Anyone heard of Partner with Paul?

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by NavPitt, Mar 23, 2008.

1. PlowShed

PlowShed New Member

The obvious openness and honesty of this thread is very encouraging. I am a disabled computer tech, age fifty-eight. More than twenty years' experience is computer sales and repair. I know my way around a computer and the internet. My question ...is there really a place anywhere on the internet that I could use to supplement my disability income? As Joe Friday always said, "Just the facts, ma'am...".

I need help and you guys seem to by knowledgeable, experienced, and honest. Can't tell you how refreshing it is to come across a place like this on the 'net.
  2. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi PlowShed,

Welcome to the forum. [​IMG] There are a number of different types of ways to earn money online. You kind of have to look through different methods and determine which one suits you best.

Some people write articles about all different types of products, etc., and post them to article directories. They include referral links to appropriate affiliate products and earn commissions on sales. Some people have great success with this while others seem to flop.

I think a lot depends on your ability to write well and choosing the right products to promote and keyword phrases.

Another option in affiliate marketing is to choose a niche (topic) that you know a lot about or really love (maybe your computer knowledge or a special hobby or interest you have). You can then build a niche website all about that subject. (That part isn't as hard as it sounds [​IMG] ).

When you build a niche site properly, based upon keyword research of what people are actually searching for on the net, you generate free targeted traffic from the search engines. This is especially important if you don't have a lot of money to pour into advertising.

Once you have your site up and established, you can make money from a variety of ways. You can recommend affiliate products or services and earn commissions. You can offer your own products or services for sale. You can earn advertising income (Google Adsense and the like), too.

There are plenty of options for monetization, you just have to be willing to put in the time and effort to get the job done. Actually, it can be an awful lot of fun when you choose a subject you love. [​IMG]

I know a number of retirees who are doing just that with various niches.

I hope you find something that is just right for you.

Blessings,
    Angie
  3. WARRANTIES4LESS

WARRANTIES4LESS New Member

JAZZYK: Its funny how see how everyone is talking about other peoples schemes and scams, but I was wondering why eveyone has a link under their quote that leads to more schemes and scams?

Funny,

One persons so called scheme is anothers dream, so how can you pop on here and spout about how everyone is promoting their schemes and scams?

You don't have a clue if you think everyone here is into schemes and scams, so why in the world would you be reading this forum with such a slanted opinion of members here?

Good luck to all, Mike
  4. WARRANTIES4LESS

WARRANTIES4LESS New Member

PlowShed: The obvious openness and honesty of this thread is very encouraging. I am a disabled computer tech, age fifty-eight. More than twenty years' experience is computer sales and repair. I know my way around a computer and the internet. My question ...is there really a place anywhere on the internet that I could use to supplement my disability income? As Joe Friday always said, "Just the facts, ma'am...".

I need help and you guys seem to by knowledgeable, experienced, and honest. Can't tell you how refreshing it is to come across a place like this on the 'net.

Welcome,

Sorry to hear about your disability, I was in same business for years until I figured out it was far more rewarding to start my own business, and never looked back, started over a dozen over the years and all but two were successful, the others were bad timing with recessions and being ahead of market.

This is a great forum to learn on, so you are doing the right thing by researching different home based businesses. I sold off all but one of my traditional brick and mortar companies and have been working online ever since internet went commercial, and cannot believe how much easier it is to operate a business from home on the internet, compared to all the overhead, hassles, stress, and responsibility of a traditional business.

All I can say is keep reading, learning, researching, and then bounce ideas off those you trust to see if they like business, product or service you are considering. I always ask opinions of others before investing in any business, so keep that in mind in your search.

Good luck to all, Mike
  5. PlowShed

PlowShed New Member

Angie and Mike,

Many, many years ago when I started in the computer sales and repair business, there were unscrupulous guys building 'clones' and loading them with pirated software. They sold a lot of machines, but their own very
  6. PlowShed

PlowShed New Member

Angie and Mike,

Sorry about the incomplete post above. I messed up. [​IMG] What I meant to say was...

