anyone heard of angel stevens

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by faazid, Jan 9, 2008.

1. fatehasit

fatehasit New Member

Hi, I have just found out that I have been taken with the Angel Stevens scam. I am going to try to get my money back, wish me luck. Anyway, I got a call tonite from a guy in Utah wanting to know if I would be willing to invest $10,000 to $20,000 and make $5,000 a month! While I was on the telephone with him, I googled Angel and found out that I am probably out $197, however, who is Whythrive.com and Spencer Gee and Grant Wolten.

Pitch: In business for ten years, back by the government (I asked what part, but was not answered), local company in Utah, member of the BBB. Anyone know of this.

Curious, just wondering.
  2. Homeboy

Homeboy New Member

Um, I think I'll pass on this one, thanks... [​IMG]
  3. Still Lookin

Still Lookin New Member

I started getting phone calls from them months ago only because I looked at their website and I guess I did supply them with my phone number. These people are unbelievable. This high-pressure used car salesman-type idiot calls me now and then and says things like "what, you mean you don't want to make money on the internet?" and things like that. He also tried to get me to max out my credit cards so I could invest in their "business." Tell me, if they're so successful, then why the phone calls. What part of "no" do they not understand? I ended up slamming the phone down last time because he just wouldn't stop. "What are you saying, Barbara? That you don't want to make money? Is that it? You just don't want to make money?" Unbelievable. The biggest scam going. Stay away.
  4. Truthful

Truthful New Member

About 7 weeks ago, I purchased the program Process at home for $197.00 from Angel Stevens, and let me tell you what a big disappointment and needless to say a waste of time and money it was.
    To begin it was misleading, that program is not for filling out rebates, but to push or advertise products or services as affiliate on the web, I tried it hard to make it work without any success, in top of that in the past week I got two phone call claiming that they were from Angel Stevens, and they were going to help me to create my corporation, here is the bottom line the first time they ask me for $2,200.00 ,when I refuse the first time, I got the second call and this time they wanted $995.00.
    I looked at my purchase receipt and there is a link to request the money back, and I send an e-mail outlining the false claim and misleading program they have, and requested my money back, and in
    5 minutes I received an e-mail from PayPal that the money had been refunded. I have noticed that when I use PayPal on any transaction on the web and I got into trouble with any purchase I resolve it very quickly, I would say is a good thing to use PayPal on any transaction on the web.
    Stay, stay away from this fraud. Good luck to all.
  5. yrubslips

yrubslips New Member

How do you know if THAT website is legit? It looks to me like another advertisement for scams. Who do we trust?
  6. angelyze

angelyze New Member

I received emails from this as well.
    I always say you should never pay to get work!
  7. CuddleBugClub

CuddleBugClub New Member

I also fell for this program. It is not exactly what is advertised on the page. It is not rebates for large programs and there is no database of rebates for you to complete. It only teaches you how to use paydotcom.com and be a rebate affiliate. I emailed them at [email protected] on a Sunday and they had my money refunded THAT day. There was no hassle or anything. I gave them my email for paypal and they put it straight in there, no questions asked.

She does give you a lot of good information for running an internet business but do not think this is a rebate program that you will make money quickly with. She sends you information in 7 week trainings and you are having to sell individuals products and you have to sell them before you can give the rebate. So you have to make use of free classified ads and whatnot.
  8. mcgruffcd

mcgruffcd New Member

I too stupidly fell for this scam; I just read these postings now and while I was reading them, decided better request a refund. I just got off the phone with customer service (800-381-7820) asking for a refund. Just wanted to let you know my experiece - I called at 7:06 Eastern time. Spoke to a rep that barely spoke English - she kept me on the phone trying to get me to stay for the 90-days. I told her I was not interested and wanted a refund. I had to hold 14 minutes to speak to a supervisor that could process this. He came on the line (also spoke little English) and asked why I wanted the refund. I explained that none of the links worked, and the program was not advertised. He gave me a confirmation number and I received a confirmation email by 7:27. I was told I will get this refund processed to my credit card within 5 business days. Wish me luck!!
  9. cautiousone

