anyone heard of angel stevens

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by faazid, Jan 9, 2008.

1. lraustin

lraustin New Member

Greetings, All.
    After reviewing the processathome sales page, I was happy to find this post. The program surely sounds great. But, who would really pay you $15 to process a $10 rebate. Just not in the math.
    The first problem with this program is that you heard about it
    through a spam, right? I did.

A post above mentions Angela Penbroke as a new alias. Well...
    I just received a new spam in my spam filter folder from:
    Edward K
    With this:....
    =========== This is the spam ===========
    My name is Angela Penbrook, and let me tell you, I used to work hard. Really hard...like millions of other Americans while hardly getting by, living pay check to pay check.
    I got divorced at a very young age I was left with having to find a new place to
    live with my very young daughter. I moved to Southern California for a new start
    on life which I found out very quickly was not easy. I had to work two jobs and
    freelance work on the side just to pay for rent and the small amount of bills that
    piled up.

No matter how much or hard I worked my bank balance was always at zero at the end
    of each month, and my credit cards kept accumulating debt. I hated my jobs, my bosses,
    the debt, and most of all I hated not being able to give my daughter the life I
    wanted to give her.
    ============ End of Spam ==========

Does this sound familiar?
    Similar copy here as found on the sales page for processathome.
    So, Angela is emailing from Edward K

Yike!
    I'm curious. Has anybody even seen the Quick Start Guide?
  2. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

neilac: I did receice the rebate via B of A credit card, it did take almost 6 weeks and a letter saying this was being handed to my attorney.
    Neil

Wow. I guess you have to fight fire with fire, but awesome that you got a refund!
  3. neilac

neilac New Member

I believe this Angel is on her way to heaven, little is heard from her anymore, but wait we'll see the same thing, different name, different picture, anytime soon if not already.
    Neil
  4. yourinfo

yourinfo New Member

Stay away from this. It's worthless info, and will only cost you Money. I tried to get a refund and they strung me along until the time frame for the refund had expired. The kicker was getting a phone call from her so called company. They wanted me to join a personal coaching program they offer. $5000.00, and they wanted me to put it on credit cards!! You have got to be kidding me, that is the worst financial advise you could give anyone.
  5. melissa_s

melissa_s New Member

Did you try it?
  6. melissa_s

melissa_s New Member

Kelly_G.. I want to thank you for posting that letter you sent. I fell for the scam today, THEN came here to see who exactly Angel Stevens is. I was very upset when I read everything on here and immediately started working on getting my money back. I emailed that letter to the people who processed my payment and they said they have found my order and it has been refunded and may take 3-5 business days to post back to my account completely. HUGE relief. Thank you so much. That helped a lot.
  7. cricfan

cricfan New Member

scam!!! stay away from it!
  8. r_certs

r_certs New Member

Hi Melissa . . . you're not the only one that read the "reviews" (AFTER THE FACT!!) about this deceitful scam. I added myself to the suckers list just this past weekend. Just curious, was the company that processed your payment: eSellerate? Hope you've received your refund by now. So pathetic how people make a fortune off of others' misfortune . . . aloha, R
  9. RESQFRED

