Are Cash Gifting Programs legal and do they work?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by ryamcarthur, May 13, 2008.

1. ryamcarthur New Member

I have been hit up recently to join many cash gifting programs. They are all very informative and they have lots of people holding and receiving lots of money.

I am wondering if they are legal? Do they really work? What type of program or version is better than another?

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated!
  2. Homeboy New Member

Cash gifting = chain letters, right? [IMG]

In that case, I believe they're illegal..... or maybe that depends on which country you're in? [IMG]
  3. GavinStephenson New Member

If your unsure don't do it, thats what I say. if you have to ask then its not right for you.

go with you inner feelings

joining a business should me like getting married. you have to love what your doing love your product love the people. anything other than that really isnt worth joining

Cant make money with something you dont like except at job
  4. mountainmom5 Gold Member

GavinStephenson: joining a business should me like getting married

In some cases it's only till debt do us part - lol
  5. freecashhappens New Member

I don't know if there legal or not. I don't trust them...There are better ways to make money then giving yours away, I do know that. Do your research and see what comes of it. Follow your guts and heart.
  6. cashgift1000 Guest

There is nothing ... i repeat nothing illegal about cash gifting. If cash gifting was so illegal you would not be able to go on youtube and see thousands people showing their faces and sharing telephone numbers while advertising. I've done all my research. cash gifting is completely legal guys. Law states I /you can receive up to 12,000 from anyone as gift and it is NOT taxable. Cash gifting has been a blessing for my family and I . I've only been in for a little over 5 months and i have made over 40k. If cash gifting is illegal, they have thousands of cash gifters to put in Jail [IMG]
  7. getagrip Gold Member

Just go to ripoffreport.com and see what comes up for cash gifting.
  8. CSGWAHM New Member

I would stay away from the gifting programs. You can make alot of money with a home based business, go for that instead of doing something unethical. I belong to another work at home site and there was an interesting link regarding cash gifting programs. I want nothing to do with them, although I do get emails about these programs.
  9. cupbucket New Member

I warn you that if you use paypal in order to get the money it could be dangerous. If paypal finds out they could freeze your account and you wouldn't (as far as I am aware) be able to get to your money. Paypal doesn't like these programs. For my business I use Alertpay.
  10. HiAchiever New Member

Perhaps you've seen the ads with all those FedEx envelopes.

Every wonder why cash isn't sent through the US mail? Even registered US mail?

Using the US mail service to carry out a ponzi or pyramid scheme is illegal.

Think of the old chain letters with five names and addresses on them. You send cash to each of the five addresses, then move the names down, adding your name at the top and dropping off the last name. Then you send out a bunch of letters hoping people will send you money.

This is illegal and if you use the US mail to carry out this type of scheme you could be in real trouble.

What's the difference between chain letters and cash gifting?

The only difference is there is only one name on the letter (or post card, or web site). Once you pay the person at the top, you are authorized to send your ads out with your name at the top. It's simply a one person chain letter.
  11. TheMarketer New Member

Hey new here, how are you...saw this post and thought I could help. thanks....
    I can honestly say they are legal. I talked with my CPA and my attorney before I joined one. Now there only two things one would need to worry about is this....the monthly costs they'll put on ya to make your calls or do your autoresponders for the emails, ask them what the charges are for them to run it??? There is one that's great, and it's only $27 a month...not to shabby. Just be careful and ask lots of questions...another good question would be if they have a min. first cash gift you must give to get in or set up.
  12. JRice1223 New Member

Cash gifting programs are illegal. They are in violation of the Federal Trade Commission. Most of these programs are generated outside of the U.S. practically try to launder the money through U.S. banks to get you to send the money to someone in another foreign country. Most of the time, these can and will send fake checks that look real for you to go to the bank and cash and send money to someone while taking "your cut". It is not legit, it is illegal. I would steer clear! Hope this helps. Cheers!
  13. discrat New Member

Yeah I can tell you this any State DA would definitely say that Cash Gifting is TOTALLY ILLEGAL !! There are just too many for these for DAs to pursue in a viable manner.