cautiousone New Member

I currently get about 3-4 e-mails a week from Angel Stevens. I am glad I found this forum to dissuade me.
    I think there are two reasons why Angel is such a successful scammer.
    First, she has an honest and attractive face with an engaging smile. She does not look like a scammer. Her appearance gives her credibilty.
    Second, her site has appeared on one (or two) of these anti-scam review sites. Folks who claim to have been scammed by others claim that she is one of the very few you can trust.
    Unfortunately, even those of who have done their homework can be led to her site.
  10. rick47

rick47 New Member

I just received the email from Angel, and I immediately did a search on her, it brought me here. I'm glad I did because I was ready to order.
    Oh, bye the way now the cost is like $57 and when you click to close the robo rep (friends & family deal) comes up with a $25 offer.
    Looks to be still a bad deal...
  11. Kecia08

Kecia08 New Member

I fell for a similar scam by an Angela Christianson, but after doing research (why I waited until AFTER buying the product, I have no clue...I'm no longer as naive!), I have read that this is also the Angel Stevens/Angela Penbrook character. What I did was buy a product at processsamplesathome.com, which sounded like you received a box of samples and a list of addresses or something, and you got paid for every sample you sent out.

The woman (Angel/Angela/whoever) claimed she started out by working for Dorito's and Jelly Belly, sending out their samples and get paid like $9 each. I am trying to remember all the details, as it's been a year since I was scammed. When I purchased the product, which was $197, but when you try to close the window, a chat box opens to give you a $100 discount, so I paid $97....and quickly found out the real deal.

The woman said they have stopped doing physical product samples through the mail, and now they had about 5 ebooks they were trying to sell. You give away a sample chapter of a book, and if that person comes and buys the entire book through your link, you got like $20...Lame!

Basically, it all boils down to affiliate marketing, which can be done absolutely free through Clickbank. I quickly asked for a refund about 30 minutes after purchasing, and the money was applied back to my credit card in 3 days. Lucky I suppose!
  12. Tina

Tina New Member

Today I was contacted by Angel Stevens marketing company for a "new" on-line business. You get elected to do a business and they help you, so they can later market your testimony. So you are special. It is them making a web page based on your interest "medieval history" and having links that market and sell things and you get a %. Then they tell you which trends are popular, ie what people are interested. Of course, they will make your page pop up first on searches. The COST $4,500. And you get step by step directions and a team of experts on "your side".

The alarm bells went on when they said start NOW, how do you want to pay one credit card or split it? They stress the point of using credit cards to make an investment profit. I mumbled something about, I need to shuffle some money around, call my credit card company. They said ok, call you in 20 min. I got on the net and I found ieons of sites complaining about Angel Stevens. Some said she dissapeared, well they are back.
  13. tj2184

