Anybody heard about Your Travel Biz opp?

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by Raequan2025, Apr 19, 2006.

1. jojobiz

jojobiz New Member

YTB lost thier IATAAN rating

carnival has dropped them

the owner is pushing stocks, that are on the pinksheets where the company doesn't have to account for much.

read what the the owner is doing... throwing parties and buying churches....

if the company was so good... then why are the owners selling offf thier stocks?
  2. WARRANTIES4LESS

WARRANTIES4LESS New Member

Interesting,

Having owned a travel agency, and seeing all these MLM card mills pop up back in the 80's, it was only a matter of time to see hundreds more, and we have. lol

My opinion is all these deals days are numbered, and for good reason, most generate their profits solely from recruiting new representatives, and very few are making anything from booking travel. What this appears like to regulators is a ponzi pyramid, so unless this deal, or any other can demonstrate retail business to non agents, it will not pass the acid test of regulators, so watch out, they will not survive.

Good luck to all, Mike
  3. lperez661

lperez661 New Member

Is there any travel industry online that doesn't require a start up fee, to work??? Please, anybody?
  4. Gailtravel

Gailtravel New Member

YTB still books travel with Carnival Cruiselines. We have won the their Pinnacle Award 3 years in a row. November 8, 2007 YTB hosted a Carnival one day sale and book over 12,000 cruises for Carnival. We broke all kinds of records.
    It is true that are IATAN has been suspended (very political) but YTB has proven that an IATAN is not necessary to book travel and earn commissions.
    YTB is Not a card mill. YTB offers a service of travel to our clients at competitive rates. We do not take the place of traditional agents, however we are a competitor to Expedia and Orbitz etc. We also have a MLM component which we are proud of.
    YTB has been around for the past 7 years and will continue to exist and give the average person the opportunity to earn above average income.
  5. Wigtail

Wigtail New Member

6. Gailtravel

Gailtravel New Member

More Good news about YTB

YTB booked more than $414 million dollars in travel in 2007. Our net income was $3.2 million dollars. This is theadvantage of being associated with a "public" company. Consumers get to make an informed decision about whether to join or not.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/080401/nytu083a.html?.v=1

Here is another article about YTB's financial state. I understand that this author is pretty on point with his predictions!

http://seekingalpha.com/article/70853-ytb-international-wall-street-s-next-online-tra vel-darling?source=yahoo
  7. lemming

lemming New Member

Wow, am I confused. I am lemming and will follow this (YTB) until I fall off the cliff. I work hard, pay my bills...just looking for that slice of the pie that others always seem to find. When will it be my turn? Maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones this time!
  8. twiggy149

twiggy149 New Member

I am new to YTB here in Canada. Does anyone know how I find out about seminars in Canada?? Ontario??
    This so far seems to be a good thing and yes you get out of it what you put in. I figure that once i get my 6 people and then it pays for it's self and then everything else is extra!! How can you go wrong with that??

[Link removed - Admin]

Thanks
    Lisa
  9. Gailtravel

Gailtravel New Member

twiggy149: I am new to YTB here in Canada. Does anyone know how I find out about seminars in Canada?? Ontario??

Lisa, call the main office and you can get info there. You can also send a support ticket through the back office to get your questions answered!
    You have a great positive attitude! that's what you need to succeed.
  10. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Hi Gail good to see you here!

Is the 2fly free program still available thru YTB?

Thanks
    Terri
  11. WARRANTIES4LESS

WARRANTIES4LESS New Member

lperez661: Is there any travel industry online that doesn't require a start up fee, to work??? Please, anybody?

Good question,

I research them all, and most will cost from $400.00 to $600.00 up front, and up to $80.00 per month, so you better be committed to recruiting others or you will never see your investment back in commissions.

If interested, I have just got done researching a unique alternative, without the headaches of booking your own travel, but still access the same discounted travel all of the others access, so if you are looking for less expensive travel related business, this is the one at only $50. and $19.95 a month.

Good luck,
  12. Gailtravel

Gailtravel New Member

luvtravel: Hi Gail good to see you here!

Is the 2fly free program still available thru YTB?

