Anyone hear if all Miami Checks were deposited?

Discussion in 'ASD - Ad Surf Daily' started by utket, Aug 7, 2008.

1. utket

utket New Member

Anybody know?

2. vickyS

vickyS New Member

Not all Miami checks were deposited. I just checked my checks, and it was not cleared. I put stop payment on these checks and will get a refund in 3 days. Hurry up!

3. utket

utket New Member

Turns out mine wasn't deposited either - I just put a stop on my check. My concern is that the government will come back after it even after I've been refunded - anyone else have any thoughts on this matter?

4. Vaussie

Vaussie New Member

vickyS: Not all Miami checks were deposited. I just checked my checks, and it was not cleared. I put stop payment on these checks and will get a refund in 3 days. Hurry up!

Vicky, I went to my back today where I had drawn the Cashier's Check and was told that my 2 checks had not been deposited by ASD, but that they COULD NOT issue any sort of stop payment or refund!

Please let me know who you spoke to that approved the stop payment!

I have less problem with ASD having my money and going bust than I do with the government having my money! I did not issue it to the government to use as funds to destroy the company I invested my faith and advertising dollar in!

5. utket

utket New Member

Vaussie....did the bank tell you that they couldn't put a stop payment on your check b/c the gov't is involved, or it is just their policy to not stop payment on cashier's checks under any circumstance?

6. Vaussie

Vaussie New Member

The girl at the bank actually made about 5 phone calls before she got to what I gathered was the central processing agency for cashier's checks.

I requested to speak to the woman directly, but was not allowed to. Otherwise I was prepared to ask questions.

As I mentioned, for now, I will give the ASD legal team the opportunity to do their thing and advise us accordingly. Eventually I expect my money to either be returned to me or applied to a completely approved and legitimate ASD!!

I genuinely desire the latter of the two!

7. vickyS

vickyS New Member

Vaussie, I bank with US National Bank and Key Bank here on West Coast. It's a standard procedure for the banks to put a stop payment on Cashier's Checks and money orders. I verified it at the time I purchased whose checks. What happens if a check is lost in the mail? They have to be able to stop payment on it. Ask to speak with branch manager. The girl at the bank called processing company and while on call ask me if that was a check that had something to do with the internet? I said Yes. The lady on the other end of line said that many people had called today and yesterday to stop payments on cashier's check.

On the comment that UTKET posted: Why would Government go after us for stopping the checks if they say that ASD is a scam? They should be happy we were able to get the money out. They are looking after our best interest? or at least they should . If they go after any of us for that matter, it would mean they are after money.

I still hope that ASD will be cleared and back in business. As bad as the complaints looks, in every case the accuser tries to paint the worst picture.
    There's still a chance.