Anybody heard about Your Travel Biz opp?

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by Raequan2025, Apr 19, 2006.

1. decker2006

decker2006 New Member

Hi jlucas14,

If you travel 4 times a year, that is pretty good!! I would venture to say it is more than many people are able to go on vacation. Do you travel to different places or do you have favorites?
    Anyway, I am not with YTB so I cannot answer your question directly, but I am with a group that offers lifetime travel memberships which includes a ton of discounts, cruises, condos, etc. I can email you 27 pages of receipts for proof of what you are able to save on your trips. At least you can compare. Let me know if you are interested.

All the best to your Success!!

Noreen
  2. ibizniz

ibizniz New Member

I am not with YTB

I know with the recent stock selling etc there are many nervous people in YTB, but I also know many who just love YTB

but I agree with the statement, you get out what you put in, that is true of any business, you can make money with almost anything so long as you work at it.

But it is definitely esier to make money with a product that is fairly priced and in demand and has a long track record.

hope this helps, good luck

maria
  3. ytbtravel

ytbtravel New Member

be careful and look at the whole picture. the sponsor takes your first three recruits... many times these people will be your best people to work with. they took my best on me.

becareful when a company pays you to recruit..... with the way the bonus program is set up, you get paid for bodies as much as business partners... 500 bucks is a lot of money for some people. your recruiter doesn't care whether you make it or not... every 6 bodies they make 1300 -1600 bucks

you have to ask yourself... just how much do your friends travel? are really booking travel? i have tried as as an agent to book cheaper deals through YTB ... turns out our competion is much cheaper... the only travel that pays is cruises... unless your the person who knows how to sell... this isn't for you.

in addition... pyramid??? by law... products and services must exchange hands to not be considered pyramid.... so the company charges you 49.00 a month for your website, after your first 6 sales
    they still charge you, and then refund your money.... just so that they can stay legal.... in addition they charge for you to be a travel agent... they don't charge for you to build a team (by Law) they have found the loop holes.... but they won't tell you all the details either.

also the company is publicly traded.... on the "PINKS" this is is lowest rating of stocks.... the company doesn't have to be accountable for much... yet they can say they are a publicly traded company.... do your research.... the pinks is worse than the ghetto for stocks.... less than 2% of the companies will ever make it out of this stock market and make it to the big boards AMEX, NASDAQ, NYSE... educate your self first... this is the info you need to know.
    mlm is teh only business that is opened by the word of a total stranger.... look at teh numbers like business person should......

the company is in much debt, projected to go further into debt, showing no profit... with no clear operating budget reported for the last three years..... they may have one now.... but again.... there is no accountabilty on pink stocks......

here is a company competing with the giants like expedia, travelocity etc.... your competition is tremendous.... they tout travelocity partnered up with them... fine.... i don't need ytb
    to go to travelocity... travelocity is still paing the advertising.

you have money exchanging hands to the sponsor and you get a webpage.... good for now...... but highly likely this company as so many other travel companies will be like a flash of gun powder.... hot and bright, many will look, many will say wow, and those who stand close, will say ouch as they get burnt by the flash
  4. ytbtravel

ytbtravel New Member

straight from the ytb legal department .... beware

Very rarely does YTB terminate RTAs/REPs completely from the business. This does not mean we take complaints lightly. We are currently looking into Karen and her business practices.

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Thank you,

Darreth Naylor
    Paralegal
    yourTravelBiz.com
    [email protected]
  5. ChoctawPrincess

ChoctawPrincess New Member

My husband and I are also considering joining YTB and are planning to go to a meeting this coming week. I've read all of the 3 pages of posts and it sounds like you either love it or hate it.

Is this something that normal people can do or do you need to have a marketing degree or some high ranking position in a large corporation to make money? I've read all of the brochures and watched the dvd they give you in the magazine. In the dvd they state that the company is debt free, but in this forum a couple of people have stated that the company is actually in debt and that they've sold stock? Can anyone enlighten me please...I'm feeling kind of overwhelmed.

BTW - Darreth Naylor mentioned that they were looking into "Karen's" business practices. Who's Karen? I didn't see her name listed in any of these postings.