tj2184 New Member

i tried Angel Stevens program about 4 months ago. It was a complete scam, nothing she advertised happened after i paid. I got my program for 39.99 at that time and i see it has jumped to 197.00. I did recieve my money back but i encourange anyone to stay away from ANY rebate processing schemes, cause that is what they are, schemes. Basically they tell you information that you can get free on the internet. The only ones profiting from these offers are the one selling the programs. I'll give everyone some free advice right now about them, information you learn only AFTER paying the scammers. 1. To process rebates, you DO have to advertise and promote products in order to recieve rebates to process. 2. Free advertising does not get results. They didnt mention the part about advertising and promoting did they? My geuss is no. 3. Either way you have to RELY on some "sucker" to buy a product that you are promoting to be able to process rebates. I'm currently an affiliate to Clickbanck and have only used free advertising and i have yet to process 1 rebate. So wether you advertise for free or pay (somtimes alot) to advertise you still need to get some sucker to buy the product. I see how it "could" make you money, but if they're offering gauranteed results, i would just stay away so you dont have to bother with trying to get your refund. 4. 90% of the scams i tried just send you somewhere else to get set-up when you could've done it for free. I paid 39.99 for some A-hole to send me to clickbanks website. After i searched clickbank i found out i could've did the exact same thing for free. So I got my money back! 5. If you want to be a rebate processor or make money off commisions by being an affiliate, just search the web under just about anything to do with affiliates and you can learn the same thing for free that others try to scam you for. I hope this helps people if they decide to click on them "tantalizing" get-rich-quick scams. If you want more information on affiliates you can e-mail me at [email protected] i will share as much as i can. Or if you kno anything related feel free to email me. (i know my e-mail looks like a business e-mail but in no way am i in any business. Im just offering advice so people dont make same mistakes as i did.) I was prompted to make that e-mail from one of the many scams i tried!! If you want to go more indepth i'll give my primary e-mail upon request.
    P.S. STAY AWAY FROM ANGEL STEVENS!! CHECK OTHER SIMILAR OFFERS CAREFULLY TO SEE IF YOU SEE ANYTHING THAT HAS THE SAME STUFF CONTAINED LIKE PICTURES, COMMENT, OR TESTIMONIALS, I SAW THE SAME OFFER WITH NO MENTION OF ANGEL STEVENS AND SAW SOME OF THE PICTURES SHE USED IN HER ADS AND TESTIMONIALS WERE THE SAME. SAME BS? I THOUGHT SO!
  14. Suzette55

Suzette55 New Member

Goodness, why oh why did I not find this website BEFORE I got scammed???? It has been about a month, and I am going to call the numbers you kind folks have provided and try to get my money back - pray for me!!! Are there any work from home websites that do actually pay you? I need extra income and I really got suckered this time. I am so mad, and sooo embarrassed! But, I feel better after reading all your posts regarding Angel Stevens. She has sent a lot of material, online video training, and it all boils down to affiliate marketing. Good Grief. I will let you folks know if I ever get my money back. Thanks again for all your comments.
  15. geowashlaw

geowashlaw New Member

ANGEL STEVENS IS A SCAM!!! I bought her program and you are not "processing rebates." Her program is about affiliate marketing through Paydotcom.com. She says you are processing rebates because she say you can offer rebates in your ads. Needless to say I made them give me my money back! If you want to do this just go to paydotcom.com and sign up. You don't need her book.
  16. Suzette55

Suzette55 New Member

Well, I am happy to report back that I did indeed get a refund, WITH a refund code. Seems my account will be credited in 3-5 business days. I really dodged a bullet on this one. Thanks to all of you for your comments on this forum - I appreciate it so very much. Now, I need to find something LEGITIMATE to do from home. By the way, I only had to talk to three different "supervisors" at Angel Stevens' customer service number! Pretty good, huh? Did any of you notice when you called that they answer the phone "Customer Service" and make no reference to what company they are, etc? Pretty weird, I thought. Again, thanks to all!
  17. resume61701

resume61701 New Member

to get customer service with angel the tele# is 800-381-7820 and if you happened to get the web site with it that which you have to cancel also cause it is separate their tele number is 1-888-421-3595. with both of them make sure you get the confirmation number. good luck and I did turn it in to the bbb in Atlanta, GA
  18. dknow

dknow New Member

good way to tell if its a scam.. call them BEFORE you sign up and try to get a refund and if they say that they are processing the refund, but you havent even signed up for the service yet.. its probably a scam.
  19. brandi11

brandi11 New Member

I have found alot of sites saying that angel was a big scam. I thought it sounded great untill I started researching it.
  20. TJamMoneyMan

TJamMoneyMan Active Member

brandi11: I have found alot of sites saying that angel was a big scam. I thought it sounded great untill I started researching it.

I almost fell for this too!
    The price was low enough - scam bait!
    (I noticed a price tag of $35)

BUT, I always, ALWAYS, ALWAYS check the forum postings!

OR start a thread...

Good work forum folx!