Many, many years ago when I started in the computer sales and repair business, there were unscrupulous guys building 'clones' and loading them with pirated software. They sold a lot of machines, but their own very condescending attitude toward their customers, and their lack of a commitment to service, doomed them from the beginning. Several of them came and went. And remember, this was when a computer system and a new car were approximately the same price! I hung in there, repairing machines regardless of their origin, and selling my machines properly (and legally) with only a registered operating system. I made it for over twenty years until rheumatoid arthritis and some other maladies finally forced me to hang up my tool bag.

The internet today seems to be a bit like that. There are some folks who are grabbing what they can without, apparently, any remorse for the people they hurt in the process. I don't want to do that. More importantly, I now realize, since finding a couple fo sites like this one, that there are folks out there in the ether world, who also care about people and want their own creativity to foster their success.

I don't know if it is proper to "plug" someone in this forum, but I would like to mention a man named Joe Stap who runs a blog called "I've Tried That" (www.ivetriedthat.com). After just a tiny bit of correspondence with me, he actually wrote an email to me a few days later to see how things were coming with me. I was blown away! This is a guy who cares. I thought back to my growing-up years on a small farm in rural Alabama, when my Grandpa would tell me, "You can't go wrong doing people right."

I'm going to keep plugging. Even after twenty-odd years in the business of building and repairing computers, networks, programs, etc., I find that I am woefully ignorant about things that you guys take for granted. I don't know about things like 'RSS', 'Twitter', 'FlickR', and so forth. Somehow, I've got to learn all that. But I am a quick study.

I sat on my front porch for over a week (this was over twenty years ago) with a box of manuals from Novell. Then I went to my customer's place of business and built the first network in my hometown. It was ArcNet with a non-dedicated server and two additional workstations. Pretty primitive, but it made the local newspaper!

Times have changed a lot since then. You wouldn't believe the stories I could tell about the evolution of the PC in a small-town setting. The important point is ...I learned. That's what I've got to do now. With the help of generous people like you, and like Joe Stap, I am determined to build some kind of business that I can operate from my little farm. My Grandpa would be speechless to see what is going on in his barn! (I bought the "home place", remodeled the house, and saw my son swinging on the same barn gate that I swung on as a child.)

Thanks so much for your responses. You've given me a lot of hope. Success will come - just like it did so many years ago.

You can't go wrong doing people right!
  7. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Plowshed,

You've proven you have tenacity which is a must in the online marketplace. That's a huge first hurdle.

Your statement of your ethics is the second. If you always keep your Grandpa's motto, "You can't go wrong doing people right," in mind, you'll manage fine.

People can quite often sense when others are "in it" strictly for their own personal gain. Of course we are all trying to earn a living, that's a given. But there is no reason to step on other people along the way. I'm a firm believer in, "you reap what you sow." As a farmer you can appreciate that more than most.

When you are making an honest effort to genuinely help others, that will come through and people will trust your judgment and feel a sense of loyalty to you. There is nothing wrong with that as long as you don't take advantage of their trust and loyalty.

I hope you'll keep us posted on what you end up giving a try.

Blessings,
    Angie

P.S. Don't worry about not knowing anything about RSS, Flickr, etc. I didn't know anything about ANYTHING 18 months ago. [​IMG] I'm no expert now, but I've learned so much since then. Just stick with it step by step and you'll be fine.
  8. rodtanner

rodtanner New Member

I was a marketing executive for more than ten years, and have now been a commercial litigation attorney for more than ten.

When someone wants you to invest money exclusively on the basis of a slickly-worded direct marketing piece, without providing any concrete details of the "opportunity" he's hyping, you would have to be off your meds to send him money. Just my opinion.
  9. TJamMoneyMan

TJamMoneyMan Active Member

PlowShed: I find that I am woefully ignorant about things that you guys take for granted. I don't know about things like 'RSS', 'Twitter', 'FlickR', and so forth. Somehow, I've got to learn all that. But I am a quick study.

Hey there PlowShed!
    One quick way to learn about these things is to 'google' them - search by putting that word onto the google website search window.

Add to your search, the word 'Wikipedia', and you'll get a good comprehensive explanation of many things you need to know.

Also, look at some of the forum member's signature links.
    If you like where the person is coming from in his/her posting, you may just like the business offerings he/she is promoting.