RESQFRED New Member

~~~~~~~~~~Warning~~~~~~~~~
    do not waste your time or money.
    The only opportunity here is for angel stevens or whatever her real name is !
    I was stupid enough to waste $197.00.
    They give you the runaround,
    once you ask for a refund.
    This scam is probably being run from someones garage.
    If you call the toll free #,
    actually any of the toll free #'s,
    the same" barely english speaking" woman answers !
    Humm !That says something,right there.
    I wish i had done my homework,before wasting my money.

Anyone who reads this before losing their money to angel stevens,
    dont do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember,if it sounds too good to be true,
    it is !

People are paid big bucks to set up advertising
    to suck us in to their scams.

Its really sad since all most of want, is just to get out of debt,or just provide more for our families.

I hope this helps someone.

[Post edited - Admin]
  10. polly

polly New Member

I too fell victim to "angel". forked over my $197. found out it was not a processing rebate job at all. it was selling ads and stuff.

I wrote 3 emails with no luck. finally someone from there, very little english, called and I was able to figure out a phone number.

Well I called it! and told them CANCEL ME and REFUND my money. and to my surprise he was very nice and cancelled me right away and refunded my money with no trying to keep me as a member. He was very helpful and quickly refunded my money with no persuasion.

the phone number I called is 1-888-514-6001 and I pressed #2.

I just said CANCEL me and REFUND my money. and HE did! wow.

I got a refund conf # too!

I hope it happens!!!

good luck I hope this helps others!

DON'T BUY INTO THIS SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. whitebrowne

whitebrowne New Member

Hi i too was looking for legit work from home. I got the email last month but paid no attention to it, processing rebate from home. I was on careerbuilders.Com checkin some posted jobs and saw the offer, so i decided to read it. It sounded so good i was mesmerized. So i decided to do what i have always done befor i purchase anything online. Check it out. So i went to the better business bureau and couldn't find her. So i decided to do a web search for her and came across this forum. I don't care if it's for a dollar. Check it out. Look them up at bbb.Com or the web first!!!! Sometimes they use the bbb logo fraudulently. I searched for one co. Once that had the bbb logo, because a co. Can join but still have bad rep. The bbb stated that they told that co. To stop using their logo due to nonmembeship, and it was illegal but they still did it. They had a terrible rep too because they were reported numerous times to the bbb. I informed the bbb. Then i emailed that co. About my research of them with bbb and what the bbb said. I never got another email from them or any other co selling the same offer.
    So when in doubt/or not, check it out-first.
    Hope everyone get their money from angel stevens. And pass on this info to everyone you know. Before buying check the bbb and the web. Let's stop all those evil people in their tracks. We work hard for our money, let them work for theirs too.
    Good-luck to everyone. I wish you all good health and prosperity.[​IMG]

[Post edited - Admin]
  12. AJAlbroMathieu

AJAlbroMathieu New Member

I'm so glad I found this website and this forum. My husband and I both have recently had our overtime at work completely cut and were looking for something part-time to help with the bills. We began looking through our city newpaper's on-line classifieds, and the Angel Stevens website was actually listed as a "job." Who would have ever believed that our local newspaper would list this without checking into it? You would believe that they would only list reputable employers. On a hunch, I googled Angel Stevens (something just didn't seem right) and found this forum. Thank you so much for saving us $200 that we could put toward our gas bill!!!! [​IMG]
  13. happywife

happywife Gold Member

AJAlbroMathieu: On a hunch, I googled Angel Stevens (something just didn't seem right) and found this forum. Thank you so much for saving us $200 that we could put toward our gas bill!!!!
    I'm so glad you checked. So many people don't. The hope of quick and easy money is so alluring they WANT to believe it so badly that they let their common sense go out the window.

I hope you will find something suitable for you both.

Blessings,
    Angie
  14. slk328

slk328 New Member

I have been getting the Angel Stevens emails for the last 45 days or so and I decided to finally google the name and "great opportunity". I am so glad I found this forum. It's crazy to see that she is going to great lengths to scam people. Times are hard enough as it is with the economy. The fake names and photos that are plastered on her webpage are crazy. Under one photo of a female, the name is actually a man's name. Thank goodness for forums like this. These posts are saving people their hard-earned money from the greedy clutches of scammers like Angel or Angela or whomever she will decide to be tomorrow. Good looking out!
  15. srl

srl New Member

Wow...thanks everyone for your imput because I just got an email about the Angel Stevens ProcessAtHome.com rebate lie and was almost convinced, BUT because it did sounded TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE I did a search on Angel Stevens and got you guys. Thanks for the imput. For years I never believed in the these Programs or shall I say SCAMS but sometime or another you get a little weak and doubt yourself, then fall for it and I was just about to make the same mistake as many good honest people who just want to make a buck without the help of a witch, I'm sorry I MENT without the help of a BOSS.

Thanks again!
  16. carter929

carter929 New Member

Thank you very much. I wish I had known about this sooner. I went on the web site and received an instant message chat. I asked questions and got replies to click here. It takes you to the payment site. I kept asking if I can ask a question kept getting an answer Yes what is your question and instead of answer I would again receive the link to the payment site. So stupid me I paid. Again asked questions that were not answered. Googled it and and you guys poped up. I cancelled within an hour. They gave me confirmation number. I have to wait within 3 business day to receive the refund. I will post again if I receive the refund.
  17. jframsey

jframsey New Member

After about 6-8 emails I finally got them to refund my money. It has been refunded to my credit card.

Just keep at them until they do, and make sure you quote their 90 day guarantee about being satisfied or they will issue a full refund.

Make sure they know you wish to end it then, not after 7 more weeks of training. They will attempt to extend the training so you pass the 90 days so do not let them.
  18. mr216

mr216 New Member

Rebate processing can be a productive business but it takes alot of work and buying a program is stupid cause you can start a rebate processing without the help of someone.
  19. Cakmmes

Cakmmes New Member

I have received multiple emails from her as well. And the very same emails from Angela Pembroke.
    I think one thing everyone who is going to look into these
    programs should always do is to read the terms and
    conditions.
    Other than the so-called "live chat" with the robot,
    the fact they are based out of the country kinda bugged me.
  20. polly

polly New Member

Still haven't got my refund!

It has been 20 days since I posted my reply.

So much for my hopefulness.

I have called everyday. sent numerous emails. and still nothing.

urghhhhhh.