You have to have some kind of Good or Service in exchange for Money. Otherwise its considered a Pyramid or Ponzi Scheme.
  14. TJamMoneyMan Active Member

Hello everyone,
    I personally am 100% ignorant of cash gifting.
    I don't practice it or promote it.
    But one thing I notice, is that no one has posted the LAW that cash gifting supposedly violates.

Precisely which statute is cash gifting in violation of?

And who has ever been prosecuted for violation of that law by their practice cash gifting?

Not cases where cash gifting was used as a cover, or a front for some other illegal activity, but who has been convicted where CASH GIFTING solely and particularly was the offense?
  15. TJamMoneyMan Active Member

HiAchiever: Think of the old chain letters with five names and addresses on them. You send cash to each of the five addresses, then move the names down, adding your name at the top and dropping off the last name. Then you send out a bunch of letters hoping people will send you money.

This is illegal and if you use the US mail to carry out this type of scheme you could be in real trouble.

What's the difference between chain letters and cash gifting?

The only difference is there is only one name on the letter (or post card, or web site). Once you pay the person at the top, you are authorized to send your ads out with your name at the top. It's simply a one person chain letter.

For example, when you look at the statute concerning chain letters, they are NOT illegal UNLESS the US Mail is used in the process.
  16. TheMarketer New Member

That was my thought when I first saw this convo...but, well being new I really didn't want to ask it. Thank you and if someone could really let me know this, that would be great. I looked high and low...all over tons of different opps on the net. This is the first one that I liked....looking forward to more answers.
  17. LordAlan New Member

so then is it illegal in all of US or just some states?
  18. TJamMoneyMan Active Member

I went to the trouble of downloading and printing that article.
    It is one helluva read online!

Mainly because I was getting confused because as I skimmed along because I was reading about different cases without realizing it.
    As I result, I was getting a bit mixed up about who was being charged with what.

And it's not clear to me what the verdict of these court cases was solely concerning the gifting issue.
    It's one thing to be charged...

That being said, I think it would have been an easier read to have a clear cut definition of what a pyramid is presented a little earlier.
    There were so many cases, and names among the different articles.

Information overload I guess.

I did see one state mention an 'endless chain' law, which is a good description of a pyramid plan.
    And I guess I didn't realize that ALL gifting schemes are pyramid in nature (?).

If this is true, then gifting is illegal anywhere a pyramid scheme is illegal, plain and simple.

But the article did point to things that would indicate 'gifting' is indeed a pyramid, and fraudulent:

Like it takes 8 people to pay one.

That the ONLY source of income is money provided by NEW RECRUITS.
    There is absolutely NO product whatsoever.

When the pyramid recruiting stops for WHATEVER reason, ALL new recruits will be out of whatever money they put in, since there are no more new recruits coming in to pay these previous new recruits.

The longer the pyramid scheme continues, the more new recruits there will be GETTING RIPPED OFF, because they are the last group of new recruits.
    Because this is the very structure of a pyramid - small at the top, HUGE at the bottom!
    Because the more the pyramid grows, the larger the bottom becomes!

This last reason is why ponzi schemes, pyramids, and chain letters are illegal in the first place.
    LOTS of people WILL get ripped off in the end.
    As in, there is no possible way will the last group of newbies can ever get paid.

The last group of recruits are ALWAYS left with nothing to show for their 'investment'.
    Not even a garage full of nutritional supplements!!

Now, if any 'gifters' can refute this...?
  19. TJamMoneyMan Active Member

HiAchiever: The only difference is there is only one name on the letter (or post card, or web site). Once you pay the person at the top, you are authorized to send your ads out with your name at the top. It's simply a one person chain letter.

Pardon me for quoting you once again HiAchiever but, isn't there more than ONE name on a gifting ad?
    Or is it that you only pay ONE person - the one at the top?
  20. I recently joined a gifting program and from what I know, gifting is legal as long as everyone follows the rules. I myself gave willingly and have received as well. Do your homework, there are some programs fueled only by greed! Don't believe the hyped up videos either. There is no get rich quick opportunities, and gifting is not one of them. But, one can do well in them if you work at it.[IMG]