Thank you!
  6. decker2006

decker2006 New Member

Hi ChoctawPricness,

Please do not join anything if you feel overwhelmed. Please take a breath and make sure you know every angle of what you are joining. Research every detail. Do not go by what someone else tells you. You and your husband must have all the facts in front of you before joining. Know the facts AND be comfortable with who you are working with. Just because you sign up with something, does not mean you will become successful. You need to make a serious committment to becoming successful.

I have been in your position - researching and going crazy trying to separate facts from fiction. I definately feel for you. When you are ready, make the committment 110%.
  7. ibizniz

ibizniz New Member

Dear ChoctawPrincess

In my experience any company would be the last ones to say they are in financial trouble. It is in their best interest to say that everything is wonderful.

Personally I take a lot of stock into what individual people have to say on forums, after a while you can draw a picture as to what may be going on.

Personally I always sleep on something for a little while, especially if it means a career move like this

Do take care

maria
  8. ytbtravel

ytbtravel New Member

whose karen??? a person who misleads people promising they will
    place people under you so that you will recieve 2-3 thousand dollars in a week or so.... then never does anything costing people great hard ship as they spend thier food monies, social security checks etc.

ytb, be careful... they get paid to recruit... they don't care if you make it.... they get thier bonueses and move on..... flash in the pan.... and then down the road everyone has to be active for you to make your big bonuses later on... not seeling travel, but you must be hooked into the website for 49.00 each month... so evryone can get thier bonuses.

BTW - Darreth Naylor mentioned that they were looking into "Karen's" business practices. Who's Karen? I didn't see her name listed in any of these postings.

Thank you!
  9. ytbtravel

ytbtravel New Member

publicy traded means nothing until you know what board a company is on.... YTB is traded at the bottom of teh barrel on
    the pink sheets.... there is no accountabilty... this is teh las vegas of the stock market.... teh investor has less than a 2% chance of ever seeing the stock make it to the bigger boards... teh company gets to raise money..... YTB is in serious debt.

as far as working it... alcapone made a fortune in his business doesn't mean it was right or legal.

as far as not making more than teh president of the company.... why sell yourself short???

as (AuctionHints) states why not start your own legitamate biz and make more than the YTB?

YTB is the end result of the presidents failure to make a traditional brick and mortar company work, so he came up with a way to recover his investment.....

YTB will work for a select few... those who know how to market thier website, those who can afford the advertising like expedia can.... lets face it... how many trips are your family and friends going to take?

one terrorist attack in the carribean and the cruise industry will come to a standstill so will your travel part of the business....

as far as teh recruiting end of it..... it will slow as more and more people get scammed.... i've been in the industry for over 20 years and seen happen over and over... after a while you know where to stay away from.

teh only way you are truly going to save as far as travel goes with the company is by the tax breaks.... and you better be doing what the IRS states in order for you to take the deductions... commisions
    are 60% of teh commison paid.... you get paid only after the travel took place... so you could be waiting for months to get paid....

if commission is 100 dollars on a thousand dollar trip you 60 bucks
    take out your taxes, your advertising, your other expenses and you are lucky to walk away with any profit. The company gets the other 40% they have the volume so teh money is going to the comapany...
    tehn look at teh financial reports on yahoo.com the company is millions in debt..... just like you will be... at least the majority....

20% will make money in the company... somebody has to.... it is an old vegas trick.....let some win so the rest will gamble... teh 80% of do nothings and those agents wro write poistive things on these boards are enticing you into the biz... yet you have no idea if they to were brainwashed.... some of you will still sign up chasing the carot at the end of stick... and you won't wake up until you walk over the side of a cliff and hit the rocks below......
  10. Denyse

Denyse New Member

Quoting: jlucas14I was presented the program this last week. My wife is looking at doing it but we only travel about four times a year can you really get the discounts we heard about. Any proof would be great.

JLucas,

YTB is an excellent business! Just traveling four times a year, you will have made money back that you would not normally have had. You also have the opportunity to travel at much cheaper rates than you currently are. I have been involved in YTB since January 2006 and my income is very close to my income as a 25 year Health Administrator. It's your choice whether you want to build a business or just book travel. Both opportunities are available. Would love to talk with you in more detail. 973-553-9679 - Denyse

[Link removed - Admin]
  11. Shawn

Shawn New Member

Hello Folks:

I was doing a due diligance on home based business opportunities and came up with this valuable Forum.
    After looking at Profit Lance group discussion I picked up this group (YTB) because it has more than 8000 reviewers .... means something hot going on here.
    I appreciate if anyone can let me know about their success stories with YTB...any recommendatioins? is this an MLM structure?

