Anyone else with Citi Virtual Receptionist?

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by ShawnFL, Apr 24, 2009.

1. ShawnFL

ShawnFL New Member

Just started the line and haven't heard much about it. Seems easy enough but from what I'm finding out even this skill has its bumps. They didn't cover much in training so I've been taking notes off the ADE board. It said to review the job aides but that is only available during your shift right?

2. muffinlou

muffinlou New Member

Hey Shawn ,,good for you...sounds like you got an easy one.
    I wish they had given me a skill like that. I have enough trouble talking straight on a good day...I hate to think about what it will be like for proflowers.

I would really like to get something where I don't have to talk so much...my voice is getting really bad.

3. ShawnFL

ShawnFL New Member

I don't know I only answered one call today and just the intro had me out of breath and running for some water afterward. I felt ridiculous but hey it's a paying job.

4. ivnslady

ivnslady New Member

Hi, I work this skill as well. It is fairly easy but the scripting is pretty bad in my opinion. I get out of breath doing the intro lol

5. Rosie1

Rosie1 New Member

haha! Same here on the intro[​IMG] I felt a bit lost today for my first shift which went so/so. Oh well, hopefully it will get better[​IMG]
    Shawn: I was taking notes off AD* as well-for the phone numbers and such.

6. ShawnFL

ShawnFL New Member

Rosie1; Yea I finally realized I could just take a screen shot and then I'll print it out later. I really wish we could just copy and paste.

ivnslady; lol, I'm with ya on the intro and yes the scripting is bad. you have to ask way too many questions to just get to the point. I know they are probably doing it to make it easier but it's not. How long have you been doing this skill? Today is only my second shift. The hours seem hard to come by, do you know if it gets better?

7. Rosie1

Rosie1 New Member

I took so many notes today off the message board. Oh, and the chat as well. I do like seeing what people are asking on there[​IMG]

I have another shift tonight and hopefully it goes ok. There are a ton of questions and did I read this right, we are not going to be capturing any leads?-per the message board. That confused me a bit.

8. ShawnFL

ShawnFL New Member

Does anyone feel like they are no help at all?? Geesh, I feel terrible for these people. Before I can get out that I am just a receptionist they are telling me their life story or asking if I know a certain person and if I can xfr them to that person. Sorry people no phone list...ugh.

9. ShawnFL

ShawnFL New Member

Also forgot to ask, we are NOT taking info anymore right? What if they don't have internet access do we go and fill it out for them? I'm trying to read all the info on the message board but it's kinda contradictory.

10. Nikkbunny

Nikkbunny New Member

I just have to ask what is C*t* VR? I work the Cards line and we have all been asking what this line is. LOL we all think we want your job instead of ours

11. ShawnFL

ShawnFL New Member

Virtual receptionist. It's an easy job as far as what is expected of you, not much more then answering the calls and following a script. Of course the customers calling in don't follow the script so you've got to be good at bs, lol. Just like any other w*st skill not much training and more on the job learning. No way would I want cards!

12. ShawnFL

ShawnFL New Member

Forgot to say it's answering calls for the mortgage line [​IMG]

13. Nikkbunny

Nikkbunny New Member

ahhhhh okay ....I see now....Well good luck it's still C*t* and it's still W*st, I may need therapy after this job.lol[​IMG]

14. auroradraconis

auroradraconis New Member

I just worked my first shift on this skill and it seems deceptively easy. I followed the scripts and most of the calls I just ended up giving people the customer service number (which apparently most of them had already called...lol)

Pretty basic skill if you ask me...hopefully I'm not missing anything...a lot of complaints though that C*t* customer service is really bad.

15. Rosie1

Rosie1 New Member

Does anyone know if they have posted the Saturday/Sunday hours yet!? Hope I didn't miss them (yet again:p)

16. Rosie1

Rosie1 New Member

wow! this shift has sent me many of mean, grumpy, people! lol!! Beware if you are working today!! lol!![​IMG]

17. ShawnFL

ShawnFL New Member

I currently have no hours!! Keep missing them or there are none to be had. I did have plenty of grumpy people yesterday though. Hang in there!

auroradraconis; it is an easy skill it's just dealing with the questions that the script doesn't answer and constantly having to say "I don't have that information". It's almost too easy and then you get the people that say "well what do you do?" and you almost want to answer 'nothing".

Nikkbunny; LOL, no kidding but I don't think we make enough to pay for the therapy!

18. Rosie1

Rosie1 New Member

Oh no! No hours either..I keep having to snag some trades here and there. I heard I missed ones that posted yesterday for next week. I kept checking for Sat/Sun hours and didn't even look for next week. Woops! Oh well, guess I will be stalking for trades once again..lol!

I lol'd on the not getting paid enough for therapy part..haha!

Has anyone here had a feedback yet?

19. suni315

suni315 New Member

If you need hours try to get the skill C*T* CS they always have lots of hours I guess cause we have to deal with every issue under the sun I think that some people including myself are working the minimum Because the training was BAD and the system sucks so no wonder the people think CS is bad. You can ask the same question to 3 different P*Ls and get 3 different answers. Training tells you one thing then Team Leads tell you something different. I have another ? posted about APRs didnt get to many responses so I asked about it during my coaching and was told its very confusing and hard to understand but I must understand it to explain to the very confused customer but wasnt given any info other than I can send you some stuff to read sound to me like my BOSS didnt understand either!!!!

20. auroradraconis

auroradraconis New Member

No hours here either. I have noticed though that when I do get them, they seem to be posted late at night, like 11:00 pm CST. I keep checking though at all hours of the day and nothing since I picked up my first shift. Hopefully that will change soon.

Shawn~I know what you mean. Most people seem surprised that I am even a real person. With the script and everything, they all seem to think I am automated and then when I have no info for them, they get really irate!!...lol

As for feedback...nothing yet other than the basic performance numbers. The only feedback record I ever had was when I was on the GE line. Needless to say...it was not pretty, 48%, apparently I wasn't demonstrating enough empathy for peoples appliances...lol