Anyone bought guaranteed visitors?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by djg, Oct 25, 2007.

1. jschuman

jschuman New Member

As a general rule, shortcuts do not seem to work for me on the internet. I include buying traffic in that. Not pay per click traffic, but guaranteed visitors. Earning the visitors one click at a time is a get rich slow method that has paid off over time.
  2. CSGWAHM

CSGWAHM New Member

I agree jschuman.....

Targeted traffic is the only way to go and you can do that very easily without spending any money. I have a constant flow of targted traffic and then sales due to free advertising. PPC is great too as a paid method and since you will only pay when someone clicks on your ad, your traffic is very targeted, as well.
  3. TJamMoneyMan

TJamMoneyMan Active Member

Personally, I have had some success with targeted traffic from Traffic Hoopla.
    One of their $10 '1,000 targeted hits' packages got me about $100 in sales, in addition were 2 sales I had to 'one up' to my sponsor.
    I think that's pretty good conversion.

The next TH one got me zip however!
    Still they both cost me nearly NOTHING in time - which I have less of to spare.

The amount of TIME one spends on 'free advertising' is what I have to weigh that against.

I have spent LOTS of time on 'free advertising' and gotten nothing in the way of results also.

Time for me, is waaay more valuable than money.
    At least, I have to compare the time spent on 'free advertising' v. the money spent on paid advertising before I pass judgment.
    In light of the results, of course.
  4. TJamMoneyMan

kalien: The scams yes, but one must do their research and sometimes dig into their pocket to find worthwhile sources of qualified leads.

Please let me know about any worthwhile sources you may know of.
    I don't think this will negatively affect your conversions since we are not promoting the same websites.
    (maybe you'll get some commissions too!).

Personally, I don't mind paying for advertising, if the results justify the cost.
  5. million2

million2 New Member

Hi, I spent some money on guaranteed visitors and it was worthless. I believe that some of these visitors are not real.
  6. TJamMoneyMan

luvtravel: I found the best way to advertise and generate traffic PLUS get rebates on your advertising packages is ASD (see sig)

ok, I joined ADC, BUT, maybe you could PM me some details about it.
    How much it costs etc.
    Just a preview.

I don't have time to review it all right now...
  7. TJamMoneyMan

million2: I believe that some of these visitors are not real.

LOL!!

Perhaps we could list some of the sites that had 'worthless' traffic?

I will say though that people who surf for credits and hits, tell me they spend 2 hours or so daily doing so.

For me that is about $50 per hour, at my professional rate.
    $100 per day!

Even at my 'slave labor' job rate, that's about $20 a day.
    $100 a 5 day week.
    $400 per month.

I wish someone could tell me what kind of results I could expect from such a time investment.
    Results that would justify such a 'cost'?
  8. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

TJamMoneyMan: ok, I joined ADC, BUT, maybe you could PM me some details about it.
    How much it costs etc.
    Just a preview.

I don't have time to review it all right now...

I would be glad to but somehow your "PM" is disabled.
  9. TJamMoneyMan

luvtravel: I would be glad to but somehow your "PM" is disabled.

Well, I just sent you a PM.
    PM me in return and let's see what happens...
  10. CCrew

CCrew New Member

I spent $35.00 for 40000 MLM visits to MyPowerMall. I received all the hits but had 0 people interested in the opportunity. I have to agree that I believe that the hits are computer generated and a waste of money.
  11. PMHayes

PMHayes New Member

There is one benefit that I have personally observed as a result of buying web hits. If you can get truly unique IP's, you will be building up back links, and it can help you with page rank. Now, it won't work as a one hit wonder. It will help over time. I have used that tactic and tested it and did find that my Google page rank improved over a span of a few months. It also improved my Alexa rank. During that same stretch, I did no other seo.

So, as a means to improve SEO, and therefore page rank, and therefore getting free leads over time, I can see it as a valuable asset. As a means to get targeted visitors and sales or build a downline, it's not so good. Anyone else have similar experiences?
  12. Homeboy

Homeboy New Member

CCrew: I have to agree that I believe that the hits are computer generated and a waste of money.

Either that, or it's probably people getting paid to click links all day... I'd stick with forums and other tried and tested methods to get the word out about any product....especially after reading this thread, lol....
  13. TJamMoneyMan

PMHayes: So, as a means to improve SEO, and therefore page rank, and therefore getting free leads over time, I can see it as a valuable asset. As a means to get targeted visitors and sales or build a downline, it's not so good. Anyone else have similar experiences?

I did get signups from a REVISITORS package I purchased.
    13 signups to my Spider Web Marketing System.

They can't ALL be 'computer generated hits'.
    These are real people that joined my SWMS group.
    And also, some of them signed up to GDI under me, thru my SWMS page.

I did nothing else to promote SWMS.
    When the hits ran out, I got no more activity on my SWMS page.

I am sure there are scams going on, but I can't say it's ALL illegit.