Thank you
  12. jojobiz

jojobiz New Member

success with YTB??? been reading much of what YTBtravel has been saying and reviewing the info.... seems like much of what is being said is true.... review the pink sheets, they are dead on.

I went to thier meetings and reviewed their compensation, yes they get paid for bringing on bodies, but so do most MLM's

Before you sign up, unless you are in sales and know how to sell cruises to corpoarations and churches etc... you must understand that your family and friends will travel just so much. Ytb admits in thier trainings that it is the cruises where the money is made. if your not into sales..... there are other opportunities out there.

I don't know about you, but i find it unethical to bring on a person make them spend all thier money, many times thier food money to just get a body so you get to the 1000 dollar bonuses...

read thier financial statements... obviously YTBtravel has a bone to pick sounds like ytb travel got burned.... but read and see how the majority of money is made through recruiting, very little is made in travel sales.... that only means in time this will catch up to the company and that there will be thousands upon thousands of people fed up with MLM because of this lack of ethics. YTBtravel is helping the top few make a quick buck..... thousands will be burned... the company is less than 5 years old.... due your due dilegence.... i have yet to see the company written up in third party like forbes, money, entreprenuer, and any other financial
    magazine.

look at the reviews... good reviews come from associates of the company, and the bad are from nuetral as well as those who have been burned ... the best review is the financial statement... it sucks

YTB, sends out tier magazine which makes money promoting mlm companys and making them look legit..... YTB will say they are publicly traded..... publicly traded does not mean anything when they are on the PINK Sheets......

all i can say is beware.... yes some can make money with YTB.... most won't....

many made money with Global Prosperity Group... then many went to jail.... do a search on this Company and then put two and two together....

From my experience, for someone to take the time that YTB travel has done and backed up thier argument .... i would seriously take
    a look at the every resource possible. This seems like a person who is trying to protect others... obviously something happened, with the false promises to bring on bodies and pay
  13. Bessie

Bessie New Member

success with YTB??? been reading much of what YTBtravel has been saying and reviewing the info.... seems like much of what is being said is true.... review the pink sheets, they are dead on.

I went to thier meetings and reviewed their compensation, yes they get paid for bringing on bodies, but so do most MLM's

Before you sign up, unless you are in sales and know how to sell cruises to corpoarations and churches etc... you must understand that your family and friends will travel just so much. Ytb admits in thier trainings that it is the cruises where the money is made. if your not into sales..... there are other opportunities out there.

I don't know about you, but i find it unethical to bring on a person make them spend all thier money, many times thier food money to just get a body so you get to the 1000 dollar bonuses...

read thier financial statements... obviously YTBtravel has a bone to pick sounds like ytb travel got burned.... but read and see how the majority of money is made through recruiting, very little is made in travel sales.... that only means in time this will catch up to the company and that there will be thousands upon thousands of people fed up with MLM because of this lack of ethics. YTBtravel is helping the top few make a quick buck..... thousands will be burned... the company is less than 5 years old.... due your due dilegence.... i have yet to see the company written up in third party like forbes, money, entreprenuer, and any other financial
    magazine.

look at the reviews... good reviews come from associates of the company, and the bad are from nuetral as well as those who have been burned ... the best review is the financial statement... it sucks

YTB, sends out tier magazine which makes money promoting mlm companys and making them look legit..... YTB will say they are publicly traded..... publicly traded does not mean anything when they are on the PINK Sheets......

all i can say is beware.... yes some can make money with YTB.... most won't....

many made money with Global Prosperity Group... then many went to jail.... do a search on this Company and then put two and two together....

From my experience, for someone to take the time that YTB travel has done and backed up thier argument .... i would seriously take
    a look at the every resource possible. This seems like a person who is trying to protect others... obviously something happened, with the false promises to bring on bodies and pay

Are you people (that are so negative in your mis-spelled comments) brick & mortar travel agents? Or travel agents with another online business. The hatred spewed forth is scary. If you don't want to be involved with YTB or WV than don't! But why are you so adamant about influencing others not to. Besides $450 is NOT going to break anyone, especially if these people are getting involved so they can travel...so give me a break!