Hope that helps,
    tjmm
  10. lynmarie

lynmarie New Member

Thank you so much for your information that is the second Herbalife Scam I was drawn into but thankfully did more research about the company like finding your remarks.

My rule of thumb is before you pay always do a google search "pros and cons" on that specific website or company, it has saved me everytime. But man I am disappointed I wish there was a ligitimate work from home business and you didn't have to be a detective before you start.
  11. TJamMoneyMan

rodtanner: When someone wants you to invest money exclusively on the basis of a slickly-worded direct marketing piece, without providing any concrete details of the "opportunity" he's hyping, you would have to be off your meds to send him money. Just my opinion.

That's how he games!
    You don't have to send him money.
    I didn't!
    He will pay for your shipping in advance via paypal - you have to pay to ship it back though, which is where you'll get burned, but even so, 'Paul' doesn't get any of that.

The scam is if you get hit for $39.95 for nor returning or 'damaging' that 'promo pack', which isn't worth ten cents!

Still, it's good advice to avoid these offers like the plagues they are.

I just like taking chances!
    (luckily, I made out alright, and can spread the word to others!)
  12. Lacremae

Lacremae New Member

TJamMoneyMan, YOU have just saved me from joining up with Paul!

Thank you, thank you, thank YOU!

I have learnt my lesson. I have been fooled so often by excellent sales letters and then sign up and pay BEFORE doing a search. This time I searched for "Partner with Paul" with my favorite Search Engine ([​IMG] see Sig) and I found this forum on the first page.

I have nothing against Paul, and he has set a a brilliant sales page, but I have had enough of trying to get people to lose weigth and take pills and I am happy to have escaped Herbalife.

Thank you again for honestly sharing your experience with us.

Sincerely,

Laremae.
  13. Jubie33

Jubie33 New Member

LOL@TJamMoneyMan.

By the way, do you know I almost bought into Partner with Paul? I am so happy I didn't. lol
  14. Jubie33

Jubie33 New Member

JazzyK, cause they are trying to get paid by promoting it. lol
  15. TJamMoneyMan

Jubie33: LOL@TJamMoneyMan.
    By the way, do you know I almost bought into Partner with Paul? I am so happy I didn't. lol

Lacremae: TJamMoneyMan, YOU have just saved me from joining up with Paul!
    Thank you, thank you, thank YOU!

I can die now! [​IMG]
  16. million2

million2 New Member

I got the email work with Paul as well ,ut it did not sound right. I knew I had seen this in your forum and decided to check it out, I am happy to say that I am glad that I did. Thanks.
  17. TJamMoneyMan

million2: I got the email work with Paul as well ,ut it did not sound right. I knew I had seen this in your forum and decided to check it out, I am happy to say that I am glad that I did. Thanks.

Praise be!
    Another soul saved!!
  18. MsChristy

MsChristy New Member

Ugh, I hate to admit it but I too fell for this. I ordered the kit last night, funnily enough, by seeing an ad on THIS forum and not seeing the fine print about Herbalife. I've already emailed "Paul" that I'm not interested and I will be refusing the package when I get it in the mail, returning it unopened.
  19. TJamMoneyMan

MsChristy: I ordered the kit last night, funnily enough, by seeing an ad on THIS forum and not seeing the fine print about Herbalife.

I suggest before you buy into ANYTHING, 'google' the hell out of it - AT LEAST!!

'Google' 'whatever you're interested in' + scam + review.
    Forums are an excellent place to get people's actual experiences with different programs.
    Nothing beats that.

Do NOT believe ANY e-zine articles.
    ESPECIALLY the ones that put 'scam' in their titles,
    (that's just to con you, since you are mainly concerned about that).

Be a 'devils disciple' and LOOK for the 'bad word' on a site.
    There are plenty of people advertising and putting out bogus 'good experience' about a plan.

Nothing beats checking out a forum (like this one).
    Had you read through this thread, you wouldn't have even bought into PWP, would you?

Do NOT believe an advertisement!!
  20. TJamMoneyMan

Korboy: I received an email from Project Payday to go to this site.

Which gives you a good idea about what Project Payday is all about!