I find that some programs work with some hit providers, and not with others.
    The type of splash page you have is a factor.

I don't doubt bogus hits are being sold.
    But I also bought hits that were legit.
  14. elysyan

elysyan New Member

A "guaranteed visitor" is just that a "guaranteed visitor." What you want are sales. "Guaranteed visitors" in my opinion are good for boosting the counter up on your youtube ad or video. Having a guaranteed visitor is the same as counting all of the cars that drive on your block past your home or apartment. Does it really matter.

If you want to drive trafic to your website create a great website and then put a sitemap on it. Have you ever heard people talking about how to get on google in 24 hours well that is the key that they have everyone paying from $9.95 to $1000. for.

No one can guarantee you a high position on google which still doesn't mean you will get sales. But if you want real people looking at your site in my 20 years of internet experience you would be on the right track. Having a pop-up or pop-under with is deleted by most pop-up blockers is really all that you will get with a "guaranteed visitor" program. The key to internet marketing is traffic, traffic, traffic but only the right type of traffic will get you paid.

Sincerely,
    Marvin G. Kane
    [email protected]
    [Link removed - Admin]
  15. ibuzzmentor

ibuzzmentor Member

It is a waste of time. Learn how to create your own leads, because to be successful you will have to teach your team how to do the same. The only one getting rich from buying leads and traffic is the lead vendor.

My favorite ways to generate high quality leads is via voice blasting, and JV's. Voice blasting now is so dirt cheap and the software is so simple to use now.
  16. TJamMoneyMan

homebizoutlook: There is no value in purchased leads or guaranteed hits.

Even if you get a sale as a result?
  17. TJamMoneyMan

homebizoutlook: What I have learned over 2 years of mostly failed attempts at internet marketing, is that the best way to build long-term success is not by buying business through leads or hits, but building a business. If you count on purchased leads or hits, your success is only as good as your next purchase. I guess depending on what you sell it might be worth it.

Yeah, I can understand that GV's are not the best option.
    I just am certain that it's not ALL robot clicks!

One definitely has to BUILD a business over time.
    I learned that with my music biz [​IMG]

I am on this thread trying to find out more about ANY advertising resource that can save me time, which is way more valuable to me than money.
    If I can spend money and save time, that's a serious consideration.

I guess you could say I have a vested interest in paid advertising, if it will save me time.

And I'll be the first to say, GV's are less than they are cracked up to be.

Just better than 'bots at least, is all!

Good luck 2 u 2!
  18. jschuman

jschuman New Member

Here is an interesting stat for you.

According to Google Analytics, out of over 85,000 visitors to my site so far in June, the average time spent on up site is one minute and 40 seconds.

Out of the 10,000 guaranteed visitors I paid $49 for, the average time spent on my site is 4 seconds. Does that sound like guaranteed visitors is a worthwhile investment?

I do best with traffic from Google, article marketing, and forum marketing. I get visitors and quality visitors who seem to want to spend some time before they leave.

Since I am actively striving for newsletter sign ups 1 minute and 40 seconds is plenty of time to fill out a short 2 line form.
  19. TJamMoneyMan

jschuman: Out of the 10,000 guaranteed visitors I paid $49 for, the average time spent on my site is 4 seconds. Does that sound like guaranteed visitors is a worthwhile investment?

Not the example you present.
    But I'd have to qualify your analysis.

1) Who did you buy those GV's from?

2) What type of visitors were they?
    there are Targeted Visitors, Re-directed Visitors, USA, International, and select countries.
    And I believe there are other types as well.
    The 'better' GV's cost more - no kidding.
    Usually like about $10 and more per 1,000 TARGETED visitors.

Un-targeted international visitors are the cheapest, and that sounds like what you used, at about $5 per 1,000.

THEN, there was a certain type of Re-directed/Targeted Visitors that were quite frankly, out of my reach and ran into the hundreds of bux.
    And of course, the results were about 'getting what you pay for'.

I think it's a great idea to track and analyze but you have to identify and qualify in order to be fair and accurate also.

I'd love to see the results of a more thoroughly qualified analysis if anyone has done so.

But the only relevant analysis though is whether or not you get conversions/sales, wouldn't you agree?

I don't have all those tracking and analytical resources at my disposal, but I tried nothing else but GV's as my strategy, in an effort to see if the GV's were worth it.
    I got conversions when I bought the GV's, fairly regularly as they were being delivered.
    When the campaign stopped, so did the hits to my rotator.
    So did the new signups.

No GV's since then.
    No hits to my rotator.
    No new signups.

Same as before I started the campaign.

That's gotta mean SOMEthing.

For sure, these were not computer generated hits.
    Computers don't sign up for GDI, or go through the detailed SWMS setup system & videos...

Maybe there are Cyber-fairies on tha loose!!
  20. rglar6

rglar6 New Member

Buying traffic is a complete waste of time and money. I tried visitors from a recommended website but no results. I did it as a test for less than $20, the results speak for themselves.