Are you waiting for an interview or response to your application?

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by Denise912, May 4, 2008.

1. Denise912

Denise912 New Member

West is currently on a hiring freeze. I received an email yesterday stating that they have currently met their hiring needs. I was also told to check my email within the next months because new opportunities may become open for current applicants.

I guess I will have to continue waiting. Is there anyone else still waiting?
  2. Aryn

Aryn New Member

Well, I am still waiting, however checking my email they were not even kind enought o let me know that htey are currently in a hiring freeze.
  3. bookwurmee

bookwurmee New Member

I waited for 3 months before I was hired by West. I actually had begun to think that it would never happen. Hang in there!
  4. mimilove

mimilove New Member

I waited for 4months
  5. tucker6

tucker6 New Member

It took me 4 months also. I just finished training & I'm waiting on my logons.
  6. cathande

cathande New Member

Bookwurmee,

Now I'm hung up with Verafast by not being able to pick up the calls with my headset. We spent hrs. last night trying to get me able to do the test calling. No luck. If you don't mind my asking what kind of headset & phone do you use? They couldn't tell me what kind to get, just that there was a conflict between my headset & the software, they think. I was talking to them the whole time on the headset with no problem. But when I login & the phone is supposed to ring, it never does. So, I can't hear even if I go ahead on in. The scripts load, but no sound. I bought a call center Bell telephone base & headset. I live in a small town, so I had to order it. I thought surely that would work. I'm beginning to think Murphy's Law is going into overdrive as far as I'm concerned. Anyway, just thought I'd let you know how things are going.
  7. rsoler

rsoler New Member

Bookwurmee,

Thought I put my 2sense in well, I have found that the best headset you can have to work from home is PLANTRONICS. Is the headset that comes with the piece to connect to your phone.
    RO
  8. wahdell

wahdell New Member

I use a Practica Platrontronics T-100 it's a great phone, everyone can hear me, and I can hear them. I picked mine up on ebay for $30
  9. WorkAtHomePro

WorkAtHomePro New Member

I waited for nearly 3 months to hear back from West (applied back in 1-08), but eventually gave up and moved on. Then after 6 full months they write to me saying I'm hired and can begin training right away - like I was still sitting here checking my mail 4 times a day!!!

Of course, I had moved on to other work at home opportunities, but I'm still going to give W*st a go now (VM VMU)!

Also, I use a Plantronics S12, and it works great! I'm always heard very easily and I hear everyone else just fine. It's very comfortable and easy to use, and it has a lot of adjustments and has endured just fine, although I do feel there is some room for quality improvement overall.

But I'm starting to think I might like to get a dual ear headset someday. And yes, Ebay is the place to get these things very cheaply! ($17. for mine)

WorkAtHomePro
  10. steph

steph New Member

Rsoler,

How do u like Voicelog?
  11. rsoler

rsoler New Member

Steph,

I am completely satisfied with Voicelog not only were they early on my pay on the first check..but the job is relatively very easy. no upsells please, visit the website www.voicelog.com for more info.
    RO
  12. Mrsdiggymom

Mrsdiggymom New Member

I also got an email saying they have reached their quota. I trained for VM and direct response. I failed the VM training and hated direct response. I dont want to do the kind of upselling that is required. I understand you have to wait 3-6 mos before you apply for another skill and I did that but then received the email saying they are not hiring right now.
  13. presidential954

presidential954 New Member

can you send me and email to me to let me know when you guys are hiring again please and thank you!!!
  14. steph

steph New Member

I dont think we know when they are hiring or not. The best way is to check every day as often as you can.