Anyone frustrated with making their first squidoo lens?

Discussion in 'Squidoo' started by HappyHamster, Sep 29, 2008.

1. HappyHamster

HappyHamster New Member

Just wondering about Squidoo! It seams to make me frustrated, is there any good advice for me?

2. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Yes, I agree it is a little complicated at first, but once you get used to it , it can be rewarding.

3. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

HappyHamster: Just wondering about Squidoo! It seams to make me frustrated, is there any good advice for me?
    You've come to the right place for good advice!
    See, we have our own, highly respected Squidoo expert.
    He's none other than Newbie Shield and you can
    tap into his expertise here: HTML Squidoo Tricks

Hermas

4. Sonni

Sonni New Member

Or just yell YOO HOO NS where are you? Come to the rescue please!

5. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hermas Das: Thanx for the compliment and the plug :)

Sonni: You have to say it three times and click your heels :)

Hi Erica,

You might take a look at the threads in the Squidoo folder here on the forum. If you still have any questions afterward I'd be happy to answer them.

~Newbie Shield~

6. soundstrue

soundstrue New Member

Hi

I was very frustrated also with my first experience with squidoo but am now able to understand some of the language. My problem is my article or blog will show great at first but not very high on the charts. then in a couple of days it says stale need to refresh what is this about? I will keep going with it and see. how you have more luck. if I can help let me know.

soundstrue

7. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

I have the same feeling with doing Squidoo 1st len.
    After 2 - 3 tries on the system, it is quite easy to use. And it can create page within minutes.

8. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Hi HappyHamster,
    I suggest you try You Tube, and see if you can find a Squidoo tutorial.
    If not. PM me and I will find one for you.
    Cheers,
    Victoria

9. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

There are a lot of things that can be very frustrating to work with - I remember when I first started building websites, I wanted to pull my hair out! You might be experiencing the same thing with Squidoo - just be patient with it, keep practicing, and you will be a pro in no time.

10. daellis99

daellis99 New Member

Once I started messing with Squidoo it was actually really easy. At first I was intimidated by Squidoo but now I love it

11. redsadie

redsadie New Member

I *heart* Squidoo [​IMG]

It may seem like it's pickling your brain at first but persist and take a look around the Squidoo site, take a look at other peoples lenses and goo Squidoo! (Sorry, go didn't rhyme but goo did so........[​IMG])

When you're done, please show us so we can see how well you have done?

Red. x

12. KB24

KB24 Active Member

google pot pie girl she has a lot of info dealing with squidoo lenses

13. LynnW

LynnW New Member

Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy to use, but I agree it's a little overwhelming at first. Some of the easiest modules to use are the text, links and Amazon. I use these all the time. If you make a lens with an intro, then add text (write about the topic) then add links (find some good links that go with the text), then add Amazon (some good books or products that go with the topics) and then add a Guestbook, you will have a really good start. As you learn more and get more comfortable with lens making, then you really must try out the other modules!! [​IMG]

14. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

For what its worth, the first time I tried squidoo I was overwhelmed and just logged off. I now have 3 lens that move up in rankings daily. I now love it. They are very basic but I try and learn something new and implement it when I have the time.

I have used pot pies girls basic outline and now once I have that down I will go more advanced into the html that Newbie Shields has on his squidoo lens. Just get it up and working first, you can always go back and improve.

15. tygersclaw

tygersclaw New Member

I agree that it can be a bit intimidating at first. The question comes up "do I REALLY need all these modules and what do they really do?" as you get going.

I just signed up and made a first posting, as well as updated my profile a bit (still some links I would need to add for Twitter etc) but, it is a start.

16. krisner

krisner New Member

I am so glad I read this! Squidoo was so confusing for me too! All the rules of what you can and cannot post. I was ready to say enough was enough, but after reading this I think I have a better grip on it! Sure is nice to know others have had the same problem.
    Thanks everyone

17. Sonni

Sonni New Member

I don't see it as any worse that dealing with WP blogs except their servers seem to be slow and do weird stuff.
    Sonni