Anyone here doing affiliate marketing?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by brians34, Jan 7, 2011.

1. SovereignWealth New Member

Affiliate marketing can be a great source of income if done right.

Be sure not to just put up a bunch of affiliate links pointing to the product you are promoting. Doing this gives you zero control over your business.

Instead, build a site the YOU own(control). From there you can add valuable content, collect email addresses and promote your offers.

With this route you are building a scalable business that can provide a lasting income or could be sold for a big payday. [IMG]

To Your Success,

-Mike
  2. jaesun16 New Member

It's been 3 years of affiliate marketing experiences.

Only way to survive and to see the result, is consistent work.
    Even this forum marketing works as well~

Happy day~[IMG]
  3. happywife Gold Member

Hi Pamela,

If you are building your own website, be sure to focus the site on one main concept. If you try to cover too many different subjects on one site you will take a lot longer to make progress.

Tightly focusing your niche will help you to get where you want to be quicker. Of course, you need to be sure that you are building your site correctly - based on solid keyword research (high demand and low supply) and using the main keyword phrase of each page in all the right places.

There are some good free resources you can read to help you understand the concept of affiliate marketing more fully so that you get the most return on your efforts.

If you have specific questions, please feel free to ask. You can get a variety of responses that may be helpful by asking very pointed questions.

Blessings,
    Angie
  4. pete76uk New Member

Hi pamela

The best advice to anyone who is just starting out in affiliate marketing is to read read read ,there are several good forums dedicated to it though I dont think im allowed to post them here .

Sign up to as many free newsletters on the subject and also you need to decide if your going to pay for traffic eg adwords or if your going to go the free route eg seo .

I personally wouldnt pay for traffic as basic seo can get very good results .

Good luck
  5. makemoneyonline New Member

Welcome to the forum! Just keep in mind that affiliate marketing is not a get rich quick scam. It takes time to build but is very worth it if you stick to it! Visit forums and subscribe to affiliate marketing newsletters to get ideas and tricks!
  6. onedumbaussie New Member

DO NOT EVER GIVE UP!

Give your sites time to rank, listen to advice and follow a system of backlinking and growing your websites.

At the start it is erratic at best so you might have a $100 day then nothing for a week then a $300 day out of the blue.

Keep an eye on what is working and focus on that. After 3 months you should know exactly where your sales are coming from so concentrate on scaling those up.

DO NOT BE AFFRAID TO OUTSOURCE.
    If you need help pay some one to help you, its way cheaper than you think.

Best of luck

ODA
  7. villasana New Member

Hi,

When i started in Internet Marketing it took me almost 2 months to affiliate 1 member to my downline that 1 sale was because i did not knew how to market, I was marketing my affiliate links the ones from the company until o got the knowledge to get referrals to my business using other strategies like my own link, blog and autoresponder.

Now I'm helping my dwonline so they can duplicate fast using a system that I created.

Best regards
    Luis Villasana
  8. joesfortune New Member

I am a member of a few affiliate programs and I am planning to join http://www.richptc.com, this is one of those pay-to-view-a-site sites.

Can anyone tell me something about this? Is this real or a scam>
  9. Just2EZ Gold Member

joesfortune: Is this real or a scam>
    Define scam. Or just do the math from their own stats...
    887,455 members (16 on line), Total Paid Out = $1,032,838.87
    Now factor in the minimum payout of $1,000 and you get 1,032 people got paid.
    Are you going to be one of the 1 in 860 that make money with it?
    (assuming that is not 86 people 10 times each which is most likely)
    Looks like they have a copycat in twobuckclicks.com
    Not so much a scam as a waste of time and money.

And to answer the Topic of this thread, been doing affiliate mktg since 1994.
    Made more doing websites for others than from my own affiliate sales though.
    Rarely mentioned on here is PayPal over-rides on new merchant accounts.
    Only pays for one year which is a bummer but pays none the less.
    Share-a-sale, Amazon, eBay, ClickBank, and dozens more.
    Each has it's own place and time to work it then let it flow.
    It takes time to build momentum but little to maintain it.
    Affiliate marketing is easy money once you figure it out.
    There is no one right way to do it but lots of good ways.
    This forum is full of helpful hints to guide you to profit.
  10. aniket New Member

If u want to get into affiliate marketing just think of ur visitors as some one wanting a solution to his/her problem and you providing that solution....u ll flourish in years to come...

To your success
    Kind Regards
    Aniket
  11. joesfortune New Member

Thanks for the reply. But I wish you were more forthright rather than oblique in your answer. When I wrote scam, I mean that they don't seem to honor their payment conditions in their Policy statement.

In short, they are not doing what they are saying. Is that what you mean with your answer?
  12. Just2EZ Gold Member

joesfortune: oblique in your answer
    Having no right angle? Yep, that defines my answer to a tee.
    I can't say if they pay those that qualify, only how many don't qualify.
    The statistics speak for themselves in my opinion.
    Just2EZ: Looks like they have a copycat in twobuckclicks.com
    Add TenBuckClicks to the copy cats, except it's a $10K minimum pay out.
    It comes down to will they give you enough ads to click to earn the minimum?
    The statistics say no, not without paying to upgrade at the least.
    Even then you are still fighting the odds of 1 in 860 who got paid.
    [IMG]"oblique in your answer", I really like that phrase.
    There is no right answer, only right questions.
    All answers are subject to interpretation.
  13. smcgriever New Member

Rach72: Affiliate marketing - especially using SEO and article marketing does take a while for the income to start rolling in, but once it gathers momentum it becomes like a snowball.
    ^^This.

Affiliate marketing is all about compounding. Pick a strategy (say, promoting Clickbank products through blogging/article marketing), and then work ONE plan.

My biggest mistake over the past couple of years was getting distracted. If I'd stuck to one strategy and exclusively worked with that, I would have gotten things rolling much faster.

So yeah. Affiliate marketing, like any strategy, has the potential to make money. It does take time to see results, but if you have the perseverance to make it work, it will.
  14. joesfortune New Member

Thanks. I guess that's it

Can you tell me more about that PayPal thing you mentioned earlier. I am a PayPal member but has never gotten around to selling what they have aside from payment processing.

Thanks a lot.
  15. Just2EZ Gold Member

joesfortune: that PayPal thing you mentioned earlier
    It is the payment processing I earn on from new Merchant accounts I refer.
    I believe any verified member of PayPal is eligible to refer businesses.
    It only pays .05%, up to $1,000 per merchant during their 1st year.
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_web-referrals-mrb-outside
  16. joesfortune New Member

Thanks. I already have that in my blog,
  17. franklin8309 New Member

I just started with affiliate marketing and so far the results have been less than zero. I've been reading a lot of messages from people having success in this field, so now i have a new confidence to keep pushing on. I haven't given up yet on any of my online businesses and because of it i make a real good income so i cant start now.

[Link removed - Admin]