Thanks
    Terri

Hi Terri! The program has been discontinued. I hear that it wil be replaced with something more improved.
    Gail
  13. mreyn

mreyn New Member

Hi, I researched all of the travel businesses. I decided on one that has a couple of options to join, both of which are less than $300. We have a celebrity spokesperson and are based in Texas. Good luck! We also have our own travel booking portal online that automates our business. More info if needed. Good luck!
  14. Gailtravel

Gailtravel New Member

WARRANTIES4LESS: I research them all, and most will cost from $400.00 to $600.00 up front, and up to $80.00 per month, so you better be committed to recruiting others or you will never see your investment back in commissions.

Actually with m company that is not true. We have 2 opportunities, one of selling travel websites and the other of booking travel. Mnay of our RTAs only book travel. Others lean more to the recruiting. 2 very honest ways of earning a living. [​IMG]

I have booked cruises, tours and more recently a group trip.
    The commission on the group trip was pretty handsome [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[Post edited. Link removed - Admin]
  15. cherylonthego

cherylonthego New Member

Hey there!! There are so many different options and in a trillion dollar industry there will be more!! I joined Ultimate Choice Travel and love it!! The launch of the new site is scheduled for June 30th and we are all very excited!! We are travel referral reps! We get a company maintained website, at cost travel and refer people to our travel site or concierge to book their travel. I think it is the only one so far that pays upline travel commissions!! Pretty cool!! The real kicker for me was the leadership!! Steve Smith who made business history with Excel Telecommunications is at the helm. It is a fun industry!! Good luck to all!!
  16. getawaytravel

getawaytravel New Member

Hello Everyone,
    I'm new to the forum. I first would like to congratulate
    every one of you for making the decision to be in business
    for yourself. It's the best way to control your time and your
    financial position. If nothing else, the advantages and savings
    are excellent for home based business owners.

Now that we have that out of the way.....

Every company has it's pro's and con's. That's why
    you research, research some more and research it all over
    again. However, I will advise you that DSA has verified and
    approved YTB as a legitimate company.

As for my credibility....
    I'm 100% vested in this opportunity. I'm a Power Team
    Leader (PTL) with my eyes on the prize. True, the money is in
    the marketing and recruiting. If you want to effect the masses
    then you have to recruit. The last time I checked..... the J.O.B.
    that you're working recruited you. That's right, look in the mirror
    and ask your corporate boss for the day off.

Well, continue to fight the inevitable. We'll see you on the beaches
    of the world. We're here to stay.

N.Y.S.E. doesn't allow just anyone to be traded publicly
  17. luvstotravel29

luvstotravel29 New Member

HI there,

not sure if you still use this site but was wondering if you could let me know about the travel business you found and how it has worked for you.

Thanks
  18. rhondap

rhondap New Member

Hey all you YTB folks lets keep the information flowing and see if we can get our own board here.
  19. rhondap

rhondap New Member

YTB Convention ~ Liberty and Travel for All

This year's National Convention will be bigger and better than ever !

If you thought last year's Convention staging was amazing, you won't believe this year's incredible presentation. It's the MUST SEE, DON'T MISS event of the year!

Plan now to join the thousands of Reps, RTAs, guests, family, and friends who will converge on the America's Center and the Edward Jones Dome in downtown St. Louis, August 6-10, 2008.

This year's convention again offers Reps and RTAs the advantage of a huge selection of YTBU classes offered on Wednesday and Thursday, with enlarged classroom sizes in the America's Center portion of the complex.

$150 Registration deadline extended through July 14th.
  20. Gailtravel

Gailtravel New Member

getawaytravel: Every company has it's pro's and con's. That's why
    you research, research some more and research it all over
    again. However, I will advise you that DSA has verified and
    approved YTB as a legitimate company.

Absolutely!! Not only that, YTB Travel has been named the 26th largest travel company in the U.S. by Travel Weekly.
    YTB has booked $414 million in travel in 2007! AND YTB is a publically traded company. Our stock sym bol is YTBLA.OB
    I don't know any more legitimacy anyone can provide for a company than that!
    But if anyone wants more we can provide it and we have the documentation to prove it. This is a legitimate MLM travel company!