Anyone here make real money in affiliate marketing?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Claire, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Claire New Member

Interested to know about people who are earning a real income with affiliate marketing and what you think your successful actions were. Are you also using adsense?
    Also what types do you like? Also Clickbank, CJ, Linkshare products??
  2. mountainmom5 Gold Member

I personally like Clickbank as the commissions are higher with eproducts and that is what they have, plus they have oodles of things to choose from.

Yes, I use both that and adsense on my blogs. You can't really use adsense on Squidoo lenses but you can on your own websites or blogs.

As far as successful actions, I would say....

1) Write content and more content [IMG]
    2) Build Squidoo Lenses and Blogs
    3)Write articles

[IMG]
  3. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Claire,

I prefer CJ by a long shot. Others prefer CB for the digital products with high commissions.

It's a personal call for the most part. Know that many companies now have affiliate programs. Join several networks and sign up for individual companies that aren't listed on the big networks. Mix it up as needed.

~Newbie Shield~
  4. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Hey NS, I have a question that you might be able to help me with CJ. I signed up with them when I only had a few Squidoo lenses, and some of the companies denied me as far as being an affiliate.

I am assuming it was because I did not have a website or lens related to their products. Did I just mess up with them or is there a way to get re-evaluated by them without just sending an email straight to their site.

I have done that ... sent an email thru their company page, after I had sites and lenses built but never got any responses...
  5. samda Member

Hey I just earned $20 in CJ. Tried CB, but not with full effort. Lost $40 in it. Otherwise I have a couple of websites for adsense and this keeps me moving.

I have not that much experience in affiliate marketing and I feel this is not the right time (Economic slowdown) to get into it. What you guys think about this ?

Sam
  6. pinkyparrot New Member

I am a member of CJ. A new member at that. Withing a week I have seen my account grow to $15.00 USD. If I can just keep that up it will be worth it to me. Almost everything that I apply for on CJ, I do get approved for.
  7. Galenen New Member

I'm still having a huge problem just deciding what micro niche to try. With clickbank I can at least look at the marketplace. With CJ you need to join first. But if you don't already have a site, it seems you can't join.

catch-22 or am I missing something?
  8. Newbie Shield Gold Member

mountainmom5: I am assuming it was because I did not have a website
    Hi Mountain,

It's because you didn't show them a full blown website.

Have you considered showing them your SBI site/sites? You can also try it again with your HostGator account later on as well once it's ready.

Though it could be a relevancy issue, it's probably a site size and/or quality of site issue. Some companies will reject pages that are on free hosting sites such as Squidoo.

Yep, you can re-apply with each individual company that rejects you every X number of weeks.

I don't remember how long you have to wait exactly, but I think that it's something like two weeks. The exact time is on there some where. Go take a peak or call them up. Maybe it's in the "rejection email", not sure where I saw it.

Just to clarify, CJ has historically accepted Squidoo but individual companies some times reject it.

~Newbie Shield~
  9. Claire New Member

Thanks. I have made a little money with Linkshare and I'm starting to use CJ as well. When I sell something like flowers on a site, it's very straightforward commission-it's usually a buy now thing, but only about a 10% commission. Some of the other things I'm trying start with a free trial for the customer--so not sure where it's going yet. I just love the product myself.
    It's a lot of work as I'm sure you know so I wondered if anyone had gotten to a point of getting a decent income yet.
  10. kmer723 New Member

I am new here to this forum and look forward to learning, as well as helping in anyway I can. [IMG]

I like some of the products available on CB, but competition is so saturated. I have a question....Do any of you like offervault.com, as far as a supplier to affiliate products? I hear even though the commissions are a tad smaller, there offers are more apt to get bought.
  11. robinincarolina Silver Member

Many vendors have their own affiliate centers set up. 2 of the vendors I use are powered by 1shoppingcart I believe. They have banners, text adds, email campaigns, and articles available. Also pays 50% commissions.

I discovered this by accident. In my niche, I had bought and purchased several e-books that I really liked and wanted to promote. I couldn't find them on clickbank, so I just Googled the title of the book followed by the word affiliate and ta da, I am an affiliate. These usually pay out on the first of the month.

