somnambulist makes its really sad that so many people have such a negative view of network marketing and MLM.
    "Pyramid scheme", hardly I`m not even in YTB but I am very familiar w. their biz model. The most sound biz model avaliable today is MLM.
    Somnambulist list Amway and Mary Kay as "reference to pyramid schemes!! Are u kidding me?? Those companies sold more product and helped more people earn a huge income than many most large corporations combined.
    The sad part is if most people would go to work, find just 2-3 business builders and help them grow their business, then duplicate they would both have a solid residual income that you will NEVER have working for someone else.
    As for starting your own biz on your own....good luck, its gonna cost you some major $$, a steep learning curve and take up almost all of your time.....trust me I know.
    With a network marketing, MLM organization you can get started w/ little out of pocket, recieve some of the best sales training you will find anywhere, and work with dynamic individuals.
    So to all of you out there that really want to make things happen...for gods sakes dont listen to naysayers and people who have been unsuccessful with MLM, most people give up, quit, look for reasons to blame their failure (i.e. its a pyramid scheme) when in fact the business model DOES work....its usually the PEOPLE who do not work. After all, theres a reason network marketing is now taught in college universities!!!!!!!! Read Rich Dad Poor Dad....Robert Kiyosaki....."If I had to do it all over again, rather
    than build an old style type of business,
    I would have started building a
    network marketing business."
  9. Freedom_FOREX

Freedom_FOREX New Member

Funny,

As a former owner of a traditional travel agency, all I can say is these card mill deals are what convinced me to sell out and I am glad I did when I did now seeing dozens of these deals on market.

Bottom line is this, most of these travel deals are great for the pasive part timer, and just as I would solicit outside agents, which we split commissions with, these travel deals are no different than our outside agent commission agents, but without the hassle.

We use to train our sub agents, and most were simply looking for passive part time income, stay at home Moms in general. What I saw in deals like YTB was a form of outside agents, except there was more income potential from the recruiting of other agents, and what is wrong with this, if it was at a reasonable cost.

When I owned travel agency, it cost me time and money to train agents, and over time, I started to charge $100.00 to cut down on the numbers applying. I saw the handwriting on the wall with cut in industry commissions, so with this, and the knowledge most travel would be booked online, I sold travel business, and now I promote Global Travel Trends, or GT Trends as it is known, for it is the least costly of all the training and outside agent like programs.

Like every business you research, it is important to evaluate what you are getting for your money. YTB is more costly, as are most, but GT Trends is the least costly, so worth adding to your list to research before you commit your money to any business. Always compare before your decision is made. If you have any questions about the industry, I know all sides, and I know which one is best for most, and that's an outside agent position, not owning a travel agency.

Good luck to all, Mike
  10. willyouseeit

willyouseeit New Member

It is a shame that you feel that YTB is a card mill deal. Carnval Cruise doesn't think so. They awarded YTB the Pinnacle Award the past 2 years in a row for sales achievement. Travel Weekly has just interviewed our founder because they said YTB is growing rapidly and is among the top 50 agencies in the US.

Unfortunately most traditional travel agencies are out of business because of the internet. YTB has capitalized on this tremendous market shift and has provided the average consumer a way to make an income with their hoe based business opportunity. There are no sales requirements for the direct selling side of our business. It is an optional position you can work if you choose.

Ignorance of Direct selling should be investigated. Many top fortune 500 companies are turning to direct selling as an effective way to market their products. For example, Keller Williams, one of the top real estate companies in the US is a MLM. You can be an agent selling real estate or bring on board other agents and receive profit sharing from their sales. Simply brilliant! Now agents wont find themselves training great agents and they leave to start their own companies because they have a vested interest in their downlines!!! How about the cell phone industry. Do you think Motorola pays top dollar to advertise the lastest greatest phone? Absolutely not. They go to the kiosk owners and small store owners, share what they are coming up with, the stores commit to buy and in turn market the phone. Motorola pays zero in advertising but will pay the distributers a large commission to market and sell the phones.

Direct selling is the best and most inexpensive way to market. Travel is no different! Do you think the cell phone kiosk doesn't get a benefit of reduced rates or in some instances free merchandise for being in the industry? It is a courtesy!

YTB is the real deal. I have been involved in the company for 2 years and have had nothing but positive experiences all around. The company is run with integrity, not to mention our corporate legal counsel on staff is Ted Lindauer, the longest standing network marking attorney in history.

Do your due diligence with YTB. You'll find what I found I am sure.

Good luck,

Gretchen
    [Link removed - Admin]
  11. witchypoo326

witchypoo326 New Member

You get out of YTB what you put into it. it has alot of possibility and if you have an upline that provides alot of training you can do well. we have an upline that provides alot of training and communicates and most seem to be doing well. we are moving slower than most but working other jobs takes time away from doing the travel thing. it's a business that costs under $500 to get in to so some don't treat it like a business but it's a home based business.
  12. witchypoo326

witchypoo326 New Member

it's a legitimate business. I have not recruited one person and I'm making money with my business. I never have to recruit anyone if that is my choice. I have an online travel business and my corporate office YTB. nothing wrong with it, you get from it what you put in to it. I got trained to help not for profits set up their own sites so that they can get the commissions back to their organizations. that's not pyramid scheming, that's helping out a good cause.
  13. witchypoo326

witchypoo326 New Member

it is not a card mill. we cannot just pay and get some type of travel card. that's how the card mills work and that is NOT what we do or what we advertise.

