Are Limiting Beliefs Blocking Your Success

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by robinincarolina, May 17, 2012.

1. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

We are born with a clean slate, no beliefs in place, yet we all have thousands of beliefs. We learned them from our parents, media, peers among other avenues. We adopted them. We rarely question them, we just accept them.

A limited belief is a belief that you just accept and don't question, yet it blocks your path and you may be completely unaware.

I can give countless examples.

Some believe that because of the economy we won't make a lot of money.

Some believe they can't make money in a competitive market.

Some believe the only way to make money is to work very hard.

There are countless more.

What if these beliefs just aren't true?

I can only give you my own example. This forum has been very very educational and helpful to me. I have gained much here and still do.

I didn't take all the advice though as I realize that much advice that we give is based on our own experience of success and failures and the truth is no two people are alike. In other words most all of us give advice based on our own belief system.

Take the belief you have to build a list to ever get anywhere in internet or affiliate marketing. I really don't like those automated emails I get and I get a lot. To me it's just not very personal and every time I open one, I know someone is going to be attempting to sale me something.

So I tossed that belief in the wind. It didn't serve me. I have found success without that list and almost zero email marketing with a very few exceptions.

Then I remember being told the goal is to have your own website and that was the only way to big money. Again, not true.

I have heard you have to have a plan and a schedule. I have neither.

I have heard that you should hold onto your money and save, but I have found that when my fists are clinched and not giving, that there is no way I have room for more money in my hands.

The one that sticks in my mind the most though is how many times I heard you shouldn't use Squidoo as one of your main sources of income, it should just be a backlink to your site. Again, I choose not to believe this and again proved this not to be true.

Limited beliefs carry over into all areas of our lives, not just work at home business.

My moral here, there is so many many ways to skin this cat. It's not just one way or the other. When you wrap your mind around this and let go of your limited beliefs, your mind begins to entertain some pretty creative ventures and doors begin to open that you didn't even know were there before.

Some may disagree and that's okay, but I challenge you to examine a few of your beliefs and ask yourself what if this just isn't true at all?

Do any of you have examples of limited beliefs that you have discovered just weren't serving you?

2. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

robinincarolina: Do any of you have examples of limited beliefs that you have discovered just weren't serving you?
    I don't
    That and I can't

as in "I don't have the ________ " (education, experience, time, money, etc.)
    or like "I can't _______ " (sell anything, write well, figure this thing out, do it, etc.)

Yes you can.
    "Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda

3. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

Yes Just2EZ. Exactly.

I am technically challenged. That was another one. I found I don't have to be a guru after all.

4. kellerbrianw

kellerbrianw Member

Great information, Robin and Just2EZ! Thanks for sharing!

I agree with you both 100%! Too many people sit on their "ifs", "ands", or "buts" too much!

Here's to your success!

Brian

5. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Superb post Robin! Everything is created in the mind. Only when you open up your mind, and stop clinging to beliefs, then only can the abundance start flowing in to your life through your heart. A closed mind = closed heart = scarcity. An open mind = open heart = abundance. Beliefs create fear/paucity. Openness creates fearlessness/abundance.

6. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

robinincarolina: My moral here, there is so many many ways to skin this cat. It's not just one way or the other. When you wrap your mind around this and let go of your limited beliefs, your mind begins to entertain some pretty creative ventures and doors begin to open that you didn't even know were there before.
    Right on the money, Robin! [​IMG]

The mind is truly fantastic and confounding. Beliefs are powerful double-edged swords, as you so eloquently point out. There is no singular approach to success and often the results one experiences are proportional to one's beliefs.

I think one reason most people unquestioningly embrace limited beliefs is fear of going against the tide. They reason that if conventional wisdom (whatever that is) says a thing is so, then it must be so.

Yet stories abound of more courageous souls who have challenged conventional wisdom and made amazing discoveries. Perhaps it just goes to show that there are no absolutes.

Hermas

7. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Great post Robin!

I think a lot of people limite their belief that they can be successful online and make money. And limiting belief can keep you from even getting started.

If you don't know how to create a site, learn how. If you don't know how to do SEO, learn that too.

You need to believe in yourself if you want to succeed.

8. ErikaAwakening

ErikaAwakening New Member

Hey Robin,

Thanks for telling me about this forum. I'm here [​IMG]

As you know, just about all I do is clear limiting beliefs, all day every day.

And now I get to sit at home in my pajamas and let the money come to me, multiple six figures already this year.

I wish more people understood that the secret to success is not working harder but rather clearing their limiting beliefs and following their intuition.

And I wish more people would stop going after the "bright shiny object" and the "quick fix that never works" and actually learn how to change their belief systems.

So now I need to change my belief system about why people sabotage themselves instead of doing what works. Lol.

Talk to you soon,
    Erika Awakening