Are you using Pinterest?

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by robinincarolina, Feb 22, 2012.

1. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

I am looking into this for sure. Lot of buzz about it.

2. aw1219

aw1219 New Member

I just started using Pinterest. It is fun and simple but there is a technique to creating boards and pinning items to your boards. You can create mutiple boards in different categories of things you like to eat, places you would like to visit, your favorite websites, etc.

3. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I am using it and loving it. Keep in mind that pinterest is more for great ideas and interests in picture form. But yeah - a fun new way to do marketing. [​IMG]

4. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

My daughters and all their friends are using it to share crafts.
    Advertisers are rushing to it due to record ad responses there.
    Because everything is based on referrals the ads seem more targeted.
    Don't know about posting to boards but it's the hot place for paid advertising.

5. positivemagic

positivemagic New Member

Yes, it is a 'scrapbook' site. Fun new stuff!

Isabella Fiorentino

6. greenkat

greenkat New Member

My daughter raves about it but I still get confused when I log in

7. everythingsimpl

everythingsimpl New Member

I use it. I actually will write an article or blog post, create a gimp graphic with some bullet points from the article and insert that into the article and then pin it. Had some massive boosts of traffic for things you would never think would be interesting. I haven't found any traffic that really converts though.

8. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

9. everythingsimpl

I have seen massive spikes in traffic since using pinterest but I haven't noticed any conversions. I am sure someone that is good at writing copy could make something happen. I am starting to think that maybe my copy stuff needs to be outsourced.

10. payment proof

everythingsimpl: I have seen massive spikes in traffic since using pinterest but I haven't noticed any conversions.
    I'm curious about the massive spikes in traffic. Are you just including a link to your blog/site on your pinterest page? Even if it's not helping with conversions, it could ultimately help with SEO and PR.

11. everythingsimpl

I write an article and will usually generate a graphic for the blog post and include it in the article. After I make the post I will pin the graphic. Some generate loads of traffic through repins and likes, some don't. I do my best to create a whitty graphic but there seems to be no way to determine what will be popular and what won't. The day that I started my board related to my website I had about a 300% increase in traffic. I haven't converted any of that traffic into sales so it's worthless in my opinion. I am sure some far more experienced marketers could take advantage but from what I have read many people have experienced the same thing

12. payment proof

everythingsimpl: I write an article and will usually generate a graphic for the blog post and include it in the article. After I make the post I will pin the graphic. Some generate loads of traffic through repins and likes, some don't. I do my best to create a whitty graphic but there seems to be no way to determine what will be popular and what won't. The day that I started my board related to my website I had about a 300% increase in traffic. I haven't converted any of that traffic into sales so it's worthless in my opinion. I am sure some far more experienced marketers could take advantage but from what I have read many people have experienced the same thing
    Thanks for the super detailed reply everythingsimpl. I really appreciate it. Possibly in the future you'll still see some direct sales from this. But you're getting a lot of traffic to your website, so that's something and it's a start. [​IMG]

13. chadarcy

chadarcy Member

Can someone detail a little bit about what I should do to make a board. I am really not understanding how to make it all work out.

Thanks in advance,
    Chad

14. try2vape

try2vape New Member

Picture marketing is great because of the visual impact!

15. kmstudio

kmstudio Member

I do! [​IMG] I love it. It helps also with my squidoos because I do craft how-tos and that's one of the big things on there, do it yourself projects [​IMG]

16. newbiz02

newbiz02 New Member

try2vape: Picture marketing is great because of the visual impact!
    There you go [​IMG] you just said it.
    This is one of the keys to pinterests insanely fast success.

Making money on pinterest is the new gold rush since facebook so dont get left behind.

17. simpleflair

simpleflair New Member

I started using Pinterest before they opened it to the public. It was great because they had images from designers (fashion, interior), photographers, architects and other creative people. Now that it's opened to the public, the quality of the images have gone down. I would have to spend a good 5-10 minutes to find something that's interesting.

18. chadarcy

chadarcy Member

Yeah, so far I am not seeing much traffic from pinterest, and I am assuming it is because I need to do more to make mine pins stand out more than others. Seems like it can easily be saturated with similar pins.

Edward Martin likes this.
  19. luvbodybyvi

luvbodybyvi New Member

Yes, I use Pinterest and I've gotten quite a few visitors to my site. A lot of people do repin my stuff, but they don't bother to take out my website link or anything, so I just keep doing what I do. I haven't gotten any signups from Pinterest, but it's still free marketing and only takes a minute to pin something from my site, so it's still worth it.

20. sidmakid

sidmakid New Member

Social media is normally pants for advertising, fb ad have poor ROI compared to Adwords, I rememebr reading how some twitter guru was getting less than 0.3% of her traffic from twitter. LOL.

Would be interesting to see how ad campaigns are working after the hype train settles.

My gut instinct is that iot's full of young people who are not "commercial" traffic friendly, people who0 are passive and just killing time on there.