we have on online travel portal, and we sell travel by having people book on it, that's it.
  14. HomeBasedPro

HomeBasedPro New Member

I've been in the travel industry for 25+ years, and have looked into YTB model. It is not a card mill. But like almost any work-at-home business, there will be winners who make really good money, and others who don't get the model, don't like to sell, don't like the approach, or don't put in the time. They won't make much money and will complain about it.
    I've been with Prepaid Legal as a member for a long time. They satisfy my legal needs at a reasonable cost. I maintain my Associate status but don't spend a lot of time at it and I don't make enough money to put bread on the table but that isn't what I'm in it for.
    YTB is the same...look at it, seriously think about it...and THEN decide if you want to do it.
    By the way, YTB has been successful because they see how the industry AND THE MARKET have changed, and they adapted their model to it.
    Don't knock 'em.
  15. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

I QUIT just in time, after following their stock and their fiscal reports I know I quit in time!!

I did join with a much better company in that the websites are more consumer friendly, they are less costly, to be a RTA with ytb is $449 to be a RTA with our business is just $119 and you get a sizzlin site!
    PLUS about 10 income streams. And in addition I joined a membership that compliments my travel agent business which gives my prospects a much better choice to make a very good income. AND you don't have to do any selling with one of the pkgs.

Please proceed carefully when considering ytb.

Terri
  16. Bucky

Bucky New Member

YTB is definitely a fine opportunity but you do need to proceed with caution. There is decent money to be made in the business.

After hours and hours of research I did find an opportunity that has a much greater income potential due to the massive residual potential.

This program is still in pre-launch until March of 2007. It was a stand alone product that was sold for over 20 years and now there is a business opportunity attached to it. I would highly recommend that anyone out there looking for a travel opp do their research and try to find this program.

I have already made good money with it!

Best of Luck

p.s. I love working with travel. Its so much more fun showing people how to save money going on trips that they love. You begin to build friendships that last forever!
  17. mytravelquest

mytravelquest New Member

I couldn't have said it better myself...I too bacame a YTB Referring Travel Agent and I agreee with everything you said. For those others, don't talk about the company until you've tried it or know someone who has.
    There's no guarantee on anything people do. But for a $450 investment, that others might throw away in races or slots, why not try your own travel business that you CAN control? There is alot of potential to make a very healthy income, but you have to be willing to work for it for the first few months to a year. But the work you do now once, will pay for itself over and over again for the rest of your life. It is a good deal.

Thanks.
    Phillip Roe
    [Link removed. Please update signature - Admin]
    [email protected]
  18. AuctionHints

AuctionHints New Member

I was approached by an "agent" about this deal. Here's why I opted not to sign on...

Fact 1 - Why would anyone go online shopping for travel and head to some unknown website as opposed to Travelocity, Orbitz, or one of the so-called "big players"?

Fact 2 - Just because you build it does NOT mean that they will come. In fact unless you have a solid marketing plan for your new website the fact is that they won't. And no visitors means no sales means no income.

Fact 3 - There is WAY too much emphasis on signing up new agents as opposed to actually selling the travel. This, to me, is never a good sign.

Fact 4 - There are affiliate travel programs out there that can be joined free of charge. You can then register your own domain, use a few tricks of the trade to hide your affiliate links, and you are now actually marketing travel. You can book through your own affiliate links and save on your own travel too.

Fact 5 - There are tons of places to learn all about marketing, the travel industry, and online sales and marketing that are once again free of charge.

The bottom line is really simple here. Why not open up an online auction website and compete with it? What???? eBay is already the king? Well bad news for travel sites.....there are already websites out there that already have the traffic coming to them, are making the travel sales, and won't be losing any of that traffic to some start-up no name website any time soon. As a frequent traveler I can attest to this fact first hand. (I shop around, find the best rates, and book and here lately as often as not Delta.com is just as good as any of the other sites)

Not bashing YTB. Just stating undenyable facts. And here is one more for those who might still be holding onto their checkbooks about to sign on...

Fact 6 - If ANYONE ever tells you that ANY online business is an easy pathway to success and fortune...RUN! They are misleading you. (nice way to say that they are lying to you) The fact is that online work is just that and plenty of it. If it were really so easy then everyone would be doing it and noone would ever have to really work again.

Nuff said...
    AuctionHints
  19. NolanGetaways

NolanGetaways New Member

I was very skeptical about YTB. It took me a year to decide to sign up as a rep. Everyone has an opinion. YTB is not a pyramid scheme by any means. Just like with anything you have some who are successful because they put their complete heart and soul into it and you have others that do not put anything into it. This is a REAL business that requires you put a lot of work into it if you wan to be successful.

I know one thing is for sure. In Corporate America at my "job" I will never make more than my boss or my boss's boss. I will hopefully always make more than the person who has less experience/seniority. With YTB you work your business-you determine how successful you are going to be. You decide what a "pyramid scheme"is. Just to reiterate some information-we are a publicly traded company.

Please never assume anything until you have tried it yourself first. I challenge anyone to view a YTB site and compare it to Travelocity. You will notice a lot of similarities...because Travelocity is one of our alliances...and Carnival Cruises just put an office in our Corporate Headquarters because we have sold so much travel. We sell so much travel because of our RTA's.

If you have any questions please visit my website.
    [Link removed - Admin]
  20. jlucas14

jlucas14 New Member

I was presented the program this last week. My wife is looking at doing it but we only travel about four times a year can you really get the discounts we heard about. Any proof would be great. Thanks