I really look forward to the first of the month and yes I make real money. It's not through adsense by the way, strictly affiliate sales.
  12. PeterFrosen New Member

Sometimes with Affiliate marketing you have to depend on multiple income streams to make very good money. Coming out wit your own product eventually really helps too [IMG]
  13. kmer723 New Member

[IMG] As a matter of fact, I have written an eBook that teaches interested people where on the Internet, and how-to on the internet to make money. The book title is "A Masters Guide", the nuts and bolts of selling online. I explain how to make money on the Internet for less than $20.00 a month. The eBook sells for less than $20.00, so it should be appealing to someone in debt, looking for a way out. (just need best way to successfully market eBook).
    Any suggestions on how to best market this eBook? One thought was listing it on Clickbank. But the commissions might be too low to find any interested affiliates. I have a shoestring budget so PPC is out of the question. I realize this niche is very competitive and saturated with marketeers. I hope a newbie (like myself) can succeed in this niche. Any comments or suggestions are welcomed. [IMG]
  14. robinincarolina Silver Member

Publish it on Kindle. It's simple and doesn't take long. Offer it for free in exchange for reviews on Amazon. This pushes it up in the searches. A friend of mine just published a book about publishing on Kindle. He sells if for 99 cents and is already making money, even with that low price.
  15. kmer723 New Member

Hey thank you robinincarolina! Great idea! [IMG] If I remember correctly, I will need to get a UPI number to sell as a publisher on Amazon. I will dig deeper and let eveyone know.. [IMG]
  16. happywife Gold Member

kmer723: I have written an eBook that teaches interested people where on the Internet, and how-to on the internet to make money. The book title is "A Masters Guide", the nuts and bolts of selling online. I explain how to make money on the Internet for less than $20.00 a month. The eBook sells for less than $20.00, so it should be appealing to someone in debt, looking for a way out. (just need best way to successfully market eBook).
    Any suggestions on how to best market this eBook? One thought was listing it on Clickbank. But the commissions might be too low to find any interested affiliates. I have a shoestring budget so PPC is out of the question. I realize this niche is very competitive and saturated with marketeers. I hope a newbie (like myself) can succeed in this niche. Any comments or suggestions are welcomed.
    Please don't take this the wrong way because I wouldn't hurt your feelings for the world. My concern is that you are saying that you are a newbie in one sentence, but you say you have written "A Masters Guide" to selling online in another sentence.

If you haven't really "done" it, it may not be the best idea to try to teach others how to do it, if you know what I mean. [IMG]

I'm sure there are plenty of subjects that you are quite knowledgeable about from your own personal experience. How about writing a short book on those topics and selling them on Kindle instead? You'll really be helping people out and you'll have the confidence of knowing what you are talking about.

There are books on just about every topic possible, so don't limit yourself to the make money online niche.

Hope you receive this in the spirit it was meant.
    Blessings,
    Angie
  17. PeterFrosen New Member

robinincarolina: Publish it on Kindle. It's simple and doesn't take long. Offer it for free in exchange for reviews on Amazon. This pushes it up in the searches. A friend of mine just published a book about publishing on Kindle. He sells if for 99 cents and is already making money, even with that low price.
    Wow that's a great idea, I'll keep that in mind for any product that I want to create.
  18. PeterFrosen New Member

chaitanya: I'm a newbie and want to get in touch with things like working from home as i have some free time after my work.

I have a Gaming passion and want to buy a gaming PC so just want to get some extra bucks so I'm trying this. Guys please guide me on how to make the best out of ma time to learn how things work in here.

I might be starting of in the wrong forum but once im in touch with this forum completely i'll try to get through it but need some time untill then
    Feel free to start your own thread about that topic and I think many people here will be more than willing to help you out including myself [IMG]
  19. starintsky New Member

robinincarolina
    I just wonder how long did it take you to start making any commission fees as an affiliate? did you like make it after 2 months of work ar a year or something like that? i need a small boost because i think that i'm very very slow! i just need time to understand how to write a blog or an article or a lens or a post! it all has instructions and then it takes me time to read and study HOW to write, this is like the longest time consuming! the ideas for writing itself is not so hard, just this forming of how to write drives me nuts![IMG]
  20. robinincarolina Silver Member

Starintsky

It didn't take long, but to make enough money to actually live has taken me two years. I just kept on keeping on. My blog is actually a journal of my journey. I have an advantage, I love to write.