Anybody heard about Your Travel Biz opp?

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by Raequan2025, Apr 19, 2006.

1. gege0670

gege0670 New Member

I'm with Traverus Travel and I love it...the perks, upgrades and discounts. I like it for my own personal use and for the tax write-off on my income taxes. You can make from 5k-7k back on your taxes by owning a home-based business. We have a promotion for $99.95 until tomorrow night. Also, We will be launching with China this month and we are the ONLY travel network that will be shown on the 5ctv. Everything is practically made in China anyway...once they come aboard everyone that's already in the business now will get the spill over...There are over1.7 billion people in China...instant residual income...from people you don't even know.
  2. RayvinAndRob

RayvinAndRob New Member

3. homebizz

homebizz New Member

I am personally opting out of YTB, here is why:
    I mainly signed-in to get travel discounts as I make about ten trips per year. Their prices are always higher than Expedia. So much for discounts.
    I found out on my own (as when they signed me up, they only focused on the millions I could make) that when people I refer to my travel site book a flight, I get five dollars!
    The monthly fees are certainly not for maintening my site as Avon charges me 18$ per year to get a bilingual site. They are to make the people above me richer.
    There are numerous online travel companies that charge absolutely nothing.
    Upon signing, I stated clearly that I was not interested in the MLM (or recruting call it whatever you want ) and yet they bombarded me with pressure recorded calls and emails and newsletters.
    First and foremost, their model is not in my line of thinking. Sure I could pressure my whealthy friends on signing-up and get my downline going but would I be doing them a favor?
    the travel agency is not great and the commissions are not fantastic.
    As for making money referring people, I only believe in accepting my client,s money if they are getting something worth for it.

Last as a work at home (and at my regular career mother) I have been disturbed to hear on YTB pressure calls (bring any remotely interested friends on the call) such things as: forget about the kid's soccer practice and recruit and put time in your business.
    Sayonara YTB!
  4. dilligaf

dilligaf New Member

My first post so go easy on me here... just relating personal experience.

I've been in YTB for several months. I found it a bit difficult with a lot of negative press out there and other reaons. Long story short - I stopped website with them a couple of months ago. It was costing $49/monthly, which I know isn't a lot of money, but I just thought it was money I could put elsewhere, and I did.

I didn't like some of their rules about not having your own website without their legal permission etc.

Technically I'm still in it, but I don't do anything with it. I have some friends in it and one of them is doing good because she has a ton of contacts through her real estate and other endeavors of people who travel (thus she actually makes travel commissions, wow, what a concept! lol)

Hope this helps.

Steve
  5. rhondap

rhondap New Member

I switched to Traverus and love it!

Excellent travel training.
  6. thamani8

thamani8 New Member

Hi, just wanted to share my experiences concerning YTB. My husband and I have been involved with YTB for a little over a year now. We have made money on the marketing and travel side of YTB. Just like any other business, this business is about hard work and not giving up. If the average business takes 3 years to become successful, why would I expect anything different because it's MLM?

YTB gives the average person an opportunity to own a business. Everyday I do my best to make sure I am letting people know I have an online travel agency and I refer people to my site. The website really is wonderful. Not only are people able to book travel, we now offer the ability to sell cars, flowers, concert and sports tickets. We also have a honeymoon registry. And, you can now purchase clothing and other items needed for vacations and island weddings. I don't know of any other site that offers this. You can attend the training and promote this business to nonprofit corporations, which can help them raise money.

So, I guess how a person sees YTB depends on the individual. If you are not interested in building a team, that's up to you . They don't force you. They also don't deny that this is a good way to make money with them. I personally think we are doing a disservice to people by not at least telling them about the opportunity to do YTB from home or some other home business, when so many people are struggling to stay afloat during these tough economic times. After all, someone thought enough of my and my familiy to tell me about it.
  7. promlmer

promlmer New Member

The California Attorney General is suing YTB (filed Aug. 2008) as an illegal pyramid scheme. I understand other states are following suit. Read the suit petition here: http://www.ag.ca.gov/newsalerts/release.php?id=1596

Basically, travel is not selling before commissions are paid. Commissions are primarily being paid on web site renewals which A.G.'s do not like. If you say your are in the web site business, it would be ok, I guess. The problem YTB has is that A.G.'s have big egos. Before laws were on the books, you could maybe fight and win. But, A.G.'s don't file unless they know they got ya these days. I know some really good people making decent money in YTB. I feel sorry for them because YTB is a house of cards about to fall.
  8. melitzadiego

melitzadiego New Member

can you tell me about this program?
  9. melitzadiego

melitzadiego New Member

what company is this for 19.95 mth?
  10. radman57

radman57 New Member

What is the name of the travel company---i want to start my own travel biz.

Thank you!! Conrad
  11. KQuest

KQuest New Member

Stephanie
    What bussiness is $70. , and could I please have the information ?
  12. There are so many deals on travel it is hard to keep up with them all, but I have seen travel offers for as low as $49.95 which is no different than the ones costing thousands. Travel business is not all it is cracked up to be in this severe recession, so think twice about spending hundreds or thousands like some charge.

Success to all,
  13. wrlawrence

wrlawrence New Member

I joined YTB several months ago and it's been great for me. I started out booking my own travel and collecting commissions. Then I shared my booking engine site with friends. I researched and found ways to market my business on the net and collect several leads a day for prospects and travel clients. Thank you YTB!