I am not with YTB, but am thinking of doing it, if for no other reason the tax advantages and cheaper travel. Your "negativity" is extremely suspicious and forces me to believe you have an axe to grind for whatever reason.
  14. cookie

cookie New Member

I am researching your travel biz. I am thinking about doing it but I am still unsure. I check a ytb site against travelocity for booking the same exact hotel and air, and ytb came up higher by $99.83 per person! Cruises came out the same. They say they don't jack up the price but apparently they do! I question this with the person that is trying to get me to join and she said to let family and friends book off of my back office. If I do this this then I would not make any money correct? How much difference is the price in the back office? I can't sell travel if the price is higher than the big guys!! I not out to make a million bucks but about $10,000 after expenses would be cool with me. I would love to hear from anyone doing this business!!!
  15. decker2006

decker2006 New Member

Hi Cookie,

If you are interested in a lucrative income with the travel industry, you need to check out the Coastal membership packages. Our "product" is a membership to a travel club which includes 3 levels of membership for a one time price then small yearly renewal. It is extremely extensive, so I won't highlight every detail here, but you were speaking about competing with the big guys. There are vacations and cruises offered in this membership that are FREE (you pay taxes, port fees, etc.) This is a lifetime membership and your trips never "run out". There are plenty of other examples, and if you PM me, I would be happy to get you a full description of each level, or check out my website.

Also, you will never have to be involved with booking travel or anything like that. It is not like you make $$ when people book trips. We use a bunch of different vendors to do that.

The compensation plan is quite generous and you could easily reach your goal and then some. Although I would never guarnatee anyone's success, that is up to you, we offer you plenty of tools to reach your goal.

Noreen
  16. ytbtravel

ytbtravel New Member

negative ax to grind???? not at all.
    spelling? who cares, when i can i hire someone to spell for me.
    but when people get hurt from misprepresenation and lawyers have to be called in then people should be aware.

foolish person: take real hard look at the company ... unfortunely
    you won't see what you need to see until your on the inside.

unless you are smart enough to read business financials, which is more important than spelling....

and if you look, there are other reports listed as to how screwed up this company is.

I have been professionally doing taxes for many years... teh company has to use that edge to recruit you... there is more to that game .... especially when your playmate is the IRS

better work with a Tax Attorney and know what your doing first...
    YTB won't tell you anything more than you could have a tax break.
    there is reasons for that.....
  17. thirdworldman

thirdworldman New Member

Hello...how can you ppl support this scam unless you are profiting from it...???

The Better Buisness Bureau has determined this to be a scam, a pyramid scheme, what else do you need to know??
    whenever a company needs money from you for something, there is your first clue...a successful company does not need your money
  18. lala

lala New Member

iVE BEEN CHECKING OUT THIS COMPANY FOR A MONTH. I am finding that they sell these based on the ability to take fam trips and for the potential tax deduction. There doesnt seem to be much emphasis on booking travel when it comes to selling rta's. When Im ready to take a trip maybe Ill consider this. But I am single and why should I pay out 50.oo a month and 450 to own one of these things? Also Has anyone tried navigating the booking engine? I find it to be very confusing. and it needs much updating. I couldnt book a trip on that site even if I wanted to. I think its much easier to just call the hotel and plane directly. Also there are so many private groups that offer tours that are not posted on their booking engine.
  19. jojobiz

jojobiz New Member

my friend is still trying to get me to join... i have tried to book theater tickets, bush gardens, sea world, and flights..... all i did was waste my time looking.... i had to use ticket master, hotels.com
    and msn travel to get the best deals.....

they say i would benefit from commisions and tax savings.
    1. the commision is not great... plane fair is only a few dollars in commision..... theater tickets.... even at 10% you are only talking 5-10 bucks in commision.....

tax savings? you better be a great sales person to get into position to even consider a tax advantage.

so save the time and money and book with the big guys..... network marketing has a 97% drop out rate anyway..... do you really want to be booking your travel with the 97% who could care less about your trip..... you will still be hard pressed to find the proffesional travel agent who has your best interest in mind.
  20. dvincent29

dvincent29 New Member

So Do you get travel perks like they suggust? Is it worth it for the perks alone?

Thanks for being honest

daWN